OFFICIAL 2018-2019 NBA SEASON THREAD - HARDEN SCORES 61 @ MSG

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by erupt, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Warriors

52.4%
  2. Rockets

4.3%
  3. Celtics

14.6%
  4. Sixers

5.5%
  5. Raptors

3.0%
  6. Lakers

14.0%
  7. The Field

6.1%
  8. Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

Don’t forget Lonnie Walker soooooooon come

Walker, Derozan, Murray, Forbes, White, :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Defensively we gone be STELLAR next year. We MIGHT make the finals this year. We need another European big man and it’s OVAY

Poertl, we’ll see...

2. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

Y’all lucky Michael Porter ain’t fall to the Spurs. It almost happened.

I still want Thon Maker too. Strictly for length and shot blocking

3. freddy fig

freddy fig

I aint realeyes how big derrick white forrhead was til he put dat bandaid on :lol:

frshstunna likes this.
  4. tyisny

tyisny

SA would be looking funny in the light if they started Tanking while Pop was there. They owe him at least a fighting chance while he finishes up these years.

5. antidope

antidope

We're not beating GSW so idk how we make the Finals.

Pops legacy aside when he retires LMA and Demar will have aged out and we won't have anything to build around. Zero quality picks and it's not like people are kicking down doors to go live in San Antonio.

Back in my younger days I almost took a job for less money just to move to San Antonio. Sometimes I wonder if I should have.

6. whoaitsgee

whoaitsgee

Spurs has no fighting chance though IMO. They're a second round team at best. I know draft is a crap shoot but I felt like it was time for the Spurs to move on from the Pop era. I'd roll the dice for the opportunity to draft Zion than extend a playoff appearance.

7. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

I like Zion too. But he better become an above average shooter. Or we’re just getting another Lonzo, Ben Simmons or.......

Dejuan Blair :lol:

bballkid11 likes this.
  8. tyisny

tyisny

Not a fighting chance in terms of winning a chip, but when a coach has gave you 20 winning seasons in a row, you don't just reward him his last years by trading everyone off & having him coach a tanking squad.

jsindaa, Cashflow and HOU$TON like this.
  9. soychulo

soychulo Moderator Staff Member

Felt like Reddish fell the minute Duke signed the other two.

10. lawdog1

lawdog1

Isn’t DeJuan Blair the guy who had like no cartilage in his knees by the time he got to the NBA...or something like that?

frshstunna likes this.
  11. everysingletime

everysingletime formerly amel223

I don't see RJ Barrett and cam reddish as being top 5 picks

RJ Barrett is high volume, low efficiency and I think his numbers would fall off a cliff on a college team that's less stacked

I haven't been impressed with Reddish.

Zion should go number one. There's no way you pass on so much physical potential. The shooting is a big asterisk but even without the shooting he has a place in the nba. I think his floor if his shooting never materializes is a better Draymond Green. I'm saying I think that's his floor. Time will tell what his ceiling is..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    numbah1grimey likes this.
  12. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

Yeah. He was like 6’6” 275. Not really a high flyer though. He had a handle and was crafty

lawdog1 likes this.
  13. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

He's really the goat coach. He's winning games with this group of funny lookin dusty _'s and LMA and Derozan who are allstar level players but not top 15-20 players.

erupt likes this.
  14. gaiiige

gaiiige

barrett and josh jackson will be doing the spiderman meme pointing at each other next yr

B Sox and numbah1grimey like this.
  15. a-friend

a-friend

DDR is for sure a top20 guy.
    Midrange LMA might be as well.

16. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

Nah. LMA disappear too much and Derozan always been a empty stat dude.

17. a-friend

a-friend

So, you telling me .........actually let me word it different and kick a few folks out of my top20

CP3-gone
    Jimmy Buck- gone
    Klay-Gone
    Dray- Gone
    KAT----meh he can stay
    and I really hate to say it........................
    Simmons- gone

These guys can't be in my top20 anymore.
    Plenty of room for both DDR and LMA

18. Moheezy

Moheezy formerly mizzoe33

Ben Simmons: A guy averaging 16, 9 and 8, one of the best passers in the game and unstoppable in the fast break Ben Simmons? What's wrong with that?Lonzo Ball: Extremely high IQ players with excellent court vision and defensive instincts who also has solid averages (not superstar, but solid)? What's wrong with that?
    Dejaun Blair: This guy had no cartilages in his knees, I don't think this is the best comparison.

If what you are really worried about is NT takes on your player, then absolutely worry lol

19. tyisny

tyisny

again i don't watch college B-Ball, but what are Zion williams skills besides being one of the most physically gifted players ever... Like what does he do well on the court?

I'm not being sarcastic, i'm generally interested.

20. OlDirtyReseller

OlDirtyReseller

Nassir Little might fall out of the top 12-14 for going to NC

21. dacomeup

dacomeup

Comparing Zion and Dejuan Blair :lol:

jsindaa likes this.
  22. everysingletime

everysingletime formerly amel223

He can read passing lanes well for a big and can shoot the gap

He has very good instincts on help defense

If they use him as a big on the nba level I think he'd be able to switch on pick and rolls without being a liability.

He is unselfish and is a better passer than advertised. I think he is a better ballhandler than advertised too.

The only knock on him is really his shooting but he's already better than Ben Simmons at least on that note. He hit 3/4 threes the other night.. I repeat. He hit 3/4 threes the other night.

gaiiige and tyisny like this.
  23. bballkid11

bballkid11

Roy barely wants to play him haha

24. Moheezy

Moheezy formerly mizzoe33

Basically this. He is a high IQ player, but he doesn't really stand out at anything in particular when it comes to skillset. He is a solid, smart overall player with outstanding athletic ability. What should be more telling though is his progression throughout the year rather than who he is right now.

He seems to be a smark, humble kid who works hard and wants to improve and I think that's also huge.

However, he could not have been drafted ahead of the likes of Ben Simmons, College Fultz, KAT, etc...he would not have been a consensus #1 pick in any other year. I feel like he's #1 more because of the lack of competing talent rather than his own.

If your main competition is Barrett (who people are already calling Shabaaz 2.0 and is also more known for his hustle and athletic ability rather than skill), that shows that it will be a light draft.

tyisny likes this.
  25. bballkid11

bballkid11

Ja Morant.

Remember the name

I like Kevin Porter also and Bassey

Barrett is not the goods

Moheezy likes this.