Official 2018-2019 NYK season thread

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by pr0phecy718, Sep 24, 2018.

  1. nickmaz96

    nickmaz96

    58,430
    41,331
    Joined
    Dec 27, 2012
    They keep it if it's in the top 5. Goes to ATL otherwise.
     
  2. ballinsam23

    ballinsam23

    17,576
    5,461
    Joined
    Jul 14, 2005
    If the Mavs jump into the top 5 (37% chance at a top 4 pick at their current position!) and we strike out in free agency :sick::sick::sick:
     
    Wargames and nickmaz96 like this.
  3. njavier03

    njavier03

    8,729
    3,155
    Joined
    Dec 8, 2006
    Ah, I forgot the protection.
     
  4. Master Zik

    Master Zik

    64,173
    16,494
    Joined
    Nov 21, 2007
    Real talk, this is such a Knick type move especially if we get the #1 pick.

    Deep down that's a Knicks wish. More misery, more pain.

    Also

    "We're celebrating Uzbekistan heritage tonight at MSG as the Knicks host the Dallas Mavericks...."
     
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  5. don ramon

    don ramon

    24,794
    8,141
    Joined
    Jul 18, 2012
    mavs definitely trynna encroach
     
  6. Mister Meaner

    Mister Meaner formerly super producer j

    11,776
    2,629
    Joined
    Mar 25, 2007
    But KP don't like losing so :rolleyes
     
    harlemtothebronx likes this.
  7. johnnyredstorm

    johnnyredstorm

    66,843
    12,743
    Joined
    Apr 5, 2008
    He’s a cancer who destroyed every ounce of chemistry they had that one year they went to the playoffs. Dude is worse than Carmelo.
     
  8. harlemtothebronx

    harlemtothebronx

    37,223
    13,024
    Joined
    Dec 26, 2003
    I really hope for the worst for the Mavs.

    Just to see them give away a truckload of lottery picks.
     
  9. keko jones

    keko jones

    14,211
    8,249
    Joined
    Jun 15, 2013
    How bout them Jets though ... :blush:
     
    jordan23les likes this.
  10. dmvisrnb

    dmvisrnb

    1,185
    968
    Joined
    Jul 30, 2012
    Damn yall are depressing AF >D

    How we gonna get a top pick with the entire fanbase basically predicting and asking for a bad pick? I know many probably don't believe in the Law of Attraction, but that **** is real :lol:. I'm confident things are gonna change for the Knicks but not if we don't start acting like it...
     
  11. donewithjs

    donewithjs

    3,978
    2,110
    Joined
    Jan 2, 2014
    :lol::lol::rofl:
     
  12. |A-Man|

    |A-Man| formerly atgd7154xbbxmz

    17,463
    2,038
    Joined
    Jan 5, 2011
    I'll start acting like it when things actually change.
     
    squatchnt and ihust1e like this.
  13. 8pm at msg

    8pm at msg

    18,000
    3,792
    Joined
    Oct 18, 2011
    We had our draft pick for consecutive years, that’s a big change :lol:
     
  14. throwback1718

    throwback1718

    5,495
    602
    Joined
    May 1, 2005
    I thought with the worst record the lowest we get is a #5 ?
     
  15. keko jones

    keko jones

    14,211
    8,249
    Joined
    Jun 15, 2013
    Yes, thus the % would be higher because it is a guaranteed spot at worst. People just equate that to highest chance.

    Not sure what kind of math is that, so I just let it be.
     
    naijaboy and air pope like this.
  16. nickmaz96

    nickmaz96

    58,430
    41,331
    Joined
    Dec 27, 2012
    I hope we finish as the #1 slot. Can't afford to fall out of the top 5.
     
    air pope likes this.
  17. you go boy

    you go boy

    17,169
    4,277
    Joined
    Aug 11, 2003
    thats a good sign but they dont know how to draft guys with that pick... look at frank
     
    the 718 truth likes this.
  18. keko jones

    keko jones

    14,211
    8,249
    Joined
    Jun 15, 2013
    Look at KP. That's 50 50
     
    air pope likes this.
  19. air pope

    air pope

    8,213
    3,296
    Joined
    Mar 17, 2014
    Dudes just wanna complain man :lol:
     
  20. njavier03

    njavier03

    8,729
    3,155
    Joined
    Dec 8, 2006
    :lol: y’all still don’t understand the chart or how probability works

    If the worst record has a 14% chance at #1, 13.4% chance at #2, 12.7% chance at #3, 12% chance at #4, and is guaranteed a top 5 pick, then what is the chance of getting #5?

    100 - 14 - 13.4 - 12.7 - 12 = 47.9%

    Therefore, the worst record has the highest percentage chance at getting #5

    Technically, ANY team in the lottery can end up with #1
     
    harlemtothebronx likes this.
  21. air pope

    air pope

    8,213
    3,296
    Joined
    Mar 17, 2014
    It’s really simple math :lol:
     
    floodarea and harlemtothebronx like this.
  22. donewithjs

    donewithjs

    3,978
    2,110
    Joined
    Jan 2, 2014
    There is no way any big names are coming here with this wacko as the owner.

     
    the 718 truth and Coupé It like this.
  23. keko jones

    keko jones

    14,211
    8,249
    Joined
    Jun 15, 2013
    Exactly, they have a 52.1% chance to land a top 4 and the very worst 47.9% 5th spot.

    The funny part is that at the 2nd and 3rd spot they have the same exact odds at the top 3 picks only difference is they can end up with 6 and 7th.

    So why exactly do you not want the worst record?

    Again is guaranteeing a 5th pick ...

    Simple math.
     
    naijaboy likes this.
  24. njavier03

    njavier03

    8,729
    3,155
    Joined
    Dec 8, 2006
    Bc were the Knicks and we’ll end up with the 5th pick. It’s easier to accept the 5th pick if we finished 2nd to last.
     
  25. floodarea

    floodarea

    12,449
    7,944
    Joined
    Apr 14, 2016
    For reference
     
    Coupé It likes this.