Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

How many PPV buys do you guys think it would do? 1-1.25M?  They got a summer to promote it but going up against the late CFB games could hurt it a bit.

As much as I want to see them fight, I don't think it'll do better than Canelo/Cotto and that was supposedly around 900k, right? CFB won't matter. The people who know about the fight will watch it.

90/10? LOL.

And Canelo didn't feel his power sparring, right?

They're trying to force GGG to turn the fight down so the WBC sides with Canelo and lets him do whatever. The WBC already proved they've got his donger so far down their throats with allowing the voluntary defenses.

Last edited:
90/10 huh lol. Then there are people who say Golovkin hasn't fought anyone smh. Reading between the lines isn't that hard.

Wasn't too thrilled about Pacquiao Bradley 3 but the undercard is shaping up nice. Valdez vs Gradovich is set, heard they are working on Ali vs Vargas too.

Angel basically making it clear that Danny won't fight anybody worth anything until he's forced to

SAN JUAN - The slightly more than 900,000 subscriptions sold last November 21, look to be the perfect excuse for a second shock, which may entail some adjustments, but with great potential to become a reality in mid-2016.

According to a source of full credit, the talks for a rematch between the reigning middleweight World Boxing Council (WBC), Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and former head of that division, Puerto Rican Miguel Angel Cotto, already started, but not specifically.

The recent decision by the WBC to allow both Alvarez as the titular Kazakh Gennady Golovkin make voluntary defense before going to a title unification clash was according to the informant, the "inescapable" proof that a new multimillion-more attractive in combat economic effects Alvarez -Golovkin for HBO- is already on the table.

Alvarez defeated Cotto by unanimous decision in a hard-fought battle that took place at the Events Center Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas.

The vote gave as victor Mexican cards 119-109, 118-110 and 117-111, was harshly criticized because it is a much more closed than the appreciation of the official fight.

There are even arguments that Cotto is presented as the fighter who landed more punches as opposed to what the printed notes CompuBox statistics.

"It's something that is already talking about," the source said on condition of anonymity. "Alvarez will fight Golovkin not. You're talking about revenge for Cotto and" Canelo '"he said.

It was further indicated that it would be a fight at 154 pounds, but did not specify if he would be wrapped junior vacant Middleweight champion that once belonged to Floyd Mayweather Jr., who just continues as superchampion 154 and 147 pounds World Boxing Association.

Cotto, a five-time world champion and four-time divisional head, traveled to Panama last Sunday to participate in activities related to the Annual Convention of the WBA.

The president of the agency, Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, recently reiterated the readiness of his World Cup being in open the door to a possibility for Cotto holder at 154 pounds, division reigns in the Cuban Erislandy Lara.

This arises as a second option for the Puerto Rican who still has a fight on his contract with the company owned by rapper Jay Z, Roc Sports Nations who signed an agreement that guaranteed three fights and $ 50 million in March.

It was also mentioned that a rematch between Cotto and "Canelo" could be made without a title at stake. This motivated by the recent disagreement between the Puerto Rican and WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman and the latter made him stripped of his crown four days before his defense before the Guadalajara.

The Puerto Rican revealed at that time disagreed to pay a penalty of $ 300,000 to CMB and $ 800,000 to Golovkin as part of a 'step-by-side agreement' so that it could put up a fight last Nov. 21.

Cotto (40-5, 33KO's) and 'Canelo' (1.1.46, 32KO's), and their teams, have constantly reiterated that both fighters will the 160-pound division is large, why they fixed a weight limit of 155 pounds for that fight.

The Puerto Rican, who is one of the top-selling 'pay per view' in the rented boxing is in Panama in the same event that has been there Golovkin.
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/box...n-a-hablar-de-una-revancha-de-cotto-vs-canelo
 BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  3h3 hours ago
Canelo Still Firm on 155-Pounds For Golovkin Showdown http://dlvr.it/DHBYsh  #boxing

Philippe St-Martin ‏@BoxRec_Canada  18h18 hours ago
According to @naaudet_TVA David Lemieux will return to action March 12th in Montreal. It won't be vs Curtis Stevens #boxing
Barrera's been posting these on his twitter 
laugh.gif

:lol:
Anduflas, Brawley CA [via mobile]

How long till the PBC runs out of money? Are they getting any return on thier investment?
Dan Rafael,King Fight Freak (1:24 PM)

I'd say the countdown is on. Just look at the first quarter of this year -- bereft of shows. For a PBC that claimed it would do 90 shows this year that seems a reach when they will go into March having only done about 5-6 total so far with none on Spike or ESPN until at least March and nothing on NBC or NBC Sports Net yet and none announced. To me it's basic math and it has never added up.

:smh:

What happened to the old thread?

Can wait to see the fight tonight. We need a HeavyWeight in the states ....

Angel basically making it clear that Danny won't fight anybody worth anything until he's forced to
LoL ..

I mean Danny has beaten quality opponents ... who do you want him fighting next?

I hope he beats Khans *** again ... 

One dude that I believe he lost to was Herrera .... but that's how boxng goes.

It sounded bad when he started, but Angel cleaned it up a bit.

I've been frustrated by Garcia and his teams decisions. Just Salka and Paulie really. I'd like him in exciting fights. Guerrero may qualify.

But I understand business and I understand that they're playing a LONG game.

Building the brand. Selling clothes. Starting businesses. Filling the bank.

When it comes to my life and my profession, my only responsibility is to my family.

Can't knock them for that. Also can't knock them because.....in reality, Danny has had a tough time with guys he was supposed to beat.

So he still needs work in the gym and in the ring. You have a hard time with Herrera + Peterson, can't really justify jumping into a fight with a savage right after that.

In that respect, they're being smart. If you can't beat the Clippers, you're not supposed to play Golden State in the WC Finals.

I'm sure many won't agree. But I understand.

Showtime is streaming the fight on YouTube tonight. Great move by Showtime. Here's the link for anyone interested:

LoL ..

I mean Danny has beaten quality opponents ... who do you want him fighting next?

I hope he beats Khans *** again ... 

One dude that I believe he lost to was Herrera .... but that's how boxng goes.

He lost to Peterson too. And that Salka **** was just embarrassing, shoulda never been made. Even if you're gonna fight a bum, at least fight a ranked bum in your own weight class :smh:. Like Phil said that Paulie matchup was weak too. And Guerrero fight is so-so because the ghost hasn't looked god in a minute but he's moving up a weight class so I guess he gets a pass on that.

Maybe I was just expecting too much though, because once Danny beat Matthyse I figured he was about to go on a run but he hasn't looked good since except when the comp was wack (Paulie, Salka, and probably this Guerrero fight).

But I agree I would like to see him fight Khan again, or any one of Brook, Thurman, Porter, or even Spence since he's about to be WBC champ now, somebody elite. But from what his pops is saying I got a feeling we're gonna see him vs a couple opponents first, or dudes on the downslide like Guerrero, Devon Alexander, etc.. At least until the WBC makes one of the top guys his mandatory. But we'll see

I need to see this replay ...

I think dude faked that **** in order not to fight anymore ... probably tasted the power and saw dude was turning it on ....

LMAO ....

I don't believe ....

Back
Top Bottom