**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you a question. NBA players are being subjected to abuse from fans, fans that think that they are entitled to be able to do so. Do you think that it is right?
There are racist and sexist taunts being directed at the players, some of whom you may be a fan of. How do you feel about that?
I feel that you should take this to General

@soychulo fam I'll Cash App you $200 today if you can get this dude clipped.
Yoooooo

That's fair - but is there really anything she could've said yesterday that would've been appropriate or enough? She had to say something, but none of it was going to mean anything.

Nothing said or spoken in Utah is going to matter until actions force change. Banning fans is a start - but that's probably going to take years.

It's really not about what she could've said. This has been a real issue in Utah for over decade at least. Players have been speaking up about it. The organization know this. The only difference now is social media made it so hot the Jazz was forced to take some action. Then to say the community is not racist? Like cmon we know the stories.

I do not mean any disrespect toward any of the mods here. I am sure that some of you cats are cool. But just like with the fat white chick who called the cops on the Black people BBQ'in in the parks, these dudes here want to determine who is accepted here, then who can say what. If it is someone who is Black, then not accepting the slights against Black people, then they want to make another thread, so that they can ignore it or have the person banned. I personally am tired of turning the other cheek, as these racist should not be as comfortable as they are, anywhere.

Ehhhh in a 98% white city, what does racism look like to an old white person?

FGJfkx4-kh8j1n2_22WDUJ9xtynlSX8PUzd9FI4EUAw.png

I feel that you should take this to General

Yoooooo
The offender will simply ignore it. They do not want to be confronted with their bigotry. They want to be able to call LeBron a woman, as if that is a bad thing, and they want to be able to say that Black people are complaining if they speak about issues facing our community. These Black athletes are OUR community, and the way that some of these guys speak on them, is despicable.

I'm done with it. Took the bait - shoulda hit ignore days ago.

Sidenote - there's new Oreos? Why would you want anything other than the original double stuffed?

I'm done with it. Dude felt like he had a point to make and he tried. Triggered me and that's on me.
dawg there's like a quadruple stuffed now :lol:

**** is like 300 calories PER COOKIE lmaooo

I get that but at the same time I don’t expect anything different from one of the least diverse states in the country.

I didn’t listen to the owners speech but I don’t know the context of her saying “we aren’t racist.” Was it a declaration to the country or telling the fans we can be better?

How do I mute someone. I’m tired of the side convos. This is the NBA THREAD. I come here to escape all of the political talk.

It's really not about what she could've said. This has been a real issue in Utah for over decade at least. Players have been speaking up about it. The organization know this. The only difference now is social media made it so hot the Jazz was forced to take some action. Then to say the community is not racist? Like cmon we know the stories.
I kinda look at it like the issues the Mavs had in their business offices though.

Should she have known about it and acted sooner? Absolutely. Does she seem like she's laser-focused and dialed into what's going on with that franchise? Probably not. She's just the name on the deed. I don't know this to be true, but I'd guess she's not at every game and isn't dialed into what's going on.

People stay oblivious to **** they don't encounter daily. It ain't right it took this to spark change... But at least something is finally being done.
dawg there's like a quadruple stuffed now :lol:

**** is like 300 calories PER COOKIE lmaooo
... :nerd:

I might needa stop letting my wife do all the grocery shopping via ClickList. :lol:

I don't know dude but

"She says nothing, yall would throw a fit. She stands up in front of 20k people and condemns that ****, and yall aren't happy."

Coming from a white dude ain't cool. You don't get to decide what is or isn't enough or how black folks should respond to some PC statement from the owner. I'm not telling asians or lations or any other group of people how they should feel when they get offended, ESPECIALLY if I'm part of the offending community. That **** reeks of "Get over it".
:smokin

I get that but at the same time I don’t expect anything different from one of the least diverse states in the country.

I didn’t listen to the owners speech but I don’t know the context of her saying “we aren’t racist.” Was it a declaration to the country or telling the fans we can be better?

She singled that one fan out like it was the first time it's ever happened. So it definitely sound it was "he's racist but nobody else". To make the fans feel better. It's obvious the PR team wrote that to please "both sides".

"This should never happen. We are not a racist community."

It's like when Mart Walshy and Charlie Baker said "we're better than this. This is not who we are as a city" when Adam Jones had racial remarks yelled to him at a Red Sox game.

Michael Smith the only one who got it right from what I remember.

ESPN “SC6” co-host Michael Smith had a strong reaction Tuesday to a group of Boston Red Sox fans using racial slurs towards Baltimore Orioles center fielder Adam Jones Monday night with one fan throwing peanuts at him.

Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA) and Boston Mayor Marty Walsh both apologized and shot down any notion that Boston is a racist city, but Smith refused to accept their apologies.

“If you are a city in America, you are a racist city,” Smith stated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom