OFFICIAL 2017 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON (4-6) THREAD::NEXT:WEEK 12 NOV 26 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS

View media item 1854887

THE 2016 SEASON WAS A GREAT BUILDING SEASON.

WHAT'S NEXT?

We have the 22nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft

Miami Dolphins

REGULAR
WEEK
1 SEP 10 BYE
W 2 SEP 17 4:05PMEDT * AT CHARGERS
L 3 SEP 24 1:00PMEDT * AT JETS
L 4 OCT 1 09:30AMEDT ) SAINTS
W 5 OCT 8 1:00PMEDT * TITANS
W 6 OCT 15 1:00PMEDT * AT FALCONS
W 7 OCT 22 1:00PMEDT ) JETS
L 8 OCT 26 8:25PMEDT * , AT RAVENS
L 9 NOV 5 8:30PMEST ' RAIDERS
L 10 NOV 13 8:30PMEST + AT PANTHERS
L 11 NOV 19 1:00PMEDT ) BUCCANEERS
L 12 NOV 26 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS
13 DEC 3 1:00PMEST * BRONCOS
14 DEC 11 8:30PMEST + PATRIOTS
15 DEC 17 1:00PMEST * AT BILLS
16 DEC 24 1:00PMEST * AT CHIEFS
17 DEC 31 1:00PMEST * BILLS

Last edited:
:lol: 22nd, with all our defensive needs

Offseason wishlist is finding 2-3 LB's, another CB, get rid of scrubs like Mario Williams, Dion Jordan (BUST), Jelani Jenkins, Albert, LG, starting caliber Center and toss Pouncey's glass #@$ into the wind, a new defensive coordinator

Drafting Caroo, Grant, Drake with all these defensive/OL needs? Priceless.

The Dolphins have $137.5 million committed for 2017 cap purposes, with the cap expected to rise from $155 million to the $165 million range.

Factoring in $8.4 million in carryover space (according to NFL players union figures), the Dolphins will have $36 million in space.

Two expected moves - cutting Mario Williams and Koa Misi — will save another $8.5 million and $4.2 million respectively, pushing cap space to nearly $49 million. Cutting Dion Jordan ($3.2 million savings) brings the total to $52 million.

Releasing Earl Mitchell would save another $4 million, bringing the total to $56 million. If the Dolphins cut left tackle Branden Albert, which would be a surprise, that would add another $7.2 million.

But keep in mind that Miami must allot around $6 million of that cap space for draft picks, several million for its restricted free agents and keep a few million in reserve for a practice squad and in-season needs.

We should get a 3rd rd pick for OV, and a 5th round pick for Miller. We might also get one for Rishard Matthews (who had a great year) These will help.

`50ish million to spend, make it simple.

Keep Stills, extend Landry.
Keep Sims. I would LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE David Njoku from Miami. Oh my God I would love to add him.

I would not move on from Albert, at all. Nor Pouncey, yet. Key is, have depth behind them. If we upgrade LG over Bushrod, then we can upgrade the depth behind Pouncey, and use them if/when injuries pop up. (Tunsil obviously backs up Albert if somethin bad happens there) Just sign a capable RG and depth is not that difficult. Not like we have to use 2-3 more draft picks or something again. Just fill in with decent Free Agent money

Draft wise, that's where you go heavy on D, and if we can snag Njoku to boot, bonus for us.

LB Zach Cunningham, DE Soloman Thomas, LB Jarrad Davis, DE/DT Malik McDowell, DT Caleb Brantley, DE Carl Lawson, DE Taco Charlton

Also, I wouldn't be on it, and I don't know if it would be worth it, but OJ Howard.........man........I wouldn't be furious, I would get the logic, especially with Gase, but clearly we need more on Defense than Offense right now.

As always, I would trade down to try and recoup a pick or two as well, fill more needs.

