OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

After rounds 1/2, I'm not taking another WR until the 5th round at the earliest.

Anyone think automatically taking RB's with the first 5 picks is outdated?

That draft technique worked better in the early 2000's when teams ran 1 RB in to the ground. Lately the top 3 FF QB's score around 70+ points more than the top 3 RB's

I've been trying to figure out why FF draft experts would tell someone to draft Eddy Lacy before Aaron Rodgers.

Anyone think automatically taking RB's with the first 5 picks is outdated?

That draft technique worked better in the early 2000's when teams ran 1 RB in to the ground. Lately the top 3 FF QB's score around 70+ points more than the top 3 RB's

I've been trying to figure out why FF draft experts would tell someone to draft Eddy Lacy before Aaron Rodgers.
Look at the difference per game between Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger/Ryan Tannehill last year and then look at the difference between Eddie Lacy and a guy like Jonathan Stewart.

In fact, I'll do it for you, stats from 2014...

Lacy 13.5 PPG

Jonathan Stewart 6.8 PPG

Rodgers 21.3 PPG

Roethlisberger 18.4 PPG

Tannehill 16.6 PPG

My point is...you can always find a solid QB in rounds 6-10. Solid RBs in those rounds? Good luck. Gotta get them while you can.

what draft spot would y'all want this year?

i personally want a top 4 so i can take one of the top RB's...in almost every mock i've done i've ended up with Charles/Lacy, Julio/Calvin/Jordy, & Jeremy Hill in the first 3 rounds

What is with the Bridgewater hype?

He is not even on my radar
ADP value. I can build my entire team and fill out my bench decently before he gets drafted. Let's me build a really balanced squad and his drop off isn't dramatic enough to be a liability.

Last edited:

i personally want a top 4 so i can take one of the top RB's...in almost every mock i've done i've ended up with Charles/Lacy, Julio/Calvin/Jordy, & Jeremy Hill in the first 3 rounds
I'd take 5th every year.

8-12 for me. Wouldn't mind top 5.

Keep: Demarco Murray at Round 2 or Odell at Round 9? PPR league
OBJ, without question. Both are top-15 fantasy commodities heading into the '15 season, but the 7-round difference is the deal breaker for me.

Thoughts on TJ Yeldon?
He's looking like a top-50 fantasy player this season, the only issue as always with the Jags is how much they run the ball facing sizable deficits.

In that same RB range, I would look heavily at Gurley, Randle, Tevin Coleman, Ellington, and Spiller.

So I decided I'm gonna keep Jeremy Hill in my keeper league, I'd be losing a 9th round pick.

So I was thinking of going with two elite WR's with my first two picks and QB and RB right after.
Steal. Top-25 fantasy player with only a Round 9 penalty. That locks up your RB1 position comfortably.

Ideally, which RB2 would you target in Round 4 (based on your draft scenario)?

Any of you guys high on DGB this season?
I'm not even looking at DGB inside the top-150. I much prefer Ty Lockett or Phillip Dorsett in the similar range.

thoguhts on Latavius Murray?
Has a chance to be a top-20 fantasy back this year. Less upside than a Gurley within the same draft slot.

haven't seen you around in awhile, how ya been?
Work and travel. Been fortunate to visit Ocean City, Maryland and Atlantic City quite recently.

What's up on your end?

Hey guys,
I was thinking of keeping my QB's which are Rodgers, Wilson and Luck respectively and draft according to best player available...
Rodgers and Luck being kept makes ton of sense, they're going to be the top-2 fantasy QB's this year.

Wilson's potential production causes more discussion. Some see him within the top-4 at his position, which is lofty even with the additions of Lockett and Jimmy.

CCT dropped some gems for me last season
Always look out for NT.

Champ is a perennial Fantasy Football Thread MVP.
You as well, brotha. What's the move for draft day?

I've missed you so much
Man, what's good with your HC and DMC?

I'm currently thinking Brandin Cooks (lose 10th rd pick) and Jeremy Hill (lose 13th rd pick). I really wanna keep Travis Kelce, losing my 17th round pick, but I can't keep both him and Hill.
Hill is a must-keep. He's a RB1 and surefire top-25 fantasy player.

Cooks over Kelce for your second keeper, who is top-40 on my general board. Despite the fact Kelce will likely have a top-5 year at his position.

Can we get a legit money league going this year?
In.

I'm gonna keep tabs on D. Freeman during camp and pre-season. Is he considered a sleeper?
I always say, Lil' Ray Rice.

Champs back :smokin

Folks are still waiting for you to post your epic food pics last few months in the Food thread. :nerd:

Last edited:
What QB's are good after Luck, Rodgers, and Wilson?

Manning and Brees should be ok I guess

I was thinking maybe Big Ben?

I'm fine with Ben, Stafford, Ryan, Tanny, Bridgewater, Romo, and even Rivers. But only because I'm not taking a QB until the earliest round 7.

Last edited:
So who's going to start the NTFF Official Podcast or blog :nerd:

I need information streamed to me weekly :lol:

Back
Top Bottom