Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Panda 
pimp.gif
... another solo 
laugh.gif

First we let the Pirates snap their 10 game losing streak. Now the Marlins will snap their 7 game streak.

First we let the Pirates snap their 10 game losing streak. Now the Marlins will snap their 7 game streak.

I concur.

I hear callers all the time on KNBR say not to panic because we went through a slump last year...this is not last year, just because the Giants got hot late last year doesn't mean it'll happen again this year. Last year we were injury free for the most part, this year we're not. Last year Huff and Torres played really well, this year not so much. Last year the starting rotation sucked the entire month of August, this year other than Zito and Sanchez the starting rotation has been solid in August. Point being, this is not last year's squad and just because something great happened last year doesn't mean we should put all our eggs in that same basket and expect a world series again this year...or even playoffs for that matter.

All that aside, does anybody else feel like this season will end with either Huff, Beltran, Rowand, or Whiteside hitting into a double play?

I concur.

I hear callers all the time on KNBR say not to panic because we went through a slump last year...this is not last year, just because the Giants got hot late last year doesn't mean it'll happen again this year. Last year we were injury free for the most part, this year we're not. Last year Huff and Torres played really well, this year not so much. Last year the starting rotation sucked the entire month of August, this year other than Zito and Sanchez the starting rotation has been solid in August. Point being, this is not last year's squad and just because something great happened last year doesn't mean we should put all our eggs in that same basket and expect a world series again this year...or even playoffs for that matter.

All that aside, does anybody else feel like this season will end with either Huff, Beltran, Rowand, or Whiteside hitting into a double play?

Originally Posted by dland24

panic%20button.jpg

Who's with me?
Agreed. I wasn't too worried with the way they started the season and was willing to give them time. They don't have that now...

And to make matters worse they don't have their best player(s).

Originally Posted by dland24

panic%20button.jpg

Who's with me?
Agreed. I wasn't too worried with the way they started the season and was willing to give them time. They don't have that now...

And to make matters worse they don't have their best player(s).

DL for Beltran?

As for the Panic? Not quite there yet. If we come back from this road trip under .500 with Beltran going on the DL, then yes, time to panic.

The homestand was a combination of some bad pitching with our everyday atrocious offense. I'm also not willing to panic because frankly I don't believe in Arizona. After their Mets series we'll have an absolute feel for whether they're for real or not.
Edit - Torres on the DL with a "shin bruise".

Jesus Christ, really?  I'm sick and tired of the up and down *$@#!%*# with Belt.  Either find room for him on the ML roster or don't. We need to just cut ties with Tejada once he's off the DL and just leave Belt up here.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Haven't been on NT for a while. What the hell is going on in here?
We can't score. Nothing new.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I'm not quite ready to hit the panic button. Hoping for a 500. road trip. Then were back for some home cooking. I'm looking forward to September, hopefully we can continue to improve on the 28-17 division record.

DL for Beltran?

As for the Panic? Not quite there yet. If we come back from this road trip under .500 with Beltran going on the DL, then yes, time to panic.

The homestand was a combination of some bad pitching with our everyday atrocious offense. I'm also not willing to panic because frankly I don't believe in Arizona. After their Mets series we'll have an absolute feel for whether they're for real or not.
Edit - Torres on the DL with a "shin bruise".

Jesus Christ, really?  I'm sick and tired of the up and down *$@#!%*# with Belt.  Either find room for him on the ML roster or don't. We need to just cut ties with Tejada once he's off the DL and just leave Belt up here.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Haven't been on NT for a while. What the hell is going on in here?
We can't score. Nothing new.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I'm not quite ready to hit the panic button. Hoping for a 500. road trip. Then were back for some home cooking. I'm looking forward to September, hopefully we can continue to improve on the 28-17 division record.

Back
Top Bottom