Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone feel like the Celtics got a shot at making the finals next year by drafting Fultz?

Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30 looks
whoo.png

crazy to think that three decades from now, they'll be making a 30 for 30 about GSW/CLE. after all the gamesmanship and chess matching is gonna lead to the following roster constructions

steph
klay
kd
dray
anthony davis

vs

kyrie
harden
kawhi
bron
KAT

I think you forgot that lebron doesn't play on superteams

true. but that could all change once he signs with the team in oakland this off season.

Imo Cavs need a 3 and D starting 2 that can play the 3 with major emphasis on the defense.

Imo Cavs need a 3 and D starting 2 that can play the 3 with major emphasis on the defense.

dudes like Danny Green or Rodney Hood would be perfect for CLE. pesky defenders on and away from the ball and better with the shot selection than Swish

We never got to the Off Season thread this fast.

Not even the Thread wanted to be a Thread any longer.

Last edited:
dudes like Danny Green or Rodney Hood would be perfect for CLE. pesky defenders on and away from the ball and better with the shot selection than Swish

Agreed. Jr and shumpert would have been an ideal tandem. But the truth is, they just aren't very smart players. I think the Cavs should let shump go, demote Jr to 6th man and look for another 3 and D player. A player that can focus on Durant next year and allow LeBron to be a floater again.

Jimmy butler for love and others would be good for both teams. Not sure if the bulls would be interested though.

Maybe the thunder would be interested in moving roberson and/or taj gibson (not for love)

Last edited:
You're going to have JR/Shumpert replaced by lesser versions before plus versions.

You're not going to get a lot of guys who buy into playing off the ball, that can shoot and defend, because there aren't a lot of those guys.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot available or willing to join LBJ.
I'm saying there aren't a lot, period.

Last edited:
In addition, keeping it real...

This is now an arms race between 2 teams for the next 2 years. What moves will the Cavs and gsw make to counter what we've seen last year? And how will both teams adjust to free agency, age and to each other.

Imo, this will be our finals matchup for three next 2 years of LeBron stays in Cleveland after next year.

Last edited:

Agreed. Jr and shumpert would have been an ideal tandem. But the truth is, they just aren't very smart players. I think the Cavs should let shump go, demote Jr to 6th man and look for another 3 and D player. A player that can focus on Durant next year and allow LeBron to be a floater again.

Jimmy butler for love and others would be good for both teams. Not sure if the bulls would be interested though.

Maybe the thunder would be interested in moving roberson and/or taj gibson (not for love)

KLove's stock is at an all-time low after these finals. dude is out here lookin like a sega dreamcast in a world of PS4s and whatever xbox is out. no one is going to trade their #1 or #2 for klove after his pathetic showing and houdini act in the finals. bulls and indiana aint getting fleeced for him

if i'm cleveland, i hold onto him and make it a point of emphasis to make him look good during the first half of the season. as the trade deadline approaches, SELL HIGH

Last edited:
You're going to have JR/Shumpert replaced by lesser versions before plus versions.

You're not going to get a lot of guys who buy into playing off the ball, that can shoot and defend, because there aren't a lot of those guys.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot available or willing to join LBJ.
I'm saying there aren't a lot, period.

Ehhh...i don't think a defensive minded hybrid 2/3 player that's a respectable 3 point shooter is a step down from jr and shumpert.

Especially if that player had a higher defensive iq.

I will say this though. Sometimes it's not a matter of who you choose. Sometimes you're stuck with who you have.

A bunch of people give LeBron grief for getting Jr and tristan Thompson paid. But what were their options? It's not like the Cavs had to choose between Jr and Tristan and demarcus cousins and kawhi.

So cap numbers and lack of options may have the Cavs stuck with Jr and shump.

My opinion? Get rid of shump and bring back a defensive minded long 2/3 hybrid that is respectable from 3. Or trade love, and bring in pg13 or, ideally... Jimmy butler if those teams are interested.

Last edited:
KLove's stock is at an all-time low after these finals. dude is out here lookin like a sega dreamcast in a world of PS4s and whatever xbox is out. no one is going to trade their #1 or #2 for klove after his pathetic showing and houdini act in the finals. bulls and indiana aint getting fleeced for him

if i'm cleveland, i hold onto him and make it a point of emphasis to make him look good during the first half of the season. as the trade deadline approaches, SELL HIGH

Kevin love avg 16ppg and 11reb and shot 38% from 3. And took most of Tristan Thompson's crunch time mins at the 5.

