L 11 Thu, Nov 15 @Buffalo 8:20 PM NFL

W 12 Sun, Nov 25 Seattle 1:00 PM FOX

L 13 Sun, Dec 2 New England 1:00 PM CBS

L 14 Sun, Dec 9 @San Francisco 4:05 PM CBS

W 15 Sun, Dec 16 Jacksonville 1:00 PM CBS

W 16 Sun, Dec 23 Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS

L 17 Sun, Dec 30 New England 1:00 PM CBS

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

The Miami Dolphins have just released Chad Johnson, scouts cleaned out his locker

Last edited:
Been looking like crazy for this thread Nesto :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... new site had me looking in all sorts of directions

Been looking like crazy for this thread Nesto :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... new site had me looking in all sorts of directions

:lol:

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero

Old saying, when player starts talking about retiring, he's practically retired. Eric Steinbach talking about it for week. Retired today.

I wish he was healthy

We got a 2 and a 6 or 7 for a corner we had benched. We did fine. We're in for a long season, but we also have 5 of the top 75-80 picks. Let the kids play, and have another big draft class, we'll be ok. But Ireland better not miss a single pick, fans want his neck bad.

We got a 2 and a 6 or 7 for a corner we had benched. We did fine. We're in for a long season, but we also have 5 of the top 75-80 picks. Let the kids play, and have another big draft class, we'll be ok. But Ireland better not miss a single pick, fans want his neck bad.

[COLOR=#red]Fully agree. Vontae only has "Potential" ....for 4 years now and he has been gettin burnt by second team. I love that sean smith has really stepped his game up. I'm not mad at all about getting a 2nd round pick for someone who wasn't starting.

[/COLOR]

http://www.miamidolphinsdraft.com/2...ning-of-the-trade-for-the-dolphins/#more-1433

I'm at least trying to feel better, but maybe to make everyone happy, Ireland will stack up 10-11 draft picks, then get fired and let someone else rebuild with those picks. :lol:

Still, Marsh, Ocho, and Vontae, all guys with questions about their attitudes (BM), or work ethic (VD) or just big mouths (85) and we cleaned them all out. Writing is on the wall. Don't be a ****, stay on the team. Not hard to figure out.

Davone Bess + Bush is all they need. Their QB situation worries me.

I disagree. We might have the worst receiving corps in the entire league. Couple that with a rookie quarterback, no tight end and inconsistent offensive line play. Yea, it's gonna be a long season

[COLOR=#red]It's NOT all he needs by a long shot. With one of the 5 picks they will address the right side of the line unless John Jerry pulls his head out of his a-s. I think Johnathan Martin will be ok once he gets his feet acclimated to the speed.

Receiver.... good god. Unless your name is Bess it's been ugly. Tanny is getting no help. I expect to see Daniels and Bush on the field a lot together with Bush as a Faulk type of role (in the slot, split wide, screens, etc) while Daniels will be running between the tackles. We'll see.

Tight End... Clay, to me, Has been the only bright spot and to add he drops back to full back. Real nice flex player and he seems to just get it come game time. Fasano isn't fast by any means but he should be able to do some zone reads well enough... all of a sudden he has stone hands. Fasano, out of everyone, needs to be that one person Tanny can go to. A nice security blanket, it's not lookin so good though. And Egnew is a bum man... he can't catch anything... another guy that I hope he can pull his head out and actually get it going. He has shown little flashes here and there but the majority is trash. Understandable he is trying to go from Mizzu's spread offense to a more traditional tight end position while still doing the spread, but he has to either sink or swim it seems with this new regime and he is so far head under water at this point... He has Jermichael Finlay written all over him, but only time will tell.

The depth at running back and left side of the line are the only bright spots so far... but with Tanny being introduced and getting his bumps and bruises, then FA upgrades possibly, and one more draft It should look a little brighter. We'll see, this year I'm looking forward to seeing Sean Smith and That front 7 Beastin. Seeing what Reggie can accomplish and how he is used. And of course How much and IF Tanny gets better and stays consistent, in the positive, throughout the season.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]another take i had at the nfl.com site...

Moore hasn't looked good at all. Dolphins drafter their future QB... he's looked good in the preseason. Dropped passes make his stats look off, he really is getting no help from anyone not named Bess or Bush. Why not start him off.

