Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Since everyone is doing it, and I agree with the idea, major props to Timmy for this thread. On the rare occasion that the lineup isnt posted before the games, everyone seems lost.

In spite of the waste of a season that was 2011, I had a great time talking ball in here with you guys.

On to the offseason thread!!

Props to Tim on the thread and props to all the regulars who post here game after game win or lose.

Hopefully we will be rested and healthy. 

We say goodbye to a few players that we all know didn't deliver. 

A bat to complement Pablo would be be 
pimp.gif

I'm not sold on Brandon Crawford as far as his offense ability and I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Hats off to the Bullpen this year especially Romo and Mota. Romo I think really improved on his confidence and I think he feels on matter what the count he can get anyone out. And Mota game after game on matter if we were up by one in the 9th or down by 7 in the 4th always seen to make the pitch for the strikeout or just lockdown the opponent this 2 or 3 shutout innings.

Props to Tim on the thread and props to all the regulars who post here game after game win or lose.

Hopefully we will be rested and healthy. 

We say goodbye to a few players that we all know didn't deliver. 

A bat to complement Pablo would be be 
pimp.gif

I'm not sold on Brandon Crawford as far as his offense ability and I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Hats off to the Bullpen this year especially Romo and Mota. Romo I think really improved on his confidence and I think he feels on matter what the count he can get anyone out. And Mota game after game on matter if we were up by one in the 9th or down by 7 in the 4th always seen to make the pitch for the strikeout or just lockdown the opponent this 2 or 3 shutout innings.

Thanks Tim Lincecum for all the contributions to this thread throughout the entire 2011 season.

It's too bad it won't continue into October. We actually posted a better team ERA than last season when all the talk before this season about our arms being tired after the postseason run last year and our ERA climbing similar to past teams who've won the title. That alone shows the heart and passion this pitching staff has.

On to the offseason where this team needs to make multiple transactions.

Thanks Tim Lincecum for all the contributions to this thread throughout the entire 2011 season.

It's too bad it won't continue into October. We actually posted a better team ERA than last season when all the talk before this season about our arms being tired after the postseason run last year and our ERA climbing similar to past teams who've won the title. That alone shows the heart and passion this pitching staff has.

On to the offseason where this team needs to make multiple transactions.

I work at a grocery store in Pacific Heights and Cody Ross just rolled through, bought some condoms, some zig zags, and some fiji water. Pretty cool guy.

I work at a grocery store in Pacific Heights and Cody Ross just rolled through, bought some condoms, some zig zags, and some fiji water. Pretty cool guy.

Thanks for all the love from some of you guys. Lets me know I'm not wasting my time here. Haha...

Well, I'll be heading to tonight's game and most likely on Wednesday, just to enjoy the last set of games. This year has been a real roller coaster, but just didn't go as high to last season's.

Thanks for all the love from some of you guys. Lets me know I'm not wasting my time here. Haha...

Well, I'll be heading to tonight's game and most likely on Wednesday, just to enjoy the last set of games. This year has been a real roller coaster, but just didn't go as high to last season's.

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Chacin Col
8534.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]R. Vogelsong SF
6571.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]11-13[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]12-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.66[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.81[/td] [/tr][tr][td]147[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]135[/td] [/tr][tr][td]86[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]61[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.32[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.28[/td][/tr][/table]
Colorado Rockies Lineup:
Young, LF
Ellis, 2B
Fowler, CF
Smith, RF
Pacheco, 1B
Kouzmanoff, 3B
Rosario, C
Field, SS
Chacin, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Fontenot, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 3B
Pill, 1B
Belt, LF
Crawford, SS
Whiteside, C
Vogelsong, RHP

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Chacin Col
8534.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]R. Vogelsong SF
6571.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]11-13[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]12-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.66[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.81[/td] [/tr][tr][td]147[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]135[/td] [/tr][tr][td]86[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]61[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.32[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.28[/td][/tr][/table]
Colorado Rockies Lineup:
Young, LF
Ellis, 2B
Fowler, CF
Smith, RF
Pacheco, 1B
Kouzmanoff, 3B
Rosario, C
Field, SS
Chacin, RHP

Torres, CF
Fontenot, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 3B
Pill, 1B
Belt, LF
Crawford, SS
Whiteside, C
Vogelsong, RHP

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Oh Hell Yeah.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Oh Hell Yeah.

Red, when are you going to start the offseason thread? 
laugh.gif

I'll be covering the game tonight. I'll try to post some pictures.

laugh.gif

I'll be covering the game tonight. I'll try to post some pictures.

[table][tr][th="col"]A. White Col
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Bumgarner SF
8590.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]3-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]12-13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.04[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.32[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]182[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.67[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.24[/td][/tr][/table]
Colorado Rockies Lineup:
Young, LF
Ellis, 2B
Fowler, CF
Kouzmanoff, 3B
Pacheco, 1B
Wigginton, RF
Rosario, C
Field, SS
White, RHP

Torres, CF
Fontenot, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 1B
Gillaspie, 3B
Belt, LF
Crawford, SS
Whiteside, C
Bumgarner, LHP

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif
Thursday, just to be official.

[table][tr][th="col"]A. White Col
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Bumgarner SF
8590.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]3-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]12-13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.04[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.32[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]182[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.67[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.24[/td][/tr][/table]
Colorado Rockies Lineup:
Young, LF
Ellis, 2B
Fowler, CF
Kouzmanoff, 3B
Pacheco, 1B
Wigginton, RF
Rosario, C
Field, SS
White, RHP

Torres, CF
Fontenot, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 1B
Gillaspie, 3B
Belt, LF
Crawford, SS
Whiteside, C
Bumgarner, LHP

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif
Thursday, just to be official.

Back
Top Bottom