OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

So I decided I'm gonna keep Jeremy Hill in my keeper league, I'd be losing a 9th round pick. So I was thinking of going with two elite WR's with my first two picks and QB and RB right after.

Its a strategy I could see working out in my favor, what do you guys think?

Hill will be a good keep, Cincy likes him, is going to use him more and he finished strong last year. His style is better suited for the division

Anyone ever do a draft at Dave & Buster's? I'm the commissioner of a league and thinking of doing it there this year.

Anyone ever do a draft at Dave & Buster's? I'm the commissioner of a league and thinking of doing it there this year.
Never did one at D&B but one of my leagues does it at another huge sports bar here in Philly (Chickie's & Pete's) and it's great. You get your own private room, open bar, all you can eat pizza/wings/fries/mussels/snow crab legs for around $80 including tip. If D&B is anything like that I'd definitely recommend it. A lot more fun than drafting at someone's house or wherever you normally do it.

Any of you guys high on DGB this season? He's someone I could see having a good first year if he stays out of trouble.

been targeting Davante Adams/Jarvis Landry in round 10...need one of them on my team

Any of you guys high on DGB this season? He's someone I could see having a good first year if he stays out of trouble.
not really. He just has size as a plus right now. Even back at Mizzou, his routes left a lot to be desired. He hasn't played for over a year either. 

Last year was sort of an aberration with all of the rookie WRs putting up numbers but I do like some of them this year. I'm not too high on DGB though. Maybe as a super late round flier.

been targeting Davante Adams/Jarvis Landry in round 10...need one of them on my team
I like both of them too. They could turn out to be really good steals in the 10th. I like Juice moreso in PPR though. Low yards but high catch total with an occasional TD.

i need yeldon and abdullah as my rb 3 and rb 4
Love me some rookie RBs :pimp:. Usually low risk-high reward.

Never did one at D&B but one of my leagues does it at another huge sports bar here in Philly (Chickie's & Pete's) and it's great. You get your own private room, open bar, all you can eat pizza/wings/fries/mussels/snow crab legs for around $80 including tip. If D&B is anything like that I'd definitely recommend it. A lot more fun than drafting at someone's house or wherever you normally do it.

D&B has a similar set up, but it's $25 per person. I decided to go ahead and book it as everyone was down for it. As commissioner, I'm actually putting in $15 for everyone so they only have to put in $10.

Also, my league just jumped up to a 12 team league. Do any of y'all run in leagues that size or do you stick with 10?

I did some mock drafts and it looks a little :x by the 11th and 12th rounds. We haven't determined draft order, but my strategy may have to change up a little bit.

At the 7 spot, I ended up with a team looking like this:

QB: Romo
RB1: Hill
RB2: Hyde
WR1: Brown
WR2: Cooks
TE: Witten
FLEX: Cooper
D/ST: Vikings
K: Sturgis

Bench:
QB2: Tannehill
RB3: McFadden
RB4: Abdullah
RB5: Daniel Herron
WR4: Landry
WR5: Boldin :x :smh:
TE2: Owen Daniels :smh: :x

Last edited:
^ Yeah $25 is a steal. I might have to look into that for the league I commish since there's a D&B by me too.

Most of the leagues I'm in are 12 teams but the one I commish is 10. The only real difference in a 12 teamer imo is the lack of bench depth and waiver wire options.

12 team the past two years. I like it. 10 can be too stacked 12 is just enough that skill takes over rather than luck/chalk.

thoguhts on Latavius Murray?

Overrated commodity.

I rather use a late round pick on Helu who is a much more proven.

People make a huge deal about Murray's 4 touch monster game but forget Helu had 3 100 yard carry games and 1 100 yard receiving game during his rookie year.

And has been one of the best change of pace guys in the league since.

I'm not a big buyer on any Oakland commodity not named Amari Cooper, really I'd rather stay away completely.

But if I did want to grab an Oakland back, it would be Helu. Especially in PPR.

Last edited:
Heathen's sleepers (competitive 12-14 teamers).

Stevie Johnson, I like him to outproduce Malcolm Floyd and maybe even Keenan Allen.

James White, I expect him to beat out Cadet for the receiving back role, I like him as a nice PPR late-round pick.

Roy Helu, as stated above, I think he's the best back Oakland has, lovely late round PPR asset. RB3/Flex value.

Devin Funchess, Big rangy target, not unlike Kelvin. And not unlike Kelvin he's very raw. That said I expect Kelvin to regress a little and Funchess to have some success in the endzone as a big TD target. Obviously Kelvin is still a nice WR2 to own but I like Funchess as a deep-league receiver with some upside.

Phillip Dorsett, projects as the starting slot receiver in a crowded Indy offense. Still I like his talent and think he'll be the guy to own over Moncrief if you're looking for a late round lotto ticket in a potent offense. Deep-league appeal here.

Cameron Artis-Payne, projects as J-Stew's backup in Carolina, starting to get drafted in most mocks so his sleeper appeal may all but evaporate by late August.

Hey guys,

This board helped me finish no later than semifinals in a lot of my fantasy leagues this past year... I thinking bout following a new pattern in all of my keeper leagues this year...

I was thinking of keeping my QB's which are Rodgers, Wilson and Luck respectively and draft according to best player available...

If I draft early like 1-6, i'd draft Stud RB, Stud WR, then best available going forward.

If I draft late like 7-12, I'd draft 2 Stud WR's, then best available RB's going forward.

How do you think my strategy would work????

I've missed you so much

<3

Cristiano-Ronaldo-Preparing-for-Free-Kick.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom