OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

I thought you could practice if you were a blueshirt, you just have to pay your own way until you get put on Scholarship. I could be wrong though

This. Plumlee is a baseball prospect and Kirby don't want to lose a scholly this year if he goes that route. Blue shirting makes his scholly count towards next class

You're right that if the student is on campus/participating prior to the first day of freshmen reporting/classes, the student would have had to pay their own way. It was my understanding that teams don't do that though because they risk the kid being considered a counter for the prior class depending on the type of contact the coaches have with them. (To blueshirt, you can never have been recruited by the team - they can never have had contact with you or family off campus and can't call you on the phone - and some other rules.)

USC has their open summer workouts but the walk ons and blueshirt kids aren't allowed to participate with the coaches present and only take part in the players only sessions.

What're you guys' thoughts on this Tony Franklin/Midd Tenn thing where they have their Center call out the cadences? It seems to lead to a lot of false starts and pre-snap penalties.

What're you guys' thoughts on this Tony Franklin/Midd Tenn thing where they have their Center call out the cadences? It seems to lead to a lot of false starts and pre-snap penalties.

One less thing for the Q to think about. Its interesting. Would like to know more on the mechanics of it, but im sure it could work.

I prefer the Q to be in control of it all though.

Gerard Martinez: “Interesting how he went out of his way to thank Mora's staff and then not mention Chip Kelly at all. Maybe I'm just reading into things.”

This is his way of saying an unspoken part of the reason Jaelan’s leaving the team is Chip.

So the latest rumor on fields is that he's working with the attorney who helped the Ole Miss players gain immediate eligibility. The belief is that he's going to use the racial slurs that the UGA baseball player used against him in order to gain a hardship waiver so he can play next season.

If those racial slurs really impacting Just amazing feel unsafe, then I'm sorry. if this is just a tool he's using in order to hopefully gain immediately eligibility, then bad on him. this is a bad look for him and the University of Georgia.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way for Justin to come back to Georgia. I was holding out hope that he might change his mind but after all these stories, I don't see how he can step foot back on the campus, he was a practice yesterday.

From what I heard is “His QB guy is Haskins same QB guy, and that he loves Ryan Day”

Will probably end up at Oklahoma so Reily can be handed yet another good QB

He has 4 years of eligibility to use. It's not a bad look for him at all. Kid's whole professional future is at stake here, so I can't knock him for wanting to go somewhere that he can play immediately and start next year. Blame the racist baseball player for giving him the out if you think it's such a bad look for the school.

The only upside to this Justin Fields situation is that he made his decision before Early NSD. Hopefully we're able to hold on to this Plumlee kid and offered him a regular scholarship immediately and he doesn't have to blue shirt. Ideally, he be able to enroll early and start getting reps in the spring.

nako xl nako xl Aubrey Solomon's mom told Tom VH (ESPN recruiting guy who used to work for mgoblog) that SC finished second for them in his recruitment.

:lol: I told you that last year, but y'all be roasting me

Is it poor form if I talked about a silent commit on here that isn't supposed to be public knowledge? I can't tell how big or read NT's CFB thread is and wouldn't want to be a jerk leaking a kid's commit widely.

Last edited:
So the latest rumor on fields is that he's working with the attorney who helped the Ole Miss players gain immediate eligibility. The belief is that he's going to use the racial slurs that the UGA baseball player used against him in order to gain a hardship waiver so he can play next season.
If those racial slurs really impacting Just amazing feel unsafe, then I'm sorry. if this is just a tool he's using in order to hopefully gain immediately eligibility, then bad on him. this is a bad look for him and the University of Georgia.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way for Justin to come back to Georgia. I was holding out hope that he might change his mind but after all these stories, I don't see how he can step foot back on the campus, he was a practice yesterday.

Freudian slip? :lol:

It's kinda late in the game, isn't it? He looks like a solid TAMU commit. Is he signing during the early signing period?
The plan was to sign early and enroll in January.

A&M folks said he's been kinda dark the last week or so. Things are obviously changing at Georgia, and it's honestly not a hard sell if they wanted to push.

He's a project, but I love that kid's arm. Live. And he moves pretty well.

Why leave Jimbo who has a history of developing qbs?
Realistically, the situations aren't that different.

At Georgia, he sits behind Fromm for one, maybe two years. Same thing with A&M and Mond. More likely two years with Mond than Fromm. Staying at home and not having to move halfway across the country obviously has its own draw.

It does seem late in the game - but Georgia did offer before he committed to A&M to try and get him to hold off.

Frankly, I'm not convinced he ever gets a chance at A&M. They're highly likely to land Malik Hornsby in 2020 and he looks like a potential Day 1 guy.

Back
Top Bottom