View from the field pregame

2011-09-18_11-21-29_95.jpg

View from the press box:

2011-09-18_13-25-53_818.jpg

Free food 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2011-09-18_14-49-17_963.jpg

We need this game. We play well against good teams, then turn around and lose to horrible teams

We need this game. We play well against good teams, then turn around and lose to horrible teams

Our team is still being held back by Alex Smith. Yes, he is playing better. But Harbaugh is asking him to do so little, that I have no doubt in my mind that almost any starting QB in the NFL can do what he is doing.

Harbaugh is putting Alex in position to not f*** it up, which is more than other coaches have done. But that isnt enough to win in this league. How many other coaches wouldnt have accepted the penalty giving them 1st and 10 from the 22, versus 3 points? How many other coaches wouldnt attempt to get in field goal range with 1:50 left in the half, needing only 30 or so yards? How many other coaches would have their QB attempt only 6 passes in the second half of a football game?

I think Harbaugh is doing the right thing because if he does open it up for Alex, chances are he will fail like he has for 6 years. But this conservative, keep Alex in a place where he can succeed thing, will not win football games against any team that doesnt suck.

We need a real QB.

Our team is still being held back by Alex Smith. Yes, he is playing better. But Harbaugh is asking him to do so little, that I have no doubt in my mind that almost any starting QB in the NFL can do what he is doing.

Harbaugh is putting Alex in position to not f*** it up, which is more than other coaches have done. But that isnt enough to win in this league. How many other coaches wouldnt have accepted the penalty giving them 1st and 10 from the 22, versus 3 points? How many other coaches wouldnt attempt to get in field goal range with 1:50 left in the half, needing only 30 or so yards? How many other coaches would have their QB attempt only 6 passes in the second half of a football game?

I think Harbaugh is doing the right thing because if he does open it up for Alex, chances are he will fail like he has for 6 years. But this conservative, keep Alex in a place where he can succeed thing, will not win football games against any team that doesnt suck.

We need a real QB.

After watching a replay of the game from Sunday on the NFL network last night we should have accepted the penalty after the field goal in the 4th quarter and either gotten closer down the field for a field goal or we might have even possibly gotten a touchdown which would have put more pressure on the Cowboys.  Oh well, lessons learned.

How many other coaches would have their QB attempt only 6 passes in the second half of a football game?

Excellent point.

After watching a replay of the game from Sunday on the NFL network last night we should have accepted the penalty after the field goal in the 4th quarter and either gotten closer down the field for a field goal or we might have even possibly gotten a touchdown which would have put more pressure on the Cowboys.  Oh well, lessons learned.

How many other coaches would have their QB attempt only 6 passes in the second half of a football game?

Excellent point.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Yea I was questioning that decision also, 1st and 10 on their 22, give to Gore 3 straight times and take 3-4 mins off the clock if your concerned about TOs.  The 15 yards added to the kickoff was BS since they all go past the end zone anyways.  However they still didnt get their jobs done by not scoring on offense when they got the ball back, and the defense failed by letting them score again, so cant blame it all on this one decision.

Excellent point.

Thats not the real number he dropped back to pass, 6 is the only times he threw, he dropped back more times than that, around 12-14 times which resulted in the sacks or QB scrambles when no one was open.  Low number also considering the quick TD pass and quick INT. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Yea I was questioning that decision also, 1st and 10 on their 22, give to Gore 3 straight times and take 3-4 mins off the clock if your concerned about TOs.  The 15 yards added to the kickoff was BS since they all go past the end zone anyways.  However they still didnt get their jobs done by not scoring on offense when they got the ball back, and the defense failed by letting them score again, so cant blame it all on this one decision.

Excellent point.

Thats not the real number he dropped back to pass, 6 is the only times he threw, he dropped back more times than that, around 12-14 times which resulted in the sacks or QB scrambles when no one was open.  Low number also considering the quick TD pass and quick INT. 

it's really a catch-22 when dealing with Alex.

don't open up the playbook = Alex playing safe = 49ers losing = Smith is garbage

open up the playbook = asking Alex to play QB = 49ers losing = Smith is garbage

which goes without saying, there needs to be more Vernon Davis in this offense. I know VD is pissed that he was Singletaried and asked to power block almost all game-- but he's gonna say all the politically correct/diplomatic things about it.

it's really a catch-22 when dealing with Alex.

don't open up the playbook = Alex playing safe = 49ers losing = Smith is garbage

open up the playbook = asking Alex to play QB = 49ers losing = Smith is garbage

which goes without saying, there needs to be more Vernon Davis in this offense. I know VD is pissed that he was Singletaried and asked to power block almost all game-- but he's gonna say all the politically correct/diplomatic things about it.

our biggest offseason pick up of course is out. great! does anyone have an idea when he'll be back?

now i hope this means more touches for mr. davis.

our biggest offseason pick up of course is out. great! does anyone have an idea when he'll be back?

now i hope this means more touches for mr. davis.

Back
Top Bottom