**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name a team that drafted based on potential free agents

any team that has traded future draft picks & young players to clear cap space for marquee FA's is "building their roster" on potential free agents.

Your acting as if i said the only reason Lonzo was drafted before Fox was because he fit better with potential FA's.

1) He was considered the better prospect by most people at the time
2) I would expect that the Lakers also took into account the possibility of landing marquee FA's, which Lonzo would fit better considering he doesn't need to be on ball to effect the game

also How do you bring up Boston, as if the convo the entire season about that team has been how much dysfunction there is in the locker room, and hows a lot of the young guys can't expand their game because of the roles they play

also How do you bring up Boston, as if the convo the entire season about that team has been how much dysfunction there is in the locker room, and hows a lot of the young guys can't expand their game because of the roles they play

Their dysfunction is a product of the young guys reaching success after guys got hurt and not adjusting. There was no sign of dysfunction in October 2017.

"The game isn't the NBA. It's the American racial empire": Let's talk about basketball's white-privilege problem
Dellavedova is white, and that matters. He’s a rare white player in a black league, a league that many media commentators considere to be “full of thugs,” -- an appellation that NFL superstar cornerback Richard Sherman says is the “accepted way of calling somebody the N-word now.” Dellavedova is also a white player in a league searching for white fans, white acceptance and white money. Atlanta Hawks owner Bruce Levenson sold his stake in the team last year after a leaked emailrevealed his worries that the blackness of the sport kept away “white males and corporations.” Dellavedova is also a white man in a country where white men very often get away with what black men cannot (see any number of instances of white violence against black innocents). So some fans are beginning to wonder if a certain white privilege is allowing Dellavedova to elude more serious condemnation for a series of alleged attacks on other players.
https://www.salon.com/2015/06/11/th...lk_about_basketballs_white_privilege_problem/

This is why you can’t have nice things.

I usually don't respond to small things like this because i really don't be feeling like going back to search but **** it

Fox 2.PNG
Fox 1.PNG

Fox 3.PNG

This is just a quick search from google. He was absolutely considered undersized in terms of his body weight & strength. In the same way Ingram was 6'9 entering the league and was considered undersized to guard his position because he wasn't strong enough.

I usually don't respond to small things like this because i really don't be feeling like going back to search but **** it

Fox 2.PNG
Fox 1.PNG

Fox 3.PNG

This is just a quick search from google. He was absolutely considered undersized in terms of his body weight & strength. In the same way Ingram was 6'9 entering the league and was considered undersized to guard his position because he wasn't strong enough.

Skinny =/= undersized

And we see how that works when people put too much credence into frame for wing players and guards (KD, Ingram, Trae, Fox.) kids don’t even have their ball bodies yet, that stuff shouldn’t worry you.

If you passed on Fox because or any of these guys because they are skinny, well bless your heart

Their dysfunction is a product of the young guys reaching success after guys got hurt and not adjusting. There was no sign of dysfunction in October 2017.

Mayne because Gordon Heyward wasn't there eating up minutes from Tatum, Brown & Rozier to an extent. The Roles have changed up, the young guys think they should be doing more, and their not getting the same opportunity... now there's dysfunction.

Fox has been loud this entire time about being a competitor and playing with a chip on his shoulder... you honestly gonna sit here and tell me he develops the same being a third/fourth option? Fox's usage rate was damn near 10 points higher than Zo's last year & this year

It's clear as day that he would not develop the same he did in Sacramento if he's in L.A instead.

Nah, he can’t get a job because when Kerr took over, the warriors became one of the best teams in league history.

Just like with the bucks. I don’t see how Kidd ever gets another coaching job.
You crazy people already saying after this Luke is going to get another coaching job. Even before LeBron his rotations were garbage and playcalling.
Jason Kidd isn't a good head coach.
I beg to differ in today's NBA he is a good coach, long gone are the days of numerous great coaches. I think the coaching level has been watered down so much over the years. They like to rely on analytics to much instead of just having experience or having a gut feeling.

Jazz owner just look like she be using the "er" around her friends.

Skinny =/= undersized

And we see how that works when people put too much credence into frame for wing players and guards (KD, Ingram, Trae, Fox.) kids don’t even have their ball bodies yet, that stuff shouldn’t worry you.