Imo, he had a pretty good series.

But hey...i respect your opinion. If you say so.

I don't think there is a gm in the league that doesn't believe he can't be 25/11 again easy. ask the spurs if they'd trade aldrige straight up for love...

Kevin love avg 16ppg and 11reb and shot 38% from 3. And took most of Tristan Thompson's crunch time mins at the 5.

Imo, he had a pretty good series.

But hey...i respect your opinion. If you say so.

I don't think there is a gm in the league that doesn't believe he can't be 25/11 again easy. ask the spurs if they'd trade aldrige straight up for love...

his point average is inflated by two games. we all watched the finals and it was obvious that besides game 4, KLove was an absolute nonfactor most of this series. i agree with someone who stated before that his skillset is/was under-utilized with this cleveland cavs team. how they have him camped out on the perimeter instead of playing in the post more frequently, which he showed he could do in in minnesota, is a complete tragedy and a waste of his ability.

but whether or not his offensive skills aren't being properly used in Cleveland, it's obvious that he has a lot of defensive deficiencies. for a big, he is piss poor at protecting the rim and it was obvious by how many driving lay ups steph got in game 5 with Love being late to the basket on help defense. also, in an era where you have more and more stretch 4s, Love needs to be able to guard bigs along the perimeter, and we saw time and time again dude was slow to react on drive and kicks and closeout on KD/Iggy/Dray from the corner.

it's gonna take a lot for a GM to part ways a with player like jimmy or PG for Love after his abysmal play, even if it wasn't entirely his fault.

his point average is inflated by two games. we all watched the finals and it was obvious that besides game 4, KLove was an absolute nonfactor most of this series. i agree with someone who stated before that his skillset is/was under-utilized with this cleveland cavs team. how they have him camped out on the perimeter instead of playing in the post more frequently, which he showed he could do in in minnesota, is a complete tragedy and a waste of his ability.

but whether or not his offensive skills aren't being properly used in Cleveland, it's obvious that he has a lot of defensive deficiencies. for a big, he is piss poor at protecting the rim and it was obvious by how many driving lay ups steph got in game 5 with Love being late to the basket on help defense. also, in an era where you have more and more stretch 4s, Love needs to be able to guard bigs along the perimeter, and we saw time and time again dude was slow to react on drive and kicks and closeout on KD/Iggy/Dray from the corner.

it's gonna take a lot for a GM to part ways a with player like jimmy or PG for Love after his abysmal play, even if it wasn't entirely his fault.

I agree with your assessment. Kevin love had NEVER been a great defender. So, my assessment of his play for the series is relegated to what role they had him play. A spot up shooter that is occasionally asked to do the dirty work on the glass.

As far as the debate about whether or not the bulls or pacers would go for it...i already hinted towards both teams most likely not being interested.

But if either or both teams get to the point where they feel like they'll lose pg13 or butler with no compensation... That's a different story.

I mean, you don't have to go far back in history to see examples of this... look what the kings got back from new Orleans for cousins...

A ham sandwich, a paper clip and buddy hield.

Last edited:

Kevin love pts/reb by game

Btw

game 1 15/21
Game 2 27/7
Game 3 9/13
Game 4 23/5
Game 5 6/10

He had 3 really good games and his 2 bad games are a big reason why Cleveland lost the series. Even in those games, he still did his job on the glass.

Love was at best mediocre at defense this series and downright abysmal most of the time
Him and LeBron missed so many rotations that led to easy points in the paint.

Last edited:
hope mothers only get shown on draft day..... just finished watch first take and stephen a had to basically smile and semi back off his initial statement about durant

If you are going to be as bad as Kevin Love is defensively you gotta average 25 a game to to offset it.

Kevin love pts/reb by game

Btw

game 1 15/21
Game 2 27/7
Game 3 9/13
Game 4 23/5
Game 5 6/10

He had 3 really good games and his 2 bad games are a big reason why Cleveland lost the series. Even in those games, he still did his job on the glass.

If Love stepped up game 3 and 5... The series probably swings in Cavs favor. His the guy that needed to stay consistent on offense to make up for his lack of defense.

If Love is your #1 or #2 option. Your team is not winning many games.

not blaming love for game 3..... cavs have to close that game...... the iso players did a horrible job down the strecth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom