Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had the fight real close. A draw...no but I'm not really mad about it. I had 7-5 GGG with 8-4 being the best margin. Assuming 7-5, the swing of one round isn't bad. Although we all know 10-2 is absolutely terrible. We would probably have seen a rematch regardless but I always hate not having a definitive answer

I followed her, other tecate girls, and the corona girls a couple of fights ago when I see them at the weigh-ins.

Canelo won the first 3 rounds and the last 3 rounds.

But seriously, you can't really argue either fighter lost this fight. When canelo first started getting hung up on the ropes in the 4th, you could tell he was letting ggg engage him, hence canelo being he superrior counter-puncher. Sure glovkin has a chin, but his defense and head/hand speed is unmatched compared to canelos. Was quite remarkable seeing glovkin move back in the ring for once. Regardless of all this, canelo is way too smart, youthful, and skilled to lose
The rematch. Vamos Saul!

All parties involved are in on the fix. The outsiders are the only ones falling for this **** time after time. I'm pretty sure these dudes signed a 2 or even 3 fight deal before this fight happened. Golovkin got offered a flat $15 million purse for the fight before and turned it down. Now he gets a purse for $3 million and accepts it lol? How does that make sense? **** should be common sense to see what's going on at this point.

Golovkin clearly won the fight as most knew he would. Unfortunately, Canelo clearly can't lose unless you knock him out lol. He got a decision vs Lara, a fight he clearly lost, and now got a draw vs golovkin in a fight where golovkin fought the same exact fight canelo tried vs Lara and was 100 times more effective doing it. **** makes no sense but all the sense in the world at the same time.

Golovkin takes the rematch just like he won last night. Canelo has nothing new to offer or anything to deter GGG off of him. Once Golovkin got settled in, he walked through Canelo's hardest shots. Pretty clear to me he was more weary of Jacobs power than he was Canelo's. GGG landed more overall, landed more 10 out of 12 rounds, pushed the fight, landed the effective shots, etc. I don't know what more you need out of a champion to win a fight smh.

Canelo went away from the body shots.

Think he could have stopped him if he continued working the body. GGG would back up and take a deep breath after those punches landed.

Never seen GGG miss so many punches.

GGG was head hunting and landed good punches to the head/face but Canelo doesn't even look that bad after 12 rounds.

GGG only landed 8 punches to the body in a 12 round fight. Crazy.

You would have thought Canelo was McGregor the way GGG was was eating Canelo's punches and walking him down.

IMG_8423.JPG

Floyd needs to come out of retirement again to fight the winner of the rematch for one last check.

Right before the 12th round. All the Mexicans at my job were sad last night because they thought canelo lost. Smh they knew, we knew.

No, because I follow the guidelines set forth by the association of boxing commission.

Clean punching
Effective aggressiveness
Ring generalship
Defense

Most people don't even know there are guidelines to scoring rounds. They just see a dude go forward throwing a **** load or punches and giving him the round.

That's not how it works.

GGG landed 218 punches to 169 for Canelo according to Compubox. GGG landed more punches than Canelo in 10 of 12 rounds. GGG was the aggressor coming forward majority of fight pressing the action. Does this even count? Without looking at the Compubox scorecard and just watching the fight, if not hard to see that GGG was landing more.

Canelo was backing up around the ring, hanging out on the ropes, basically trying to wait on countering opportunities with a burst of offense here and there. When Canelo tried establish anything, by the mid round Canelo ended back up on the ropes or circling around the ring. I didn't see fight a draw at all. GGG was the clear winner here. The 118-110 score by Adalaide Byrd is unacceptable.

Last edited:
I mentioned this a couple days ago, that GGG looks to have less power in his punches recently since the suspicions of his gloves was brought up. In tonight's fight his power was not very apparent, Canelo threw the harder shots by far and made his head snap. Meanwhile, GGG's punches looked like Conor McGregor's.

210 punches landed on Canelo's head/face and he looks like this after 12 rounds

Back
Top Bottom