Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Ward has never really faced adversity, things always seem to go his way. How will he react when Dawson gives him trouble? It's not a matter of if, because Dawson WILL give him trouble. But I have a feeling this fight won't happen soon anyway. 
laugh.gif

I might be in the minority, but I'm not really all that interested in Ward vs Bute, Ward wins that one easily. Not even close.

so none of the super 6 fights counts? i mean ward has been in with some good $!# boxers and fought his style and has always won. dawson has all the talent in the world but heart pumps kool-aid this why most of us are picking ward to win. in a tough fight where ward is going to be pushing dude all around the ring and roughing him up you see chad winning? i sure as hell dont.
During the Super Six he fought Kessler, Green, Bika, Abraham, and Froch. Before the tournament, he fought Miranda. Those guys definitely aren't bums, but look at the way they fight. Not much speed, not much footwork, not much defense. I'm saying Ward has never been really been tested against someone like Chad Dawson. Yes we know he's not that bright, but that doesn't change the aforementioned advantages that he will have and Ward's previous opponents clearly did not.

when is the last time dawson used all the tools he has? i mean if dawson fought like he SHOULD we would all pick him to win problem is he DOESNT

That's the scary thing. If just half of Dawson shows up, he might still do enough to nip a close decision. If we see the Dawson who fought Adamek, Ward is in for a beating.

laugh.gif
but then that goes back to my point. That fight with Adamek was four or five years ago, how long do you wait for that Dawson to show up? Ward has become a master at adjusting in the ring, if half of Dawson shows up he's gonna get beat up for the majority of the fight.

I'm not saying Ward has no chance of winning. It won't be easy at all and it will definitely go the distance. Ward will not beat Dawson by more than 3 points on each scorecard, no matter which Dawson shows up. None of the participants in the Super Six need much adjusting, except for Andre Dirrell and Jermain Taylor whom he did not fight. I hope Ward comes out at least a -250 favorite so that I can take advantage of those odds. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

dawson got bullied by Pascal...

thats what made me come to that.

Pascal is a one punch guy, at least Ward does his dirty boxing game with a bunch of punches.

Im no longer a fan of Chad, I feel like if BHop was 38 years old, he woulda beat Chad's $#$.
Yeah, but why did a younger B-Hop duck Dawson for years until he lost to Pascal?
Tells me he never had the confidence to beat Dawson AT ALL.

Ward also has no right hand, he's a lefty fighting as a righty, just like Dawson is a righty fighting as a lefty.

The people who gave him problems have decent right hands, like Pascal.

Ward will not have his way, especially if he wants to fight dirty like we've seen Dawson do with B-Hop in the first and 2nd fight.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=52766#ixzz1uhNnYnuc
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

BoxingScene.com has learned that WBA/IBF junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson initially passed the normal VADA testing procedures. It wasn't until VADA ran a CIR [carbon isotope ratio] test, that Peterson tested positive for synthetic testosterone.

The positive test result ultimately led to the cancellation of Peterson's rematch with Amir Khan. The fight was scheduled for May 19th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Both fighters agreed, per the contract terms for their rematch, to take part in a random drug testing protocol.

A lot of the controversy, besides the positive test result, is being focused on the lack of communication between the involved parties.

Peterson was given the testosterone pellets prior to the first fight with Khan, according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, citing Peterson’s attorney Jeff Fried. The fight first took place on December 10th in Peterson's hometown of Washington, DC. According to Team Peterson, the boxer's doctor gave him the pellets after his testosterone levels were found to be low.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, making a statement Tuesday on a conference call, said the testing had been done unannounced at the March 19 press conference in Los Angeles announcing the fight. The samples from Peterson and Khan were taken to a WADA (World Anti Doping Agency) drug testing lab in Los Angeles and split into “A

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

What do you think about Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Erislandy Lara?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Why waste our time?

Dawson does not beat Andre Ward...at 168. If the bout was at 175, I think it would be a true toss-up. But a sucked up Dawson at Super Middle won't compete with Ward.

Pascal is a one punch guy, at least Ward does his dirty boxing game with a bunch of punches.

Im no longer a fan of Chad, I feel like if BHop was 38 years old, he woulda beat Chad's $#$.
Yeah, but why did a younger B-Hop duck Dawson for years until he lost to Pascal?

Ward also has no right hand, he's a lefty fighting as a righty, just like Dawson is a righty fighting as a lefty.

Ward will not have his way, especially if he wants to fight dirty like we've seen Dawson do with B-Hop in the first and 2nd fight.

Word? Ward was landing straight rights whenever he wanted to against Froch.

The only knock I give Ward is his lack of pop.

Lol Lara vs Floyd? We know damn well that would never happen. Khan won't get a shot at Floyd either.

