OFFICIAL 2017 DENVER BRONCOS OFFSEASON THREAD Vol. Back To Work!!!

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by maldonado, Jul 22, 2013.

1. maldonado

maldonado

I'm hoping we can add Jamaal Charles.

Would be a great addition at a low cost considering what AP got.

Probably looking at 2-2.5 mil/year.

Another low-cost high-reward signing that could bolster our previously sputtering offense.

2. snkrfollower

snkrfollower

Sure, I get that. My overall point, though, is I'd still rather have an established veteran QB in competition with Siemian and Lynch than a Mr. Irrelevant with history of injuries and character issues. And as a fan of this team I can't look at this pick as a good sign for the overall position of the Broncos' QB position - I think it just shows the ridiculous lack of depth we currently have at the sport's most important position.

3. maldonado

maldonado

I can respect that brotha.

I guess we just have two different perspectives on looking at it.

I'd welcome a veteran qb, but the problem is theres just not enough quality quarterbacks, veteran or not, to go around.

I can't name one veteran qb out there that I'd like for us to go after (was relieved we didn't aggressively pursue Romo lol)

I love Kaep, but I dont't necessarily see him as the savior. Maybe a stop-gap for a year or two but then you're taking reps away from the young guys and impeding their development. They'd have to be all in on him and I just don't see it..

I'm not even that big of a Siemien fan (he's my least favorite of the 3 on the roster), but the kid did a pretty decent job, all things considered. In his first year behind a crap line he handled his own.

You either have a franchise qb, don't (nobody on the roster), or are in the process of hopefully finding one(potentially have that guy on the roster).

It is what it is, this is what you're left with when you have arguably one of the greatest qb's retire. Unfortunately you have to bring in qbs until you find the right guy and something sticks.

I'd argue that we actually have depth at that position.

Name the last time we had 3 (let alone 2) quarterbacks that had a legitimate chance to start?

This is the first time that I can remember that I was actually satisfied with the 3 qbs - usually there is a huge disparity between the first guy and the 3rd qb on the depth chart.

That's why I think its dope, we could eventually have a 3 qb controversy.The clip holder is usually well established but at some point I can see these 3 really pushing each other.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  4. maldonado

maldonado

snkrfollower likes this.
  5. snkrfollower

snkrfollower

Yeah, at the end of the season I was hoping we'd push for Romo, but I'm glad we didn't since if we had convinced him to keep playing his heart probably wouldn't have been in it at all, and god knows what that would've cost us.

Reason I'm such a stan for Kaep on this team is exactly because I think he'd be a perfect stop gap for a couple years, allowing these young kids to develop better (with less risk of injury to them due to our porous OL). I think Kaep is gonna play with a massive chip on his shoulder, and I think the next team he takes snaps with will prosper because of it. If he's signed for a year or two on a low-end deal, he's gonna play his butt off for that next big $$$ contract. I don't think any of the other free agent QBs are going to go into their situations with more pressure and more to prove than he will. And I think that the young guys could learn a lot from watching someone like him play through that pressure regardless of whether he thrives or crumbles. And if he does fold, and you replace him as starter with Trevor or Paxton, I think that kid (whichever it is) steps up and may have a break-out year.

Either way, my hope is for a strong season, but unless the D carries us again this year like they did 2 yrs ago, I realistically can't expect higher than 3rd in the West based on how the team looks right this second. I'm honestly more interested in seeing how the new coaching staff gets the team to perform, though. Without a star QB, and with the team as-is, I think they have a lot less pressure on them for a strong season than if they came in with a big name ready to carry the offense. If they can over produce with these guys, I'll be damn impressed. I just hope they don't try to coast their first year waiting to make moves next year.

Lotta good QBs set to be UFAs next year...

6. snkrfollower

snkrfollower

7. broncos19dm

broncos19dm

So ready for the season 

8. bronconation24

bronconation24

Raider fans getting ahead of themselves :lol:. We still own the west

9. scotthallwithapick

scotthallwithapick

This season needs to come already.

10. broncos19dm