Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Most frustrating/disappointing season I've been alive for. This team sucks on all sides of the ball. Hopefully this roster looks almost completely different next year or we're screwed.

Lucked into some tickets. Great turnout but way too many Dallas fans diluting the crowd. Wanted this one for Fletch...

Garcon is nasty. Proving his worth every week. If only we would utilize him as a verticle threat more...

Yea today this terrible season is finally over!

Hopefully we make smart moves this offseason. And we can some how getsime good players where we need them.

Glad the misery is over...haven't watched this few games in recent memory. I literally sat through 2 games all year for the most part....glad its over

oh yeah....you are welcome St. Louis :lol: enjoy bridgewater or clowny

This season sucked. Out of everyone how on earth did trent get in the pro bowl and not Pierre? Hope trent is coherent enough to play this time.

I think we should give chudzynski a shot. Browns traded away their best player and before hoyer went out they looked like they were gonna win the afc north. If not go all out for gruden or cowher

With Shanahan officially out the door, I'm glad we can at least look towards the future. No more of the drama, leaked reports, etc etc. Now we can focus on bringing in a coaching staff that will win some games.

Would rather a defensive minded HC. Defense wins championships. Less concerned about our ability offensively but we do need to get that line addressed.

Biggest thing for me is getting that cap money back to fix this abysmal defense. Hopefully we can find some value pieces for the O-line and a big body WR2 to take some pressure off Garcon.

Can't wait to see what a healthy, and humbled, RG3 can do in year 3. HTTR.. and of course Cowboys suck

Do whatever you can to hire Hue Jackson.
He is a winner.
He had us playing good football with mediocre Jason Campbell nonetheless.
He had McFadden headed to the pro-bowl (till he got hurt)
Out defense was bad because Al Davis picked the staff and got his friend Breshnahan to call the D.
Hue Jackson will do wonders with RGIII
Only reason he got fired was because our GM wanted to pick his own guy (moron) and Hue threw the players under the bus after they lost our last game. The players deserved it...he had been taking the blame all year for the defensive let downs. If he would have been given one more year and allowed to pick his coaches we would be in the playoffs.

P.S MeAngelo Hall sucks.

Reports are out that we're looking to interview the Panthers DC for the head coaching spot. I'd be down with Hue Jackson as well though.

Beyond disgusted that stl gets our pick this year.

Word to NT censoring the Washington ********

Reports are out that we're looking to interview the Panthers DC for the head coaching spot. I'd be down with Hue Jackson as well though.

If you want fireworks go with Hue. He is the next great coach. Dude had never head coached at any level and took us to an 8-8 record. Screen passes, the option, reversals, mcfadden throwing, mcfadden playing the slot...etc etc.

Trust me

http://stripehype.com/2014/01/06/dolphins-fire-mike-sherman-hue-jackson-option/

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/1/6...tiple-assistant-coaches-if-mike-zimmer-leaves

NFL.Com
"...Then there is Jackson, who went 8-8 in 2011, his lone season as the Oakland Raiders' coach, before getting fired by owner Mark Davis. In retrospect, Jackson's performance in taking the Raiders to the brink of their first AFC West title (and playoff berth) since 2002 -- despite challenges such as owner Al Davis' death and season-ending injuries to quarterback Jason Campbell and running back Darren McFadden -- looks downright brilliant. His replacement, Dennis Allen, has won eight games in two seasons, losing 24, and reportedly will meet with Mark Davis on Monday to determine whether he returns for a third campaign.

Yet Jackson, the Bengals' running backs coach and special assistant to head coach Marvin Lewis, is routinely lampooned as a possible coaching candidate by fans and media members, as if his prowess as an offensive strategist was not well-documented, or his perceived coaching missteps were anywhere approaching those of McDaniels or Jackson's predecessor in Oakland, Tom Cable (whose name still gets thrown out liberally). Cable did manage to finish 8-8 in his final season -- after Jackson, brought in by Al Davis to run the offense, took the Raiders from 31st to 10th in the league rankings and more than doubled their point total from the previous year.

