Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, Rosado does indeed have a chance, his last 3 fights he's won by TKO.

But if I had to pick who was going to pull the upset, it would be Salido.

I'll go more into depth later... :lol:

I mean of course they both have "a chance," :lol:

I don't know, I feel like both Mikey and GGG are locks this weekend. I watched all of GGG's fights about two months ago that I could find, I just love the man's approach too much to see him lose this weekend.

It's expected, but not announced.

I personally think Canelo NEEDS to dodge Austin Trout if he wants to fight Mayweather. I wouldn't want any of Austin Trout if I were Canelo. If there's one guy that I can see Trout losing it, it's Mayweather, not Canelo.

It should be announced some time next week. Floyd likes to use Super Bowl week and all star weekend to promote his may fights. So only make senses for next week

Canelo needs to fight someone who's not a tomato can, and not a threat either i.e. Lara, Trout. Maybe Angulo?

Last edited:
if your his team and a fight with floyd is a lock for september do you let him right trout on may 4th? you dont risk ******g up your money

Canelo could fight Trout and lose to him but still get a shot at Mayweather because Floyd knows Canelo is a big draw for him. Zab lost to Baldomir and still got a shot at Floyd.

Canelo could fight Trout and lose to him but still get a shot at Mayweather because Floyd knows Canelo is a big draw for him. Zab lost to Baldomir and still got a shot at Floyd.

That was way before Floyd was getting 8 figure paydays. Plus that was an interesting match as far as styles. People are still suspect about Canelo because the best opponent he's faced is Oldsley. He still might be a big draw after losing to Trout. But why risk fighting a dangerous opponent now?

GBP better step it up making garbage fights Malignaggi vs Mosley and Hopkins vs Cloud in the Barclay Center. Idk why would Showtime even buy this lol.

Excited finally boxing this weekend.

I don't even think Martinez got this much hype after he knocked out Paul Williams.

Martinez wasn't 30 years old when he knocked out Paul Williams, nor was he undefeated. We all know Sergio has a questionable chin, and that's what makes him so exciting.

GGG is undefeated with 24 wins, 21 by knockout. He seems to have a solid chin, an even more solid arsenal of punches.

When I watched a ton of GGG's fights when he first hit the scene, I saw him take some pretty good shots, not really from anyone too big, but he walked RIGHT through them. He's not like your Canelo Alvarez-type where his defense is poor, either.

Last edited:
I don't even think Martinez got this much hype after he knocked out Paul Williams.

Martinez wasn't 30 years old when he knocked out Paul Williams, nor was he undefeated. We all know Sergio has a questionable chin, and that's what makes him so exciting.

GGG is undefeated with 24 wins, 21 by knockout. He seems to have a solid chin, an even more solid arsenal of punches.

When I watched a ton of GGG's fights when he first hit the scene, I saw him take some pretty good shots, not really from anyone too big, but he walked RIGHT through them. He's not like your Canelo Alvarez-type where his defense is poor, either.

He knocked out Proksa, and now he's on top of the world. He's on the right path but still has a lot to prove before he deserves that distinction.

He knocked out Proksa, and now he's on top of the world. He's on the right path but still has a lot to prove before he deserves that distinction.

When I said on top of the world, I didn't literally mean that. I'm talking figuratively, :lol: . He FEELS as if he's on top of the world, because he's the best new thing about boxing in 2012.

When I said on top of the world, I didn't literally mean that. I'm talking figuratively, :lol: . He FEELS as if he's on top of the world, because he's the best new thing about boxing in 2012.

That was actually what I gathered from all the praise he's getting. The way I perceive him is how some people thought of Canelo 1-2 years ago.

That was actually what I gathered from all the praise he's getting. The way I perceive him is how some people thought of Canelo 1-2 years ago.

I never bought into the Canelo hype, personally. He just seems far too bland, and nothing stands out. He's not an excellent boxer, he's shown you can hit him, and there's not much that thrills me about him.

^It's mostly his age and how he's self made, you can argue at 22 his resume is better than 30 year old Golovkin

Last edited:
^It's mostly his age and how he's self made, you can argue at 22 his resume is better than 30 year old Golovkin

Sure, that may be true, but it's a lot easier for a guy out in Mexico to make it big than it is a no-name out of Kazakhstan.

I'm not trying to make a case that Canelo is inferior to GGG, I just see more in Golovkin. Yeah, Canelo is young and will be around for a long time to come, and he will probably have the better career, but I just don't buy into Canelo right now.

If he comes through and fights Trout in May and then Mayweather in September, he very well may have two losses on that young record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom