OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

They are hitting big plays for points at a pretty good clip... Their OL is really good and with a QB making correct reads, they look as good as anybody outside of Bama

I’m sorry Clemson almost getting washed by weak azzz Syracuse was better huh? Like I said who’s resume to this point are you putting up against Notre Dame? Don’t worry I’ll wait!

Clemson isn’t number 2 in the country good either they’re number 4-5 good...Georgia is the number 2 and Georgia is entering the meat of their schedule. Same Georgia team that beat the living hell out of Vanderbilt YA KNOW THE TEAM THAT ND ALMOST LOST TO. ND is 2012 ND and we know how that ended when they played a real top team in the country.

Only team worth a damn that ND played was sorry *** standford who just got they *** plugged by Houston..Michigan is Florida just in blue and yellow...we know what’s gonna happen to those frauds. ND schedule is nothing to gloat about period..they’re right where they need to be in terms of rank.

Clemson isn’t number 2 in the country good either they’re number 4-5 good...Georgia is the number 2 and Georgia is entering the meat of their schedule. Same Georgia team that beat the living hell out of Vanderbilt YA KNOW THE TEAM THAT ND ALMOST LOST TO. ND is 2012 ND and we know how that ended when they played a real top team in the country.

Only team worth a damn that ND played was sorry *** standford who just got they *** plugged by Houston..Michigan is Florida just in blue and yellow...we know what’s gonna happen to those frauds. ND schedule is nothing to gloat about period..they’re right where they need to be in terms of rank.
Georgia has looked the worst of any of the top 5 up to this point. Don’t want to hear about who they’re going to play we are talking about right now! All you keep spitting out are comparisons which you can’t even remotely back up with facts or stats. The SEC’s level of competition outside of conference is embarrassing. You’re trying to make a argument against ND based on past years which is stupid.

upload_2018-10-8_20-34-31.png

Bubba Bolden issued a statement

The investigation was open for 7 months but the SJACS suspended Bubba the day before the season opener. Def did it to send a message to the team :lol:

Last edited:
Any truth to this Ian Book rumor?

I don't think so

There were some ND r/cfb posters saying that he's having "academic issues". Someone posted that he was forced to revise one of his papers because some citations were off, and that might have spiraled into this.

Georgia has looked the worst of any of the top 5 up to this point. Don’t want to hear about who they’re going to play we are talking about right now! All you keep spitting out are comparisons which you can’t even remotely back up with facts or stats. The SEC’s level of competition outside of conference is embarrassing. You’re trying to make a argument against ND based on past years which is stupid.
Every game Georgia has played the backups have been in by the end of the 3rd qtr with the exception of Missouri :lol: you’re caping for a team that beat a sorry *** Michigan team, barely beat a horrible vandy team, and beat up on a Stanford team that just got curb stomped by Utah, but you’re trying to convince people they should be number 2...in what world ? You should be grateful you’re number 5 right now..because the only highlight win is that Michigan game oh and the rest of that schedule is ****in pathetic. Pls stop the flexing.

:lol::lol::lol: Oklahoma really played 8 yards off the receivers for an entire drive and didn't make a single adjustment. If Oklahoma had a top 30 defense, they probably win the National Championship last season and would definitely be undefeated this season.

How did Stoops keep his job for so long? Defense has been Oklahoma's Achilles heel for almost a decade.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not so I'll let this idiotic post slide.

:lol::lol::lol: Oklahoma really played 8 yards off the receivers for an entire drive and didn't make a single adjustment. If Oklahoma had a top 30 defense, they probably win the National Championship last season and would definitely be undefeated this season.

How did Stoops keep his job for so long? Defense has been Oklahoma's Achilles heel for almost a decade.

They had good defenses when Venables was there if you went by advanced metrics. The problem was at that time most people still believed in garbage stats like total D, which is why he was shown the door.

We're not all the way there yet, but I think most people are starting to get the idea why stats like yards per play, and points per drive are a lot more useful in 2018.

Wouldn't be surprised if Oregon beats Washington.

They're going to. Well actually... Washington's D is better than Oregon's O. Washington's O isn't great either and Browning wilts under pressure.

It's a toss up I guess. Oregon hasn't actually beaten anyone good yet... their only P5 win is California... They've played 2 P5 (4 FBS) teams so far this year out of 5 games...

from 247 auburn site board operator Brandon Marcello.

I was going to save some of this for 3 things I know, 3 things I think on Wednesday, but why wait?

Below are a few items I'm hearing from inside the locker room and others close to the program. If you don't want to hear some bad news, look away. I'm not hearing a lot of positive things inside the locker room, so click away if you'd rather go along your day without hearing what players are thinking in private.

- There is animosity in the locker room. Some defensive players have not been fans of Jarrett Stidham for nearly a year, and while that's not affecting play, obviously, the locker room features a lot of quiet corners, if that makes sense. Some players are playing for themselves, though the defense has managed to come together unit by unit, and are held together by Deshaun Davis and Marlon Davidson. The offense isn't the only unit with issues with chemistry, so I want to make that clear, and so did one of my sources.

- Chip Lindsey calls the plays and they're filtered through Gus Malzahn. Simple. Players know it and they think it's strange, leading to some unfavorable opinions of the head coach among players on both sides of the ball.

- Right or wrong, some players don't like Jarrett Stidham's happy, go-lucky attitude. He was smiling wide and skipping around outside the locker room after the game, prompting some parents and players to shake their head and grumble. Stidham is disconnected from the team, save for a few close friends, and a lot of the defensive players are not happy with him, his performances and his attitude. He shows leadership on game days, but the players don't see a killer instinct and his words ring hollow to several offensive players, and it's bothering the defensive players from afar.

- Several players are discussing departures after this season. Malzahn is being criticized privately by a handful of players inside the locker room, which isn't uncommon for any program, but the whispers are audible grumbles this season -- and have been for most of the year.

- Several receivers are frustrated with Stidham. Several offensive linemen want to leave if they believe they can be drafted in the middle rounds of the NFL Draft, but inserting my own opinion here, who exactly is going to be drafted from that offensive line?

- Simply put, there's dissension, albeit quiet, but it's growing and it's clouding the thoughts and actions of players at practice and on game days. There's not a player on offense everyone turns to for guidance, and while the offensive line has been an absolute mess, Stidham has done himself no favors in the eyes of the players.

- Malzahn is unaware of these opinions in his own locker room.

Again, that's what's happening in the locker room. I'm just sharing what I've been told by several people. I'm not taking sides and I'm certainly not altering what is being told to me.

My thoughts:

- I'll be surprised if Chip Lindsey doesn't look for a way out after this season.

- Several players will leave the program if something drastic doesn't change with the atmosphere of the program.

- Accountability is an issue. There needs to be more action rather than talk, in the locker room and in the coaches' offices. If anything, there probably actually needs to be an airing of grievances among coaches and players in a team meeting. What's happening now is not constructive and is bordering on cancerous.

Back
Top Bottom