If you passed on Fox because or any of these guys because they are skinny, well bless your heart

If there are concerns that you can't guard your position due to a lack of strength & wait... then yes he was undersized man :lol:

also nowhere did i state that they passed on him solely because of that, nor did i say anyone should.

There was a mixture of reasons, which w/o hindsight, nobody would blame the Lakers for those reasons.

Fox has been loud this entire time about being a competitor and playing with a chip on his shoulder... you honestly gonna sit here and tell me he develops the same being a third/fourth option? Fox's usage rate was damn near 10 points higher than Zo's last year & this yea

LONZO IS LOW USAGE BECAUSE HE CANT SCORE IN THE HALF COURT. Y’all caping for a low usage player with 30/30/40 splits is wild.

Fox/ingram/ Kuz would have been feeding off each other. How many less pull up jumpers would ingram have to create in the half court in late shot clock situations? And why would Fox defer to players he’s better than/ equal to.

You can die on that lonzo hill all you want. And to add to the skinny knock, Fox has been healthy all while weighing 20lbs less than Ball who hasn’t played 100 games

More complaining...
LeBron James on NBA team ownership: ‘I’m going to do that s—t’
Speaking to The Athletic’s Joe Vardon, James said that he is absolutely going to make team ownership happen once he has retired.

“Ain’t no maybe about it, I’m going to do that ****,” James told Vardon.

Meanwhile, Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson thinks James would be good for the game.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/02/15/lebron-james-on-nba-team-ownership-im-going-to-do-that-s-t/

I beg to differ in today's NBA he is a good coach, long gone are the days of numerous great coaches. I think the coaching level has been watered down so much over the years. They like to rely on analytics to much instead of just having experience or having a gut feeling.

Kidd didn’t want us shooting 3’s and allowed 3’s in defense by choice in today’s NBA

Idk I seen someone get mad at Mitchell and now the owner for voicing their displeasure with these dumbass racist fans
I don't know if you are referring to me, I wasn't upset I was disappointed. Rather not get into it again because thread really went to the left, with posts getting deleted.
:lol: She says nothing, yall would throw a fit. She stands up in front of 20k people and condemns that ****, and yall aren't happy.

Donovan Mitchell ain't speak up soon enough.

Some of yall are just flat out insufferable.
I'm not mad she said anything, and I wouldn't be mad if she said nothing. I think the majority are just mentioning that you come out and say something yet the story around that team has been going on for YEARS. Hey you want to make a change or you guys aren't racist cool, however we can be skeptical of words with no actions.
Speak your mind.

Meth is just a white man with a black wife. Why are y’all afraid of him
You love just going right up to the line don't you. :smh:. Love the new avi what anime is that from?

More complaining...
LeBron James on NBA team ownership: ‘I’m going to do that s—t’
Speaking to The Athletic’s Joe Vardon, James said that he is absolutely going to make team ownership happen once he has retired.

“Ain’t no maybe about it, I’m going to do that ****,” James told Vardon.

Meanwhile, Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson thinks James would be good for the game.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/02/15/lebron-james-on-nba-team-ownership-im-going-to-do-that-s-t/
can't wait for this to happen too lol

LONZO IS LOW USAGE BECAUSE HE CANT SCORE IN THE HALF COURT. Y’all caping for a low usage player with 30/30/40 splits is wild.

Fox/ingram/ Kuz would have been feeding off each other. How many less pull up jumpers would ingram have to create in the half court in late shot clock situations? And why would Fox defer to players he’s better than/ equal to.

You can die on that lonzo hill all you want. And to add to the skinny knock, Fox has been healthy all while weighing 20lbs less than Ball who hasn’t played 100 games

Bro Your legit arguing nothing right now, nowhere did i bash fox, no where did i say him coming in skinny was a detriment...

My only point is that on the night of the Draft.... Lonzo's skillset was better suited to play on the team the Lakers were trying to construct going forward (which consisted of bringing in two ball dominate guys on top of having Ingram), that is ALL i've been arguing.

Ya'll wanna rip down the Lakers young players so bad that ya'll don't use common sense :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom