Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

Damn, I'm I the only one who thinks these look like crap compared to the 2002 pair. The shape of the shoe, the patent cut, the shade of grey on the patent. :smh:

Damn, I'm I the only one who thinks these look like crap compared to the 2002 pair. The shape of the shoe, the patent cut, the shade of grey on the patent. :smh:

I hope you didn't buy the 2010 Cool Grey 11's, because the shape of the shoe, the patent cut, the shade of grey was also different so I guess they were also crap compared to the 2001 pair. The used the exact same color shade of the patent on the 2010 11's.

When you do side by sides, the older retro will almost always be superior.

Last edited:

I hope you didn't buy the 2010 Cool Grey 11's, because the shape of the shoe, the patent cut, the shade of grey was also different so I guess they were also crap compared to the 2001 pair. The used the exact same color shade of the patent on the 2010 11's.

When you do side by sides, the older retro will almost always be superior.

exactly

i wish we could stop beating that dead horse

exactly
i wish we could stop beating that dead horse

You know what, my bad, wrong choice of words.....In my opinion these look like crap, PERIOD

The patent shade and cut I can swallow, but since I have only bought two pairs of 9s over a decade ago I never really notice how ****** up the shape got

easy behind the back pass, people dont need these IMO... its just another holiday filler to help saturate the month with jordans.

Last few months been quiet for me on releases... Going to be a busy holiday for me and been putting in a lot of OT's so I can afford all the upcoming releases.

This is 1 of my must cop of the year.

Very nice pics above.  Would much rather cop these than to pay $300+ for a DS 02 pair given the issues that shoe had with chipping.  These will wrap up 2012 for me with JB releases.

They look ok but imma def pass. Have the Cool Grey XIs and Ive only worn them like 3 times. These things would get no play

I'm on the fence. The cw is fire but the shape is so off I don't know if I can handle it.

Very nice pics above.  Would much rather cop these than to pay $300+ for a DS 02 pair given the issues that shoe had with chipping.  These will wrap up 2012 for me with JB releases.

Exactly. I wore my 02 cool greys pretty regularly, once every 3-4 months after I got them in 06-07. Then, I wore them to a sneaker con in DC back in early August (i had them on all day for about 8 hours) and when I got back home the sole was peeling toward the back :smh:

I say all that to say I'll be grabbing these, as well as getting my 02s fixed by a cobbler. Even though the quality/shape on the 02 was much better that was 10 ******* years ago, if you grab a DS pair I'm almost positive they will separate after a few wears....

EDIT: The 02s are still in VNDS condition, so it wasn't like I was abusing them at all, they're just from 2002 :lol:

Last edited:
So, it's between these and the Stealth Foams... I'm picking the Foams.

Back
Top Bottom