OFFICIAL 2017 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON (4-6) THREAD::NEXT:WEEK 12 NOV 26 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS

Apparently the LB the Dolphins picked up from the CFL is the best LB on the team. A lot of people like him over Kiko even, supposed to be a beast.

"Sources"

We'll see.

Didn't they say the same about the DE we picked up last year? Cleon? or something

Miami picked up a 3rd round and two 5th round compensatory picks.

Free Agency Wish List:
(In Order)
Hightower - kicks Kiko to WLB and fixes two positions and adds a Captain and Super Bowl winner.
Zeitler
Warford or Lang.

That leaves every pick you can use on the defensive side which this draft is deeeeeeeep in defensive players.

Random thought before I go to the gym.

Rabbit Hole Digging on what it would cost and comparisons...

$12/year for a 3rd option WR

$11/year for a Captain/Starting MLB.

What that article doesn't talk about is future inflation of the cap itself.

I like Kenny Stills, but he's not bringing us any Playoff success. WR has to be the most expendable position on the field. Having Guards that can block and MLB's that can shed blocks and make key stops in tough yardage stipulations is what we need.

Kenny can produce TD's and he's a quick strike guy. But he's not going to win championships. Sorry

Agreed, let some other team pay him $12m a year

That's a dumb amount for a third option deep threat

I think we can all agree on that. It would be ctazy for Philly to pay that to be honest.

John Ross is going to fall to them perfectly, kid is the sameish... faster, same years about, but much cheaper.

I don't agree. Pay Kenny.

Look, when does it stop? When the **** do we actually BUILD a team? We let Clay walk. Miller. OV. Odrick. Traded Vontae. When do we actually start to pay our players as they enter their primes?

He's gonna be 25, and NOW we let him go? Just like all the rest of those guys?

Next it will be Landry "too expensive, let him go"
Then it will be Ajayi "too expensive, let him go"
Then DVP "too expensive, let him go"

"baaaaaaaaahhhhh, why do we always suck, it's our quarterback, bahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

BUILD. Means you keep your players, and ADD to them. BUILD on top of them, with more players.

Draft, and develop. Not draft, and let go. (I know we traded for Stills, but he was 22 when we got him)

Right now we have one hole on Offense, OG. Fill that hole, and flourish.
Let Stills go, now you have two holes. Stepping back. For why? :lol:

2 years from now, 12 million for a 26-27 year old receiver will be a bargain. 2 years ago, 12 million wouldn't have gotten you Calvin. The cap goes up and up and up and up, so do the salaries. 12 million now, is like 8-9 mil 2 years ago. Pay him. Keep the core building. Sign a couple OG's. Draft entirely on Defense, let the roster grow under Gase.

I don't agree with that.

3rd option WR, I do not want to let any of those others to go. Dolphins JUST picked up JT and drafted 2 WRs last year. I don't believe there is a hole to fill from that personally. OG would still be the hole on offense. That position not named Landry/DVP is expendable for that much per year. Pay Stills $12/year what do you think Landry then DVP is gonna ask for? $14, $15? No team has won a super bowl with WRs, it's a fact.

I also had his funds allocated to a starting MLB, kicks Kiko to WLB. Fixes two positions.

2 for 1 (like the trade last year) is something I'd be willing to take immediately.

Where I do agree with you is the cap is and will rise and rise until, no pun, someone puts a cap on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And when DVP comes up lame or injured or whatever, and there's no one left to take the safeties back, suddenly Tannehill doesn't have open targets, and Ajayi doesn't have lanes, then what?

Julius Thomas ain't the answer. He could be another Cameron.

I do hear the Hightower play. I do. I won't be furious if it happened or anything, but again, when are we gonna stop taking 1 step forward, 1 step back, 1 step forward, 1 step back.

Like you stated (I'm summarizing), you need the threat. You do that with the guy you drafted running a 4.3 (Jakeem Grant). Not for nothing but Free Agency is an option as well. DJax is 30/31 will be cheaper option with the exact same attributes. If they want, Josh Gordon could be an option although I doubt Gase would sign off on someone like that. Cordarrelle Patterson and Ted Ginn are also options. All are cheaper options than Stills while being able to

But with Grant, If he is 1 v 1 from the slot and safeties don't respect what he is doing he will take the top off. 1 year of work under Gase with Tannehill. You say it's 1 step forward, 1 step back. I disagree...
Was the problem on offense last year? Mostly no, OLine beat up hurt Ajayi ultimately... he can only break SO many tackles, Tannehill going down ultimately hurt.

What absolutely killed the Dolphins was not being able to stop the run. Secondary, even the patched secondary, played well enough. Pass Rush DLine was decent enough, the team was built to rush the passer last year. Unfortunately they couldn't stop a one legged juggler rushing for more that 7 yards a pop.

My entire point from the beginning is where would I allocate funds right this second? Put that into a 3rd option receiver, whom I'd LOVE to keep do not misread what I'm saying, possibly a 4th option with JT coming in and will for sure be a huge red zone target... or put that into a high caliber, captain of a super bowl winning team, starting MLB that can rush the QB and damn well play great behind Suh/Jordan? He will also force Kiko to go to a more natural weak side linebacker position fixing two spots of a defense that was so incredibly bad?

I don't agree it's one step forward and one back, it's strengthening a huge weakness that held the Dolphins back while continuing to coach up players that are drafted and are on the roster.

If the Dolphins lose wide receiver Kenny Stills to free agency, they will sign a veteran pass-catcher in the coming weeks, per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. Miami isn’t certain that 2016 third-round pick Leonte Carroo is ready to take over as the club’s third receiver, per Jackson, who points to Ted Ginn, Terrance Williams, Aldrick Robinson, and Marquise Goodwin as potential options.
PFT

Marquise Goodwin though... that could be fun.

PFT

Marquise Goodwin though... that could be fun.

Downgrades all around. I don't resigning Kenny Stills at his asking price is the best move, but we have to move quick.

I like Stacy Cooley in the draft. But I guarantee he'll be a sleeper for a lot of teams.

FS may also be a priority for us too. Isa is questionable for 2017 season.

Let's do free agency first.

Ultimately I want Kenny Stills, 6 to 8 million range with it hopefully being the former.

Defense in general is a need.
DTx2
DEx2
MLB
SLB
Nickle
Safety

All needs.

Add in another TE and two Guards.

Buckle up kids.

Trade down, get whatever for it. Pick up (in order) Foster (IF he falls because of reports), Derek Barnett, Reddick, or Taco.

Obviously depending on free agency, will have a better idea after the next week.

Back
Top Bottom