Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

After what happened last week in Vegas, I don't blame him.

And if Lee doesn't KO JCCjr he'll lose by decision if it's even remotely close.

Get well BigMike, that's some sad news to hear.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

It wasn't Las Vegas' fault. It was Bob Arum's fault.

Damn.

That Pacquiao fight was a damn robbery.

Where's that dude that was saying Bob Arum is always right or something like that?

Or Bob knows best...

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I didn't say it was Vegas' fault. But, even Marquez doesn't want the fight in Vegas because of the judges. JMM said before that if they do a rematch he doesn't want it in Vegas and he wants something like a Filipino judge, a Mexican judge, and a racially neutral judge to score the fight.

I don't see him fighting in Mexico TBH. Only places he'll fight are LV, TX and then way after that is Florida
laugh.gif
he'll never fight anywhere else.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I didn't say it was Vegas' fault. But, even Marquez doesn't want the fight in Vegas because of the judges. JMM said before that if they do a rematch he doesn't want it in Vegas and he wants something like a Filipino judge, a Mexican judge, and a racially neutral judge to score the fight.

I read that too. I don't know why he thinks picking the judge's ethnicity will help him. Last time they were all Caucasian I believe.

Apparently the wind blew the canopy off at the Sun Bowl stadium
laugh.gif
and there's a storm supposed to pass through.

Hold your head, Big Mike!

My thoughts on Pac-Bradley: I had Pac winning widely, 10-2. After the decision, I re-watched the bout and still had Pac winning 8 rounds to 4 (obviously, I was searching to find Timmy winning some more rounds). BUT Pac did give up the first 90 seconds of too many rounds & coasted the last quarter of the fight. If you do that, you're subjective to whatever the judges hand out.

Chavez via wide UD and Adamek stops Chambers.

After watching the fight, Bradley had more clean hits. But Manny had harder punches, but was kinda wild. Still have PAC winning the fight, but not shut out like earlier

So I listened to a weekly HBO podcast last Wednesday. He said a common practice for fight judging is to divide rounds into thirds (one minute each) and whoever takes 2 out of 3 will win the round.

With Manny taking a vacation the first 90 to 120 seconds of the rounds I scored the fight 115-113 Bradley. I think this is a stupid way to score a fight tho. There were rounds where for the first 2 minutes Bradley was busier (but not very impressive). Than came the Manny dominance which from a scoring perspective I had to ignore cause Bradly already had 2 out of 3 minutes of the round.

One minute of dominance >>> 2 minutes of staying busy, IMO

This won't silence the conspiracy theorist, but it could explain the bad decision.

How convenient it is that this ref warns Lee for a low blow on the second body shot he throws and Jr has been landing on the border all night
laugh.gif

What the heck was Lee doing?

laugh.gif

He was in control in the 1st and 2nd rounds and just went away from it.

And JCC jr. gonna duck Sergio...

Back
Top Bottom