Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

I don't see how getting rid of Deng along with Boozer for Gasol make Chicago's chances of a title better. Am I missing something here?

WHOA... I DON'T LIKE THAT AT ALL. I'm not with helping LA get Dwight. Sorry. Not With That.

Honestly....the Bulls NEED another scorer to get past Miami. Rip or no Rip...he's not enough. Boozer is a goddamn joke. Been saying that since he was in Utah.
Gasol would make a ton of sense for Chicago even if it meant parting ways with Deng.

I don't see how getting rid of Deng along with Boozer for Gasol make Chicago's chances of a title better. Am I missing something here?

The only REAL loss in that trade is Deng. Great perimeter defender who can get his at times. Did anybody see Taj Gibson last night? Carlos would kill to get 4 offensive rebounds in a game, let alone a quarter.

I somewhat agree with that as Deng is playing his best ball ever and it would be hard to replace his production with the guys remaining.
I would do anything to get Boozer off the team, he is the only guy you can call softer than Gasol.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Trading Bynum for a PG and more help wouldn't be too hard.
Kobe + Howard + DWill?
I hope
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Check out the previous pages...There may be something that'll catch your eye
wink.gif
Are you referring to his comment about doing research on big market teams?
It was a sarcastic statement to sooperhooper's terrible "offers". I'm still laughing at it.

Ah I see 
laugh.gif

Yea everyone already did the laughing for me. 

.....even though there is no chance of it happening, id LOVE to see Dwight with the Spurs. and ive always hated the Spurs.

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
As I tweeted yesterday, a big reason DH isn't pushing harder for a deal right now is that he doesn't want his new team gutted.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.....even though there is no chance of it happening, id LOVE to see Dwight with the Spurs. and ive always hated the Spurs.

Hahaha yeah right.  As a Spurs fan all I can hope for is a backup PG and that they get rid off Richard Jefferson.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

I don't really care where Dwight winds up, but I hope it's not the Nets. He will never win a championship in Brooklyn. It would be an utter waste of talent.
Why would you want to see him win a Championship? He's a douche and is showing it more than ever right now.

I don't see how the FO thinks trading away Deng is going to help us...we have to go through the Heat for the next 4 years at least...although no one can stop Bron, Deng does a damn good job making his shots tougher

EGHCK! @ those minus/plus stats for Monta and Steph.

Chi want Paussy cat now?
laugh.gif

If only Melo was as considerate as Dwight is.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

As I tweeted yesterday, a big reason DH isn't pushing harder for a deal right now is that he doesn't want his new team gutted.

This is how stupid he is. What does he expect? You go to NJ and it's you and DWILL. You go to LA, it's you, Kobe, and Steve Blake. Your the best Center on the planet, you think you are going for peanuts?

Just going to throw it out there, but most of you are right about the Dwight/Nets stuff. Although I do feel he will be here one way or another, This season I have just gotten this vibe from the franchise that they are not trying to get Dwight to win titles. It is just to try (which will never happen due to tourists) to stick it to the Knicks and make money. Even from their methods of selling me tickets for Brooklyn

I just see a different scenario with this. This franchise could not sell out playoff games when they were the top team in the east. They only sold out their first finals cause they had the Lakers coming out of the west. You could go to Izod/Continental whatever they want to call it next and get tickets to game 3 vs the spurs in any location. They want to be able to say with a new arena and these two guys that they are at a near sellout when they vs the Bobcats.

Sure they will try to build a winner but In my heart of hearts, I just have this feeling that $$$$$$$ is the main reason behind this. Yeah Deron is competitive I get that, but he has been in the limelight more in 1 year than he has in entire NBA career. Dwight is talking sneaker contracts and endorsements. The Nets are trying to build a business overall. not a franchise in my mind.

Originally Posted by rashi

This is how stupid he is. What does he expect? You go to NJ and it's you and DWILL. You go to LA, it's you, Kobe, and Steve Blake. Your the best Center on the planet, you think you are going for peanuts?

my thoughts as well, he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

regarding that pau trade to the bulls i'm against it. I don't want Pau traded,  either Bynum for Dwight or nothing else and Dwight better sign that extension before the trade is made, no verbal commitements or none of that from that damn flip flopper.

Originally Posted by rashi

Wait what don't you understand? He's not pushing for a trade so the team he wants to go to doesn't get gutted. So if it's the Nets they keep w/e good pieces they have (that's only Brooks and Lopez imo, guys you can use in a trade for somebody else). He has all the leverage. He can lie and say there's a possibility of him staying just so he can walk at the end of the season. Otis doesn't believe him and he can try and trade him but Dwight will just say he won't extend and then the only options are teams willing to rent deluded thinking they can convince him to stay.

Originally Posted by AG 47

The only REAL loss in that trade is Deng. Great perimeter defender who can get his at times. Did anybody see Taj Gibson last night? Carlos would kill to get 4 offensive rebounds in a game, let alone a quarter.

Exactly... The production doesn't match up at all. Not to mention out of all of the teams in that proposed trade the team that needs it the least is the team that ends up with the least amount of production. 

If they want to do it like this: Chicago - Gasol, LAL - Dwight,  Orl - Bynum, Boozer, & 1st then that's doable.... I can live with that.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Hahaha yeah right.  As a Spurs fan all I can hope for is a backup PG and that they get rid off Richard Jefferson.
it just seems... right...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Anyone think Magic cave and Warriors or Rockets rent him? Both seem more than willing.....
nerd.gif
Yea, can't wait for the Rocket new starting 5:
Dwight Howard, Kyle Lowry, dog, cat, shoe

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Anyone think Magic cave and Warriors or Rockets rent him? Both seem more than willing.....
nerd.gif
Yea, can't wait for the Rocket new starting 5:
Dwight Howard, Kyle Lowry, dog, cat, shoe
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I can't for the life of me figure out why the Rockets want to do that... He won't stay there. He doesn't make them a title contender. Stupid.

Just made up this trade:

LAKERS GET:

Jameer Nelson
Hedo Turkoglu
JJ Redick

CELTICS GET:

Pau Gasol

MAGIC GET:

Rajon Rondo.

Magic get a player to pair with Dwight

Lakers finally trade Gasol, and get their PG they are looking for

Celtics make the rumors true and acquire Pau.

Back
Top Bottom