Defense is good, real strong front 7. Short term letting Vontae go will suck, Long term and the vision of this defense I think it's a great move. Two early second and Third round picks now. How did Green Bay get so good? All through the draft. Everyone wants to bag on Jeff Ireland, but look at the facts. A couple decent drafts OUT of the god awful Bill Parcel's era. People wanted his neck for asking Dez about his mom, guess what... He was Right to do so. they've gotten rid of ALL the head cases in Vontae, Chad, and Brandon... good move... The Dolphins didn't pick up Orton, Flynn, and the others ever
yone seemed to want. I for one wasn't one of the sheep... all looks (other than Manning whom half the league had their eyes on) have been horrible. Flynn just lost his job to a 4'6" rookie... Power to him, I hope he balls out as the Seahawks hold a soft spot in my heart due to family.

Everyone wants Ireland's head, but in his full years as the Parcell's-less GM he hasn't done bad at all. Do some people Not like his approach, yes. I have no problem with is, he is straight forward. In a little place called New York their GM and Head Coach are the same way... Straight Forward... and they are put on a pedestal. I'm sure he'll have at least one more season under his belt seeing as this is a rebuilding year, you can see the pieces they are really setting up and keeping for the future... so we'll see.
[/COLOR]

ehhh Ireland was out of line with the dez bryant situation, no matter how u slice it. I've seen all i need to see from him, his *** should have been gone with sparano

Short term letting Vontae go will suck, Long term and the vision of this defense I think it's a great move

can u elaborate on this?

[COLOR=#red]At the time I thought he was as well... Look at a lot of his problems. His mother and her problems are a major part of it. When you invest a first round pick and 10-15 million dollars into someone... you need to know their background and if they are stable. He's not at all, originally I did see a problem with it... He was right to ask. It was a **** thing to do, but someone needed to ask.

He's had two decent drafts... I have no problem giving him the shot he is getting.

Now to elaborate... The culture they are trying to have reminds me and is similar to that of what they have in Green Bay. Build through the draft, no distractions, everyone is team first attitude. There were three head cases on the team... Brandon Marshall, Chad Johnson, Vontae Davis with Vontae not so much being mouthy but more so lazy and out of shape. Brandon... Gone. Chad was signed with the thought of him being his NE form of not tweeting and doing stupid stuff. Didn't happen... Gone.

Now what I mean by short term will suck.. lack of depth in the secondary does leave the dolphins vulnerable. But they didn't even have vontae starting and I doubt he would of made it to week 1 starting with him pissing off the entire staff. I always say the worst thing to have after a year or be labeled as that guy having "potential". 4 years later he still hasn't been able to peak, he gets burnt often by not paying attention, and I believe he gave up 3 td's to second stringers already. should NOT happen fror a top 5 CB. But he does show flashes of being that... either way you slice it he still is the best CB not named Sean Smith on the roster. Short term it hurts the dolphins with the lack of depth.

Long term... first the dolphins got 2 picks for a CB who wasn't starting, one of them being a second rounder. 5 picks in the first 75ish picks. They got rid of a guy who had crap work ethic and will replace him with someone who is hungry, is a team guy, and has a motor to go. That's what the dolphins want long term and I am all for that. It will make the entire team better to have a player on the field who doesn't gas or give up on plays. [/COLOR]

I hear you. We'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out in the the next few years. But right about not, **** is lookin ugly. We're about to field a 4 or 5 win team. Our defense can't get off the field and that offense is just :x And imo a big ? mark is how philbin will pan out as a head coach. he didn't even call the plays as the OC in Green bay for christ sake(ur aware of that already, i know). We'll see

dolphins thread scare me MY TEAM always but damn it man lets get it together ..my potna karlos dansby ball #Truth

I'm just eager to see Tannehill with more reps in preseason with the first team.

My god this offense is looking bad on paper. Hope that injury to Long isn't serious, the O line is already suspect.

Hope we can get an even better season from Reggie, he balled last year and I like that he's taking on a leadership role with the team.

I'm glad Jorvorskie Lane finally got serious about getting in shape :pimp:

He's looked pretty good so far from what I've seen.

[COLOR=#red]Picking up MORE draft picks with Cook... it's obvious what they are doing and I am very much behind it. I had a conversation/argument with an eagles fan on here who was blowin up how the dream team was superbowl bound blah blah blah. Long conversation short I said teams who build through Free Agency lose, Teams who build through the draft win. In the end, I was right, I win.

What the dolphins are doing is right in line with that. The sh-t truth of it is, the fans have to wait that much longer to see that turn around. [/COLOR]

08/31/2012 Ryan Cook, G/C Traded to Dallas
08/31/2012 B.J. Cunningham, WR Released
08/31/2012 Clyde Gates, WR Released
08/31/2012 Cameron Collins, LB Released
08/31/2012 Jamaal Westerman, LB Released
08/31/2012 Roberto Wallace, WR Released
08/31/2012 Jeff Fuller, WR Released
08/31/2012 Gary Guyton, LB Released
08/31/2012 Vincent Agnew, CB Released
08/31/2012 Quinten Lawrence, DB Released
08/31/2012 Ryan Baker, DE Released
08/31/2012 Ray Feinga, G Released

If we can find a way to move Moore for a draft pick as well, we'll be in business for the draft next year, sort of that Patriot plan where you have so many damn picks you don't know what to do with them all.

Right now we're at 10. 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6*, 7, 7 I beleive the 6 from Indy is conditional, not sure what that condition is yet, but we moved our 6 to SF in the Lamar Miller deal.

Either way, 5 picks in the top 75-80, and already a young group playin together this year. All we can hope for is keep Tannehill alive. Let Martin, Miller, Egnew, Vernon, Kaddu, Mathews, Clay, learn and grow. Keep Wake and Smith and Soliai from dying. Hope that Jake Long and Pouncey don't blow anything out.

We're going to be drafting in the top 3-4 picks I assume, we could add 3-4-5 playmakers early, and build some youthful depth with the latter round picks. That's the way to go. That's how we get out of this mess we've been in, which was created by YEARS of wasted picks from 99-07. Now, Ireland has missed on some picks too, sure, everyone does, even the Pats just cut a 2nd rounder from a couple years ago, it happens, but they can absorb that **** because they always have 11 picks and make up for it. We never have that many, now we're starting to build that way. Jimmy was similar, look at his drafts, nailed Madison, Surtain, Taylor, Zach, etc. He also BOMBED plenty of picks too. A whole damn bunch. Yatil, Cecil, JJ, Olineman, etc. But because he has so many every year, it works out. That's what our ultimate plan has to be. Build SOLID thru the draft with extra picks. Get your core, then get your depth on top of that core. Using youth, not expensive vets, or trading away picks for 28 year olds and such. (please no James Jones trade, please please please)

We're going to be bad this year, everyone needs to see that. They tried to be better, but Garrard got hurt, Chad got dumb, and Vontae didn't come in like he needed too and lost his spot. If those 3 things work out better, maybe we try to win 8-9 games and do something. But they didn't, so we adjust, and go youth. Hell, I would move just about ANY vet. Bush, Fasano, Wake, all of them. They won't be here 2 years from now, flip em now, add more pieces in the draft, have a TON of cap space and there ya go. Play Lamar Miller every down. Let Egnew struggle, but learn on the job (along with Clay) As long as they protect Tannehill, keep him from being munched every play, the team will learn that way and that's how they will improve. I'm not saying they will move those vets, but it's an idea, and if they get an offer for a guy, they should look at it, like they did with Davis.

it always seems like we have to look 2-3 years down the line for success with the dolphins. Fast forward the time a couple years, we're probably still a mediocre team at best. It all starts at the top. If our braintrust isn't draftin the right guys and our coaches ain't developin them, ain't **** gonna change. Over the past several years, how many of our draft picks have actually panned out for us? I guess I'm just losing faith in the people runnin this organization

[COLOR=#red]
Long term... first the dolphins got 2 picks for a CB who wasn't starting, one of them being a second rounder. 5 picks in the first 75ish picks. They got rid of a guy who had crap work ethic and will replace him with someone who is hungry, is a team guy, and has a motor to go. That's what the dolphins want long term and I am all for that. It will make the entire team better to have a player on the field who doesn't gas or give up on plays. [/COLOR]

I agree with your point there RJ and furthermore with the collection of draft picks that we're presently stocking up on so to speak. Make no mistake, I agree that Vontae at times showed some indiscretions while on this team and visibly even lackluster effort here and there, but despite all of that he will indefinitely be a Top DB in this league and could've been a nice tandem with Sean. However, the points made are valid and irrefutable. The long term outlook is indeed better for us getting somewhat of "value" in trading him to Indy. At any rate, our young DB's will have an opportunity to get solid experience and potentially grow into pretty good players. Particularly Marshall

good to see that this thread keeps bumping up ...dolphins prob wont make any noise this year..ill be happy we get 6 wins js

Back
Top Bottom