Still, with 6-7-8 picks, no reason we can't go

DE x 2
LB x 2
TE
DT
CB
OG

If we keep Stills and Sims and Kiko, then sign an upgrade at RG, and maybe even keep Branch. That would be a pretty damn good offseason. Then we would just need some of the picks to contribute right away.

Add to all that, Drake, Carroo, Grant, Lippett, Howard, Philips, Tunsil all hopefully take steps forward, and improve further. Add DVP to that as well. If they play better, and we get anything decent out of the rookie class, and a couple decent FA's, with Reshad, IAQ, Pouncey, Tannehill and Maxwell all coming back, the roster should be better overall in 2017 than it was in 2016. No more Foster, Cameron, Mario, Jordan, Rambo Misi, etc that took up space and didn't provide much help.

Good news could be if there really is 4-5 QB's taken, that means us at 22, really moves up to say 17-18. And if other teams take OT, WR, RB etc, we could bump up to a Top 10 level Defender, and I am DOWN for that. :lol:

Look at how Tunsil fell to us last year. Obviously difference situation, but getting talent like that, not at the very top of the draft, is always a huge benefit to us. (cheaper, too)

Auburn's DE Carl Lawson
For example, Lawson went toe-to-toe with Mississippi's Laremy Tunsil, a 2016 first-round pick, better than anyone else did in his college career. If Lawson joined in with the Dolphins, allowing them to move on from Williams and Jordan, and transitioning Wake into a full-time rotational role like Dwight Freeney in Arizona and Atlanta over the last few seasons, he could make an instant impact all over the board in Miami.

Last edited:
We're likely to promote Matt Burke (LB Coach) if Vance walks. I don't care who it is honestly, we need to overhaul that LB unit and parts of that DL.

And a veteran inside presence, Dont'a Hightower or Perry Reilly.

Move Kiko to OLB.

Draft at least two LB's.

Go after Dontari Poe. And or Draft a DT.

Cut Earl Mitchell, And

And a Raw edge rushing prospect. Possibly a project we can groom.

Vance Joseph has like 5 opportunities for a HC gig, one that is his to lose apparently.

Matt Burke would seemingly get the DC position... with the linebackers all failing except for Kiko. Seems that the Dolphins should at least kick the tires on a few others just in case before saying anything about Burke.

Regardless of who is there though, the Dolphins badly need players. Agreed this draft needa to be All defense and a Tight End. H

It’s a strange feeling being that it’s the first week of January and we’re not talking about offseason plans for the Miami Dolphins.

Although they’re likely to get blasted in the first round of the playoffs next Sunday on the road against the Pittsburgh Steelers if the point spread (10) is any indication, they’re in the playoffs, which is a miracle considering the 1-4 start and the lack of talent across the roster.

With the regular season over, let’s check out how the Miami Dolphins fared on a positional basis, per Pro Football Focus rankings. The Dolphins’ top five graded players are as follows:

Reshad Jones (88.5)
Ndamukong Suh (88.4)
Cam Wake (87.4)
Jay Ajayi (86.8 )
Jarvis Landry (85.1)

Note: Grades range from 1 to 100

Quarterback Ryan Tannehill ranked 13th among NFL passers this year, while backup Matt Moore, who was thrust into action in Week 14, would rank 27th if he had enough snaps to qualify.

No running back graded out as high as Jay Ajayi, who experienced a breakthrough season in Year 2, rushing for 1,272 yards and eight touchdowns on 4.9 yards per carry.

The Dolphins have a solid trio of wideouts this year. Jarvis Landry ranked 10th, DeVante Parker ranked 22nd, and Kenny Stills ranked 54th. Tight end Dion Sims ranked 40th while Jordan Cameron missed most of the season due to injury.

The offensive line didn’t seem to be as inept this year but players didn’t fare well individually, with Ja’Wuan James ranking 32nd and Branden Albert ranking 65th among offensive tackles. With the 32-year-old Albert due over $10 million next season, expect a restructure if he returns.

