Not open for further replies.
Kevin love pts/reb by game

Btw

game 1 15/21
Game 2 27/7
Game 3 9/13
Game 4 23/5
Game 5 6/10

He had 3 really good games and his 2 bad games are a big reason why Cleveland lost the series. Even in those games, he still did his job on the glass.

If Love stepped up game 3 and 5... The series probably swings in Cavs favor. His the guy that needed to stay consistent on offense to make up for his lack of defense.

If Love is your #1 or #2 option. Your team is not winning many games.

If l look at just the stats and was told that Love was the 3rd option, I would have sworn that the Cavs were up 3-2. Its crazy that as bad Love looked on tape, he had 3 games with 15+ point and 3 games with double digit rebounds.

Kevin love pts/reb by game

Btw

game 1 15/21
Game 2 27/7
Game 3 9/13
Game 4 23/5
Game 5 6/10

He had 3 really good games and his 2 bad games are a big reason why Cleveland lost the series. Even in those games, he still did his job on the glass.

Love had 6 steals and 7 deflections in game 3

He couldn't hit a shot....but was BIG defensively and on the boards.

Love would be great on current Rockets with his low-post shooting and passing but they've got to stop shooting like they've got Warrior-caliber shooters

Honestly, I think Kevin Love wasn't their worst defensive player. It was JR and Kyrie. They get absolutely lost sometimes. Love flashed passable defense this series. A lot better than what I was expecting. Yes, he was getting burned by Curry, but so was Lebron and anyone else that tried to guard Curry  1 on 1. Their defensive issue, besides a lack of awareness, is that they need a second line of defense, and Tristan Thompson doesn't seem to be that guy. They're pretty much paying him a ridiculous amount of money just to be an offensive rebounder. The Warriors out-rebounded them anyway by simply using fundamental basketball and boxing out. Also, have the Cavs not tried staggering Love's minutes with Lebron? He used to average 26 pts, surely he can run an offense when LeBron rests. Put him in the post and let him get buckets or run some split action. He looked pretty good this series when he was passing out of the post. They need better coaching / game planning. If Pop was coaching this team, I'd guarantee this would be at least a 6 game series, and each game would be tight. 

I think Love came out to play this postseason. I didn't see anything wrong with his defense in the Finals, either. 

JR and Thompson definitely were the liabilities on the defense.

I'm really curious on how the Cavs rebuild their roster.

I wish NBC went back to hosting NBA games. ABC is alright...but cmon.

Cavs are a repeater tax team and not only that, it's going to be hard as hell to convince Dan Gilbert go all in for the Cavs in return for a year of Lebron.

They've got to play the Vet minimum market, there's the Korver situation, Channing Frye and RJ are old, Iman Shumpert is trash, pieces no one wants,I mean...

No one thinks Lebron is coming back. League wide. It's to a point now where if he did, it would surprise people.

So they really have no avenues for improvement, and the option of dipping further into the tax for one year rentals isn't ideal, nor is it likely. The idea that they would trade Love, with multiple years on his deal, for an essentially one year rental is just...not happening.

Last edited:
KD on Bill Simmons podcast for 3rd time today.

First 2 during the season were good if you havent listened.

Last edited:
If you are going to be as bad as Kevin Love is defensively you gotta average 25 a game to to offset it.

He'd average 25 a game on almost any other team. Good PFs tend to turn into spot up 3 point jumpshooters when playing with Lebron.

Last edited:
Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30 looks
whoo.png

crazy to think that three decades from now, they'll be making a 30 for 30 about GSW/CLE. after all the gamesmanship and chess matching is gonna lead to the following roster constructions

steph
klay
kd
dray
anthony davis

vs

kyrie
harden
kawhi
bron
KAT

by the time all that happens with bron, he'll be 37-38ish and well water washed :x

that AD to the dubs can potentially happen in 2 yrs :x :x :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom