Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by dland24

Today was supposed to be the best day ever.
smile.gif

Came here to say this... hurts seeing me girl in her pats gearWe had a really good chamce against the pats also... Well next year Peyton will be even more determined to dethrone the both of the QB's

For those (including me) who were hoping for manning to the 9ers

byline_matt_maiocco2.png

On Saturday, 49ers quarterback Alex Smith went on stage to accept the award for NFL Coach of the Year on behalf of Jim Harbaugh.

The two men played golf together on Tuesday at Pepple Beach as part of a five-hole 49ers vs. San Francisco Giants charity shootout. And on Thursday, Smith will serve as Harbaugh's caddie on the first day of the AT&T National Pro-Am.

Smith is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason, but it appears highly unlikely that he'll still be available to the other 31 teams in the league when the free-agent signing period opens March 13.
http://Harbaugh has made it clear he wants Smith re-signed, and he said Tuesday on "Chronicle Live" that the 49ers' decision-makers are in agreement that Smith is needed back.

"We're all in lockstep as an organization that Alex Smith is our guy. It's well-documented. You saw the way he played this year," Harbaugh told host Jim Kozimor. "(He is a) tremendous leader on our football team.

"There's Alex and there are other guys, too, that are high priorities. We want our guys. There are guys who play like 49ers, and what they do is they play their hearts out for our team. So Alex and others, (it's) going to be a high-priority to get those guys signed."

Read more: Harbaugh: Unanimous within 49ers that Smith is 'our guy'
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

it aint gonna happen
tired.gif

For those (including me) who were hoping for manning to the 9ers

byline_matt_maiocco2.png

On Saturday, 49ers quarterback Alex Smith went on stage to accept the award for NFL Coach of the Year on behalf of Jim Harbaugh.

The two men played golf together on Tuesday at Pepple Beach as part of a five-hole 49ers vs. San Francisco Giants charity shootout. And on Thursday, Smith will serve as Harbaugh's caddie on the first day of the AT&T National Pro-Am.

Smith is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason, but it appears highly unlikely that he'll still be available to the other 31 teams in the league when the free-agent signing period opens March 13.
http://Harbaugh has made it clear he wants Smith re-signed, and he said Tuesday on "Chronicle Live" that the 49ers' decision-makers are in agreement that Smith is needed back.

"We're all in lockstep as an organization that Alex Smith is our guy. It's well-documented. You saw the way he played this year," Harbaugh told host Jim Kozimor. "(He is a) tremendous leader on our football team.

"There's Alex and there are other guys, too, that are high priorities. We want our guys. There are guys who play like 49ers, and what they do is they play their hearts out for our team. So Alex and others, (it's) going to be a high-priority to get those guys signed."

Read more: Harbaugh: Unanimous within 49ers that Smith is 'our guy'
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

it aint gonna happen
tired.gif

I've been critical of Alex. After going 1/13 in the 3rd down conversions was just a constant reminder why I've continued to be critical of him but I trust Harbaugh's judgment. I would love for us to go 100% for Peyton although if it's not what Jim wants then I have to support that. 

I've been critical of Alex. After going 1/13 in the 3rd down conversions was just a constant reminder why I've continued to be critical of him but I trust Harbaugh's judgment. I would love for us to go 100% for Peyton although if it's not what Jim wants then I have to support that. 

The 3rd down completion rate is/was terrible. However, can we get some decent WRs to put out there too?

I'm not making excuses, but besides Vernon, no one else can get open.

The 3rd down completion rate is/was terrible. However, can we get some decent WRs to put out there too?

I'm not making excuses, but besides Vernon, no one else can get open.

Manning isn't released, so he's not out of the question yet

there's no possible way jim harbuagh, if he was given the option, would pick alex smith over peyton manning

+ the coach doesn't have final say who gets signed

we'll see next month how it unfolds

Manning isn't released, so he's not out of the question yet

there's no possible way jim harbuagh, if he was given the option, would pick alex smith over peyton manning

+ the coach doesn't have final say who gets signed

we'll see next month how it unfolds

Originally Posted by glasses

Well he definitely came out and said that they have no plans on pursuing Peyton that Alex is their guy and he's earned that right through his play and leadership.  They're firm in their stance that he's their QB for the future...

WHICH IS *%$%!*+ STUPID
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by glasses

Well he definitely came out and said that they have no plans on pursuing Peyton that Alex is their guy and he's earned that right through his play and leadership.  They're firm in their stance that he's their QB for the future...

WHICH IS *%$%!*+ STUPID
30t6p3b.gif

Let's be realistic fellas, David Akers can't carry us to a Super Bowl or even that far into the playoffs.  We need a quarterback that can score touchdowns and keep the opposing offense off the field by moving the ball and Alex Smith is NOT that guy.  He had a good/decent season for us but what are the odds of that happening again.  As a team, we OWE it to our defense to go out and keep an elite quarterback if we can.

Let's be realistic fellas, David Akers can't carry us to a Super Bowl or even that far into the playoffs.  We need a quarterback that can score touchdowns and keep the opposing offense off the field by moving the ball and Alex Smith is NOT that guy.  He had a good/decent season for us but what are the odds of that happening again.  As a team, we OWE it to our defense to go out and keep an elite quarterback if we can.

Everyone knows my opinion of Peyton Manning.

Bottom line is, if he becomes a free agent and we DONT sign him, the reason better be "Peyton Manning _______" not "Alex Smith ______."

Everyone knows my opinion of Peyton Manning.

Bottom line is, if he becomes a free agent and we DONT sign him, the reason better be "Peyton Manning _______" not "Alex Smith ______."

Back
Top Bottom