OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Agree to disagree on Murray/Fromm. Murray won games and threw the best back shoulder throw I've seen.

You still not gettin it on Fields...we not saying he needs to start, we know Fromm is the guy now (played like **** til a couple weeks ago tho). We know Fields aint ready, we're saying get him ready. If Jake goes down (like Eason did) guess who's going in the game..that guy that isn't ready. He's good enough to play 2-3 series a game esp if we're up 2 scores. Yall talk like he's Faton Bauta. Let the kid take his lumps and learn from them while it doesnt matter...and as I said, Fromm takes those same stupid sacks and doesnt throw the ball away.

You were hype on Faton Bauta doe

There's always a chance for any coach, but barring something that allows him to be fired "with cause" I doubt it.

They don't have the vast swaths of money like other ppl. If I'm other schools out there though I'm certainly throwing that out there or certainly having certain people do so

They're still in the early stages of Grief. Last year into this year is Denial, and now they're in the Anger stage. Depression will strike if/when the team misses a bowl game or if they get shellacked in said Bowl game or by florida

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis fahqu001 fahqu001 is there any likelihood that FSU may part with Taggart? I don't see any chance of it happening but people keep insisting it's possible and being discussed.

Doubtful. We don’t have the money to part with Willie after one year. And if we do, I wish they were able to find that loot when Jimbo was complaining about the facilities or tried to cut bait with some of his assistance before he walked.

Maybe some assistants from the current team will be sacrificial lambs, but I highly doubt Taggart. Some of them (assistants) seem to be in over their head, too. May be time to part ways with some guys as painful as may be for him personally.

Also, to be fair, it hasn’t even been a full season, much less with his own recruits. Is it scary where we are at the moment? Yes. But they need to give the guy at least 3 seasons before he’s shown the door in my opinion.

Besides, based of his previous tenures, not like he came busting out of the gates at those schools either. Mind you, he has a lot more talent here than there, but it’s also essentially the same team Jimbo went 5-6 with prior to being told he wasnt coaching his last game. In any case, from what I’ve read, Willie is feeling the heat and it’s way more pressure than he expected. Cultural issues are brought up a ton when talking about one of the major issues. Willie’s a nice guy, but it may be time to shoot a few hostages so to speak. I know Frost is getting rid of guys not buying in or have their own agenda. Maybe Taggart could take a page out of his book.

Last edited:
Fans are so unreasonable. Firing a HC after 1 season?

I know Florida State fans must be really frustrated, but calling for Willie's job after one season is just irrational and reactionary. First and foremost, if you're going to fire a coach after his first year and pay huge buyout you better have a good candidate identified. So many fans want coaches fired just to do it.

Who are the really hot coaching prospects this year? Brohm? Bama's OC? Neither of those guys are worth paying huge buyouts for IMO.

Agree to disagree on Murray/Fromm. Murray won games and threw the best back shoulder throw I've seen.

You still not gettin it on Fields...we not saying he needs to start, we know Fromm is the guy now (played like **** til a couple weeks ago tho). We know Fields aint ready, we're saying get him ready. If Jake goes down (like Eason did) guess who's going in the game..that guy that isn't ready. He's good enough to play 2-3 series a game esp if we're up 2 scores. Yall talk like he's Faton Bauta. Let the kid take his lumps and learn from them while it doesnt matter...and as I said, Fromm takes those same stupid sacks and doesnt throw the ball away.

We can agree to disagree on Murray. I believe that Jake Fromm is more talented and has better weapons around him.

We are working to get Justin Fields ready. If you read the reports, he's getting more than his fair share of reps of practice and play well in practice. He's also playing meaningful snaps in games. He just hasn't put it all together yet.

I'm addressing that contingent of Georgia fans who foolishly want Fields to start now when he's clearly not ready yet.

Fromm is more talented then Murrsy. Murray just played in the more wide-open offense that let him be use his weapons vertically. My point is that Georgia has so many blue chip players at skill positions, why are we throwing so many lateral wide receiver screen passes when we have multiple 5 stars receivers with track speed (Hardman and DRob). Aaron Murray's success had more to do with the Georgia ran under Bobo and play calling than a talent advantage over Jake.

Also, no one is saying that Fromm is some unbench mobile quarterback. We're all waiting for the day that Justin Fields can take Jake's spot but what have you seen from Fields the season that indicates that time is coming anytime soon?