When Davis fired Cable, the owner cited the embarrassment the coach had caused the franchise via his "accidental" breaking of ex-Oakland assistant Randy Hanson's jaw and subsequent allegations of domestic abuse. Now compare those blights on Cable's record to the oft-cited complaints about Jackson, and tell me which man is more worthy of a second look.

First, though Jackson is routinely blamed for the Raiders' much-maligned trade for quarterback Carson Palmer, I've argued that the move wasn't nearly as ruinous as is commonly perceived, and that even if it were, it would merely reflect Jackson's shortcomings as a general manager candidate, not as a head coach.

Secondly, that Jackson came off as brash and power-hungry in several press conferences late in the 2011 season -- something he has since said he regretted -- was hardly a cataclysmic act. Compared to, say, Rex Ryan at his boldest, Jackson's words were relatively tame. The man was frustrated in the midst of a late-season slump that would surprisingly cost him his job; hey, at least we know he cared.

If Jackson's supposed failings are somehow perceived by NFL owners and general managers as more significant than those displayed by McDaniels in Denver, I can't help but wonder if race is playing a role. When I write and speak about the challenges faced by minority coaching candidates -- and this is an issue I've been harping upon for a long, long time -- I'm not trying to launch some bleeding-hearted social crusade in the name of affirmative action. Rather, I'm expressing an undercurrent of frustration rampant in NFL circles among African-American coaches and, yes, many of their white counterparts, a sense that, while progress obviously has been made, a different set of rules tends to apply to otherwise comparable candidates.

That the Bucs seemingly regarded Smith the way the Chiefs viewed Reid a year ago is a highly promising sign. In the coming weeks, if Caldwell and Jackson can get at least a level playing field when being judged against checkered candidates like McDaniels, we can hail that as further progress, not to mention a win for rational thought."
Follow Michael Silver on Twitter @MikeSilver.

Last edited:
Who aren't the skins interviewing? 
laugh.gif

Jay Gruden aye......not sure how i feel about this. The bengals had a decent offense this year i guess

Last edited:
Jay Gruden aye......not sure how i feel about this. The bengals had a decent offense this year i guess

Dalton set the franchise record in almost all passing categories and jay knew how to use Bernard out the back field. If he gets some decent guys coaching the d an Danny boy ends up in a coma things may look bright

Dalton set the franchise record in almost all passing categories and jay knew how to use Bernard out the back field. If he gets some decent guys coaching the d an Danny boy ends up in a coma things may look bright

:lol:

We need another WR. They had AJ, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Gresham, Gio, BJGE. I honestly believe Garcon can be a top 10 nfl WR but we need more options

How is Jim Haslett still employed? Snyder, please can his sorry *** and hire Wade Phillips or Ray Horton.

Slim to none chance we get Benjamin. If I were the gm, I would look for wr in free agency there's a lot of serviceable guys out there this offseason. We had the smallest oline and worst def in the league.

Hopefully there's a big tackle or guard available in the second but if not I would jump at the chance to draft Kyle van noy from byu. The best MLB in college since kuechly. Dude was top 10 in tackles and tackles for loss in the nation as a mike. And after this season London's nowhere near the guy he used to be. Can't run sideline to sideline anymore.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10391225/kirk-cousins-open-being-traded-washington-********

Really don't know how to feel about this. I feel like Kirk wasn't given a fair shot to play, when he should've started the first few games as ACL boy sits out. When he did play, he didn't help his draft stock go any higher. I thought Kirk really did well towards the end of the 12-13 season. If we do end up trading him, I really want a second round pick, or at least a package of a third and a seventh round pick.

Fred Fred Fred... This _____ done lost his mind. Can care less though, Reed proved more in a few games as a rookie than Davis did in multiple seasons.

Back
Top Bottom