At offensive guard, rookie Laremy Tunsil ranked 48th while Jermon Bushrod ranked a putrid 74th of 76 players and was PFF’s lowest graded run blocker of the year. All three of Miami’s centers ranked in the bottom nine at the position.

Expect some new additions on the interior line this summer, per usual.

On defense, Byron Maxwell was a pleasant surprise, ranking 11th among cornerbacks, while Tony Lippitt ranked 57th, slot corner Bobby McCain ranked 70th, and rookie Xavien Howard ranked 102nd.

The injured but exceptional Reshad Jones ranked 6th among safeties while the also injured Isa Abdul-Quddus ranked a solid 33rd. Miami will be without both against Pittsburgh.

Miami’s defensive line featured two dynamic performers. Cameron Wake ranked 7th among edge defenders and Ndamukong Suh ranked 3rd among defensive tackles. Also at defensive tackle, Jordan Phillips ranked 60th and Earl Mitchell ranked 64th. Wake needs assistance at defensive end, with Mario Williams ranking 63rd and Andre Branch ranking 65th.

Miami’s defense was soft in the middle, with the overrated Kiko Alonso ranking 49th, Spencer Paysinger ranking 54th, Donald Butler ranking 73rd, Neville Hewitt ranking 75th, and Jelani Jenkins ranking 89th

Last edited:
Dion Jordan to be cut.
Add him to the list.

Good riddance, what a waste.

Looks like Vance will be the next HC in Denver...

Chances of the Dolphind landing Wade?
Ross has the pockets and doesn't mind spending. Gase and Wade have worked together before... I know Burke has been talked about but... I'm curious if this is possible.

I'll wait to see official, that was the initial.

Makes sense wanting to keep things in house.

Rewatchin game.....It's funny....

3 straight possessions. 3 straight.

Fumble
Fumble
INT

Not a peep.

Silence.

No complaints about the QB, no calls for him to be benched, nothing.

3 straight turnovers, in a 20-6 game.

The first one on the 8 yard line. (Taking points off the board) in a 2 possession game.

I wonder if Ryan did that, would there be silence?

People should be looking in their mirrors right now. Looking real hard.

Hey, he beat the Jets tho. 4 TD's. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think anyone's happy with Matty Ice's performance. Ball security has never been his strength.

For Albert to not check on Harrison though, you'd be pissed at a rookie for making that mistake. Coming from a Pro Bowl LT, inexcusable. He better take a paycut in the offseason, not worth the $ we're paying him.

I still maintain dude was concussed that whole game though, probably shouldn't have been in there. Matty was seeing 22 Pittsburgh defenders out there :lol:

btw, 1-5 vs teams with a winning record this year. I don't think anyone should be too high on Tony Spara--

ah, wrong lucky rookie coach :lol:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago
Andrew Mason Retweeted Mike Klis
After cutting 3 O-linemen following Week 5, Ajayi led the NFL in rushing & Miami's sacks-allowed rate improved from dead last to 7th-best.

Surprised you or no one has mentioned our new defensive coordinator, Matt Burke.

Probably because we have no clue who this guy is :lol:

Naw, not worth the effort, he's just who you'll blame for **** you don't understand, same as Joseph.

Naw, not worth the effort, he's just who you'll blame for **** you don't understand, same as Joseph.

You're an #@%^%. Good lord. You must have problems taking responsibility in life.

Hell yeah I blame the defensive coordinator for the worst Dolphins defense ever. You are a fool with excuses forever.

Yeah, I guess the reigning Super Bowl champs think myopically like you do huh?

Oh wait, they understood he had no players to work with. Oh.

You have no ability to think critically, you just spout stupidity.

Joseph was chased by half the damn league you clown. They don't care about "stats" with 2-3 players on his team. Get a clue.

You pin blame on him because you're too stupid to grasp you can't mask every deficiency. People with brains don't have that problem.

Back
Top Bottom