When we call run-pass-option plays and even traditional drop back passes, Fields chooses to run every single time. He's the definition of a 1 read and take off quarterback. you still relies way too much on him too that's why his athleticism. He can't get the offense set in time to avoid delay-of-game penalties and he takes horrendous sacks instead of throwing the ball away. honestly, he's fortunate that we have a quarterback like Jake Fromm in front of him so that he can take a year to get acclimated to the college game and make his mistakes in garbage time and not critical points in the game. I don't care who you are, you can't take a 16-yard sack when you have 1st and goal from the 2-yard line.

It's fine that Fields is making these mistakes, he's a true freshman and very few true freshmen are ready to step in and start on top 5 teams. We need to be patient with him, starting him now is it what's best for him or the team.

For all of Jake's limitations, I always know that he gets the simple stuff right. He's not going to get dumb delay-of-game penalties, he can get us into the correct play by making audibles at the line of scrimmage and for the most part he doesn't make any critical mistakes, although he's not perfect.

Nah you tripping ..Fromm is no where near the QB Aaron Murray was. Aaron was far more accurate and the better passer he also made the correct reads and didn’t miss wide open guys. Cardo is 100% right about Fromm he makes his decision pre snap and if it’s not open he misses the open guy and take the sack and don’t throw it away.

Also Fields has had very limited chances to pass the ball I don’t know what games you were looking at but in garbage time the plays being called were run plays because Kirby and **** sympathy for other teams and coaches..Fields took a bad sack last game lets not act like that’s been going on every time he gets on the field because it hasn’t .

I like Fromm but those seniors from last year covered his *** a lot. The play calling for him could be way better but missing wide open guys for TDs has become a weekly thing for him..Aaron isn’t doing that he’s not Murray. Murray under Kirby would have chips.

Nah you tripping ..Fromm is no where near the QB Aaron Murray was. Aaron was far more accurate and the better passer he also made the correct reads and didn’t miss wide open guys. Cardo is 100% right about Fromm he makes his decision pre snap and if it’s not open he misses the open guy and take the sack and don’t throw it away.

Also Fields has had very limited chances to pass the ball I don’t know what games you were looking at but in garbage time the plays being called were run plays because Kirby and **** sympathy for other teams and coaches..Fields took a bad sack last game lets not act like that’s been going on every time he gets on the field because it hasn’t .

I like Fromm but those seniors from last year covered his *** a lot. The play calling for him could be way better but missing wide open guys for TDs has become a weekly thing for him..Aaron isn’t doing that he’s not Murray. Murray under Kirby would have chips.

We can agree to disagree on Fromm. he's not perfect and he benefits from top five talent around him, but he's an elite college quarterback. Fields hasn't shown anything to prove that is even close to Fromm right now.

I know Florida State fans must be really frustrated, but calling for Willie's job after one season is just irrational and reactionary. First and foremost, if you're going to fire a coach after his first year and pay huge buyout you better have a good candidate identified. So many fans want coaches fired just to do it.

Who are the really hot coaching prospects this year? Brohm? Bama's OC? Neither of those guys are worth paying huge buyouts for IMO.

Beyond that, if you’re a coach, you want to go to school that’s going to axe the guy after a season? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

We look like sh*t for sure; however, he doesn’t even have his own guys to run his system yet.

We can agree to disagree on Fromm. he's not perfect and he benefits from top five talent around him, but he's an elite college quarterback. Fields hasn't shown anything to prove that is even close to Fromm right now.

That’s a list without context and would work in argument in which someone hasn’t watched games :lol: ... Especially when we just now started going down field ...a lot of tds/big gains came from Fromm throwing in the flat and the WR getting YAC..easy to have a high QBR when the passes are short completions those list don’t prove anything close to Fromm being on the level of Murray..Murray tore his ACL and was still on the field throwing ropes that’s elite. Fromm is good but not elite.

Jake Fromm will be the most talked about QB in this thread since JDB by the end of next season.

Mike Leach is backdooring with a school. He’s in touch with some school and some of his current assistants get the vibe he’s setting up a jump somewhere but he’s been pretty quiet about it.

Mike Leach is backdooring with a school. He’s in touch with some school and some of his current assistants get the vibe he’s setting up a jump somewhere but he’s been pretty quiet about it.

He was interested in UMD last time, and he was the guy Kevin Plank pushed for during that coaching search IIRC.

Wonder we would be if we gave Leach the job

Wazzu a better job than Maryland at best you can finish in 4th place in that division

Back
Top Bottom