Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

I'm hoping Theo doesn't go crazy and just let's Maddon keep going, but I know everyone wants him out. Girardi or Ross are my guesses. Maybe I'm wrong and Theo goes hunting for someone analytical and less Gut feel.

It'll more than likely be Ross. Or another young analytical dude.

Per my guy (Assistant Hitting Coaches) inside the cubs on the staff it's already a foregone conclusion that they are letting Maddon go. I know because he's going to be out of a job himself and he's already planning what's next for himself.

Also would expect moves made to the roster, and don't rule out a KB trade.

Welp......what a way for the season to end. We were on fire, and then completely fell apart and right now have lost NINE in a row. :wow: :smh:

Some good news, it sounds like Darvish will not opt out, he has 4/81 left on his deal, hopefully he stays. He was outstanding this year.

We are suddenly looking at a top 15-16 pick in the Draft this year. :lol:

Not a great close, but did win 2 of 3 in STL.

Looks like we'll have the 16th pick or so in the draft.

1569866578556.png

6 WAR pace for Castellanos over a full year. :wow:

WAY too many at bats for Almora and Descalso for such little production. They should have brought Happ back sooner.

Don't like the early sounds of it, but it appears that once again we will not be spending much money this offseason. :smh:

Also being considered, a swap of sorts. Say we DO spend, like a big name like Rendon, then they flip of that would be we could try to trade Bryant, locking down the same spot, but bringing in 3-4 other young pieces to go along with Rendon.
Same rumor but for catcher, sign Grandal, and then flip Contreras for 2-3 valuable pieces.

We'll see, but for now, sounds like trades moreso than free agency will be our outlook this winter.

Don't like the early sounds of it, but it appears that once again we will not be spending much money this offseason. :smh:

Also being considered, a swap of sorts. Say we DO spend, like a big name like Rendon, then they flip of that would be we could try to trade Bryant, locking down the same spot, but bringing in 3-4 other young pieces to go along with Rendon.
Same rumor but for catcher, sign Grandal, and then flip Contreras for 2-3 valuable pieces.

We'll see, but for now, sounds like trades moreso than free agency will be our outlook this winter.

1-2 players from our core will be moved this offseason. time to shake things up a little bit.

Well, strangest offseason/spring training in history. :lol:

Covid-19 has killed my hopes for the season, and here we are, season still hasn't started and the draft is tonight....... :lol:

So, I guess the good news is we'll get a nice new prospect at 16, with no Minor League System to use. Alas.....

assuming there is a season, there's talk about an expanded Arizona Fall League... Interesting HS pick by the Cubs, cool to see a local kid get picked.

Cubs select SS Ed Howard, 18 years old, 6-2 185 lbs, bats and throws right handed.

Interesting they go that route over a 21-22 year old college bat.

But, scouts love him, hope we have a Minors someday so we can find out.

Helluva start for the Ross era 9-2!
Pen looking shaky as ever and Kimbrel is rancid out there on the mound anytime he comes up.

Lets keep rolling and stay healthy!

60 game season, we're 25% into the season, 12-3, with a 5.5 game lead. :wow:

Rizzo and Bryant both homer today. :pimp:

Indians had not allowed 4 runs in a game yet this season, we put up 7 back to back nights.

Starting pitching still on fire, now bullpen starting to settle in a lil bit.

Incredible start.

Yu had a no-no in the 7th, Cubs shut down the Brewers 4-2. Schwarber bomb, and quietly......Ian Happ. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom