OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Hey guys can I get some input, I need a spot starter for tonight

Ventura vs MIN
Garcia @ ATL
Severino @ DET
Tillman vs TB

I took Alex Gordon later in my draft, so I'm not necessarily attached to him.
If you're willing to risk, Span could be the play. Potentially more upside offensively. You don't get fantasy points for Gordon's elite defense in LF.

Hey guys can I get some input, I need a spot starter for tonight

Ventura vs MIN
Garcia @ ATL
Severino @ DET
Tillman vs TB
Garcia is my first choice. ATL's offense is batting .190 and has scored only 4 runs in their first two games. He's always been rather productive when healthy. Really like him as a #4 starter in STL this year.

Second-best option is Ventura. Massive strikeout potential, at home, due for a rebound year. Showed flashes in the second half of last season after flirting with a demotion to the minors.

Only catcher on my roster is Kyle Schwarber. Any guys I should look at grabbing in anticipation of him missing a bunch of games?

Last edited:
^ Snag Grandal, he should be back soon. Until then, I'd roll with either Montero, Hundley, or Ianetta (for the time being).
Garcia is my first choice. ATL's offense is batting .190 and has scored only 4 runs in their first two games. He's always been rather productive when healthy. Really like him as a #4 starter in STL this year.

Second-best option is Ventura. Massive strikeout potential, at home, due for a rebound year. Showed flashes in the second half of last season after flirting with a demotion to the minors.
Leaning Garcia as well..ATL is trash and even hotter trash when facing LHP 
laugh.gif

Tillman looked crisp opening day but was shortened by rain. Favorable matchup vs TB, too. Just am weary of him, we know how he gets down 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
stick stick :
Wow, I don't know how all those guys are available but good for you.

In my estimation, Realmuto is the best/safest short-term option to replace Schwarber. Welington Castillo presents the most upside, he could very well surpass the 20 HR barrier in '16. Ramos is good for 15+ homers in his own right, very close with Gomes in terms of catcher rankings. Even Grandal is worth a short-term DL stash.

Only catcher on my roster is Kyle Schwarber. Any guys I should look at grabbing in anticipation of him missing a bunch of games?

Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN)
A lot of concern within the Cubs organization today about Kyle Schwarber's injury, and there is more concern about his knee than his ankle.

I'd grab Realmuto, Castillo, Swihart or McCann (Realmuto first, the rest no real order)

Last edited:
Tillman looked crisp opening day but was shortened by rain. Favorable matchup vs TB, too. Just am weary of him, we know how he gets down :lol:  
Don't get fooled by the 5 Ks in two innings, purely an aberration. I'd be surprised if Tillman keeps his ERA under 4.00 in the AL East this year. He's facing Archer today at Camden, which is a hitter's park even though Tampa's lineup is known to be anemic (despite the addition of Dickerson).

Segura worth picking up?

would be dropping AROD i think.

my SS is Bogaerts so hed be a fill in / utility. 

LeMahieu is available also 

Last edited:
Segura worth picking up?

I like Segura as a player but doubt he maintains this hot start at the dish (him or Ahmed). 3 HR in four games, one of them coming inside-the-park on Schwarber's nasty collision. Would be awfully surprised if Segura hits double-digit homers this year.

I would consider adding LeMahieu for A-Rod. Coors effect and he's been rather consistent the past 3 seasons. Not a ton of pop but I'll take the 60 RBI and 25+ SB.

Don't get fooled by the 5 Ks in two innings, purely an aberration. I'd be surprised if Tillman keeps his ERA under 4.00 in the AL East this year. He's facing Archer today at Camden, which is a hitter's park even though Tampa's lineup is known to be anemic (despite the addition of Dickerson).
I hear ya. Gonna roll with Garcia vs ATL

Hope we get some news on Schwarber here soon

Segura worth picking up?

I like Segura as a player but doubt he maintains this hot start at the dish (him or Ahmed). 3 HR in four games, one of them coming inside-the-park on Schwarber's nasty collision. Would be awfully surprised if Segura hits double-digit homers this year.

I would consider adding LeMahieu for A-Rod. Coors effect and he's been rather consistent the past 3 seasons. Not a ton of pop but I'll take the 60 RBI and 25+ SB.
yea i dunno what to do. i really dont need the power that arod only comes with. plus hes only UT eligible. could use someone who steals bases

yea i dunno what to do. i really dont need the power that arod only comes with. plus hes only UT eligible. could use someone who steals bases
Definitely add LeMahieu if you need SB. He swiped 23 last year and 18 in 2013. He's a top-10 fantasy 2B.

I am getting ZERO help from my lineup right now smh. Pitching keeping me somewhat in it

I am getting ZERO help from my lineup right now smh. Pitching keeping me somewhat in it

Same here. I've never done H2H before so this is frustrating seeing some of my guys go 1/4, 0/3 etc :lol: and have it all add up to such a ****** average.

Got Cole and Iglesias going today, versing one another. Hopefully it's a duel and my pitching regains the lead.

I'm getting cooked right now :lol:. Might be able to push it to 6-6 but I doubt it. Looking like I'll go 4-8 :smh:.

Eugenio Suarez available, should I drop Addison?

Was going to wait til Kang got back but Suarez looking sharp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom