Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

I noticed there wasn't a thread about the Cool Grey 9's sorry if there already was one.

Anyway there hasn't been much information on them since early march when pictures leaked out of an early sample, along with the Photo Blue, Olive and Johnny Killroy 9 retros.

Here's are some pictures of what we MIGHT see this Holiday:

Heres a Picture of the Original Retros from 2002:

They have been comfirmed and set to drop December 15, 2012; Will you be copping or passing? Anything that could have been better or is missing? Lets hear your opinions.

Last edited:
Its WAYYYYYYYYYY to early to do an official thread.

Mods usually put it up about a week to two weeks before they release.

Oh and I have a feeling the vets about to spark off on you calling 2002 version the OGs.

:lol:

Back on topic, I plan on copping these.

The first pic looks like the GS version.

Miss my '02s, but never wore em, so these will def be

Oh and I have a feeling the vets about to spark off on you calling 2002 version the OGs.
laugh.gif

Not necessarily, The Charcoal 7 Thread was made in 2011, The Bred 11 in March and many others months before the release dates and lol yeah your right on the "OG" title, I fixed it.

Last edited:
Still waiting for pics of what the production models soles will look like.

Translucent sole = EZcop

Solid sole = Pass

I still have a vnds pair so i might pass. I'll wait too see the final release version in person. Here are some photo's of my 02's.

Anything that could have been better or is missing?
I would love to see a grey midsole instead of white and a translucent (or white) sole.  
Although this would make this a whole new shoe.

:lol:

Not necessarily, The Charcoal 7 Thread was made in 2011, The Bred 11 in March and many others months before the release dates and lol yeah your right on the "OG" title, I fixed it.

+1

True. & you're right.

Its just funny how other than the pic posted, there hasn't been many new info of these.

I hope they updated the sole and color, cause both are off.

One of my favorite colorways of the 9 (besides the charcoals & bin 9s), so I do plan on picking these up.

these are gonna be my first pair of 9s

do they run true to size or a .5 size bigger?

I still have a vnds pair so i might pass. I'll wait too see the final release version in person. Here are some photo's of my 02's.

my pair is still crisp as well, but i could use another to beat up. i thought the CG 9's were great.

The 9s are a gross shoe. By far the ugliest of the original 13. But I strongly prefer them to the gross *** 14s. Only one good colorway of this shoe and it is the White and Black ones

I remember the Friday night before they released, MJ rocked them on ESPN while playing with the Wiz. Can't recall which team they played - I wanna say the Jazz or the Bobcats. If I hadn't been pumped already, that took me over the edge (as an adolescent, mind you).

My only gripe with these is the inevitable sole separation. Oh and the patent leather cracks like no one's business around the toe. Other than that, tied with the olives as my fav. IX colorway.

Last edited:
I will be honest, those early pics look very disgusting. It's like it's not even the same shoe we saw in 2002.

Back
Top Bottom