Dawson vs Adamek is so old, if you look at Dawson's last couple of fights, he could have easily stepped on the gas and won wide decisions. But he chooses not to. We know what kind of mental makeup Andre Ward has, you can clearly see he picks his opponent apart by watching film along with his trainer and follows the gameplan throughout the fight. He simply solves fighters. And his resume isn't bad either, don forget we are giving Dawson credit for Adamek, and 40 year olds Hopkins, Tarver, and Glen Johnson. So if anything they are about even in that category.

Like I said before, Dawson has all the physical gifts to be a great fighter. But that mental makeup stops it all from happening.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Lol Lara vs Floyd? We know damn well that would never happen. Khan won't get a shot at Floyd either.

Dawson vs Adamek is so old, if you look at Dawson's last couple of fights, he could have easily stepped on the gas and won wide decisions. But he chooses not to. We know what kind of mental makeup Andre Ward has, you can clearly see he picks his opponent apart by watching film along with his trainer and follows the gameplan throughout the fight. He simply solves fighters. And his resume isn't bad either, don forget we are giving Dawson credit for Adamek, and 40 year olds Hopkins, Tarver, and Glen Johnson. So if anything they are about even in that category.

Like I said before, Dawson has all the physical gifts to be a great fighter. But that mental makeup stops it all from happening.
I know that fight won't ever happen, but it's a damn good match up IMO.
The only other person to beat Adamek is Vitali Klitschko at Heavyweight.
laugh.gif
47 year old Hopkins still beats everyone at 175 except Dawson. 47 year old Hopkins is still slick and crafty as hell. Tarver is currently a titleholder at Cruiserweight. Dawson fought Glen Johnson at his best IMO he did not peak until 2006-2008 or so, despite his age he can still bring it to this day. But to be fair the first time he fought Johnson, you can argue Johnson won. It could've been a draw or gone either way. All those opponents> Andre Ward's Super Six. Don't be fooled just because they are older. What do you mean he could have won wide decisions in his last couple fights?  Did you expect him to knock out the Executioner? Dawson fought Diaconu the way you're supposed to fight a shorter brawler, not take too big of a risk or get KTFO like Sillakh did.
laugh.gif

And Dawson is stupid for offering to go down to 168, catchweight at 170 at most.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Word? Ward was landing straight rights whenever he wanted to against Froch.

The only knock I give Ward is his lack of pop.

Yeah "word" there's a difference betw.een landing a right hand that's not scary and a powerful right. ward does not have power in both hands . there's no getting around it.

Anyways its my birthday guys. gonna try and catch some sleep since I get to go paintballing in the morning.
laugh.gif
goodnight fellas. Love debating boxing with you guys.

Happy birthday

anyone ;looking forward to the Viloria -Romero IV tonight
think Viloria gets him out in 6 and hopefully a match with Hernan Tyson Marquez

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I know that fight won't ever happen, but it's a damn good match up IMO.
The only other person to beat Adamek is Vitali Klitschko at Heavyweight.
laugh.gif
47 year old Hopkins still beats everyone at 175 except Dawson. 47 year old Hopkins is still slick and crafty as hell. Tarver is currently a titleholder at Cruiserweight. Dawson fought Glen Johnson at his best IMO he did not peak until 2006-2008 or so, despite his age he can still bring it to this day. But to be fair the first time he fought Johnson, you can argue Johnson won. It could've been a draw or gone either way. All those opponents> Andre Ward's Super Six. Don't be fooled just because they are older. What do you mean he could have won wide decisions in his last couple fights?  Did you expect him to knock out the Executioner? Dawson fought Diaconu the way you're supposed to fight a shorter brawler, not take too big of a risk or get KTFO like Sillakh did.
laugh.gif

And Dawson is stupid for offering to go down to 168, catchweight at 170 at most.
30t6p3b.gif
All valid points but Dawson should use his youth, hand speed, and overall physical gifts more. His best fight IMO was against Adamek. Every since that fight it looks like he's not giving 100% in the fight. He might be but I feel that Andre Ward will win the fight.

Yes sir, great fight and probably won't be boring like most people think it will be. We just have to wait and see.

i think it will be incredibly boring.

neither one of them have had an exciting fight in over 5 years.

Personally I thought that Andre Ward vs Allan Green was a good fight. Andre took the fight out of Allan (which isn't hard to do IMO, dude is one of the biggest talkers in boxing but never backs it up)

I respect every just about every boxer who walks into the ring. But Allan Green is a bum. 
laugh.gif
I think Ward vs Kessler was exciting in a way. 

Happy Belated bro
pimp.gif

Fight will probably be boring as #@$* but at least it's two "stars" making a deal. Top guys actually wanting to make a fight, that has to mean a little I think
laugh.gif

i watched the replay of the Floyd fight. like most after another view cotto gets even less rounds then he got live. i only gave him rounds 6th and 8th

Back
Top Bottom