Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

How have there been zero updates on KP?

Mans even stopped making YouTube videos.

Getting kinda concerned not gonna lie. Dude isn't even up taking shots in the pre games. Could easily be out another year at this rate.

Dolan has been pretty much invisible the last few years & isn't afraid to spend money.

Am I crazy in thinking a new owner wouldn't be the best thing?

Dolan has been pretty much invisible the last few years & isn't afraid to spend money.

I was just thinking that as well. Now that he’s taken his hand out the cookie jar, I don’t want someone else coming in and shaking it up again.

nope, you're not. I was thinking the same but then thought he might be hands off to see if they can actually amount to something so he could sell.

However, I dont see anyone buying the Knicks being stingy, its ****ing NYC. They are going to spend money.

Getting kinda concerned not gonna lie. Dude isn't even up taking shots in the pre games. Could easily be out another year at this rate.
Talk about overreacting.

This some vintage sky is falling Knicks fan posting right here.

Yes

I wonder how it would work though.

Ain't the Knicks, Rangers and the MSG all owned by Dolan or his corporation? I havent looked into it, but if he was to sell the Knicks how will everything else work?

as far as I know msg is a publicly traded company that includes the knicks, rangers, and the entertainment business based at madison square garden and radio city. Even as CEO and majority shareholder, he still has a duty to shareholders to say he will always put their interests first, even if he doesn’t want to sell the team.

If he says, I’ll never sell no matter what, he will be sued by, or come under fire from shareholders. Imagine u own a stake in a business and ur friend who owns most of it says, even if they give me 5 billion i won’t sell the business bc me and my family love owning and operating it. You’d sue him. And he’d be an idiot for telling a journalist that. So this is a lot of noise from sports reporters who don’t know anything about businesses.

In terms of how a potential sale would work, any business can divest any assets. So long as everything is done with due diligence- mainly that they don’t accept an offer well below what’s perceived to be market value, shareholders would not try to block a deal. That being said, this is much ado about nothing, he gave a pc answer that every majority shareholder and ceo in america would

Back
Top Bottom