Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's what lopsided means.
laugh.gif

Bud keeps adding to his body count :nthat:
Still not sold on Tank.
Dirrell's team :smh:

Can't wait till next week's bout!

Barley gonna watch starting with tank.

I think if bud moves up, he will only be more technical and more boring. I cut for dude, but i like action :lol:

Last edited:
 Ryan Songalia‏Verified account @ryansongalia  13m13 minutes ago
 WBA president @GilberticoWBA concludes the Murata-N'Dam decision was inappropriate, scores it himself 9-3, orders "direct rematch."

You don't think so?  Porky was made for him to look good, but to get rid of a solid gate keeper that went life and death with DeGale like that is impressive for a kid who is only 20 years old. 

I like his upside more than Zurdo TBH.

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2440871/[/URL]"]

WBA president @GilberticoWBA concludes the Murata-N'Dam decision was inappropriate, scores it himself 9-3, orders "direct rematch."
View media item 2440871
[/quote]

Someone should make a statement about those Barthelemy/Relikh scores :smh:

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2440871/[/URL]"]

View media item 2440871

Someone should make a statement about those Barthelemy/Relikh scores :smh:[/quote]

Maybe I'm having sour grapes, but I believe I should've hit on at least two of these. SMH

View media item 2441066

Yeah def should have lol, that Dirrell fight should've gone to the scorecards IMO. I never wanna see Dirrell fight again after that BS

Dirrell sold the late hit cause he was down on the cards. It was a late hit don't get me wrong, but it was not intentional IMO and just part of his combo. Def wasn't worth getting DQ'd over

Shannon Briggs failed VADA drug testing and his fight is probably gonna be canceled lol

:rofl: :rofl:

Kinda hypocritical of a sanctioning body to come out and make a statement like that. This is nothing new to the sport.
Unfortunately, boxing has been marred with bad officiating for what seems like forever.

Letting the local commissions pick and choose judges, is just flat out bad.
We all know how many palms get greased, and "favors" are repaid, and EVERYONE knows this!
For these organizations to come out and publicly call out the scoring just seems orchestrated, and filled with trite.
What can we expect though, if you take the payola and turn in a bad scoring card they treat you as if you worked at McDonalds.....no real punishment.

“We also have a procedure to sanction our official should it be necessary, first it is verbal, then in writing and, later, if it is deemed necessary and according, there is a procedure to sanction the official. First it is verbal, then it is written and depending on the offence, a warning is chosen, but throughout the procedure we are bound to do it pedagogically to educate rather than punish.”

I can't recall the fight, but it was an HBO telecast couple of years back.
Jim and Max were discussing some questionable scoring and they even brought in Lederman to discuss it.
It just so happened that Lederman's daughter was one of the judges on that fight. So as Lederman is doing his mid fight scoring they say something along the lines of "At least his daughter will have the right score"...
At the end of the bout Lederman's daughter had the most wide/questionable scorecard, and not a word was mentioned of her or the scoring. :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Dirrell sold the late hit cause he was down on the cards. It was a late hit don't get me wrong, but it was not intentional IMO and just part of his combo. Def wasn't worth getting DQ'd over

That's the refs call though. And I'm not trying to hear people talk about fighters "selling" fouls when cats were saying the same thing about Pritchard and look how that worked out. If you're not that man you have no idea how hurt he is/isn't.

Dirrell shouldn't have timed out when the bell rang. But Uzcategui was also warned about late shots earlier.

****** up situation all around though. Apparently Uzcateguis jaw is broken.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom