Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Schwarber another leadoff homerun.

Down 6-1 early, we claw back to win 9-7.

Kimbrel the save. :pimp: Hit 98 a couple times too.

Javy/Contreras named All Star starters.

We suck right now. All phases. Guys are starting to question it now. If we dont make a run after the All star break then we have no hope.

^ especially with this Garcia kid they called up. Looks very promising so far.

Halfway point. Hopefully a better 2nd half awaits us.

Was at the game yesterday. Only time Comiskey gets filled

49673EC8-4D00-4399-B9E5-177A597CFD8A.jpeg

My bad, been overly focused on the Lakers and the NBA off-season. :lol:

We hit the All-Star break in first place, limping, but got there. We've won the first two after the break, now 4 out of 5 goin back before the break.

Today was somethin. Cubs scored 7 in the first inning. :wow:
Lester with the W, a 2-run single and a solo homer. :lol:

Hamels and Edwards should be back soon, and still hope for Zobrist/Morrow as well. Even getting just 2-3 of these guys would be huge.

Jason Heyward's numbers this year.... :nerd:

Would like to sweep Pitt tomorrow for a true great start out of the break.

And we did just that. :pimp:

Heyward with a go ahead 2-run homer, and Almora and Schwarber went back to back as we swept Pitt 8-3. Quintana with another solid start.

Home run leaders so far...... :lol:
Baez 22
Rizzo 19
Schwarber 19
Contreras 19
Bryant 18
Heyward 15

Obviously a weird year with the baseballs, but good to see nonetheless.

We blew the first game vs the Reds (Jesus they've owned us this year)

But we came back last night with Schwarber hitting the walk off in the 10th. :smokin

Contreras to the IL for 10 days, with that, we traded Montgomery to the Royals for C Martin Maldonado. He can't hit for **** but he's a solid framer/receiver.

Already preparing for Bears and fantasy football. Theo can't fix and created this mess. I can't invest emotion on this team that's consistently pissing me off. I'm in wait until next year mode. Conceding that this team isn't good enough especially on the road. At Wrigley we're world beaters but sadly that's not enough.

Been a rough few days, but the trade deadline was productive.

Cubs bring in OF Nick Castellanos, 27, who CRUSHES lefties. We also added to the pen with David Phelps and Derek Holland, as well as a contact 2B in Tony Kemp.

Sadly, we traded away Carl Edwards Jr. :frown: Both pitchers in the 10th inning of Game 7 have been dealt the last few weeks. :frown:

Still, Theo plugged the holes we had, now have to hope the team pulls it together.

Cubs do the 3, 3, 3, vs the Brewers, Cards, and Brewers again and go 5-4 including a 3 game sweep of the Brewers this weekend. :pimp:

Sadly, Contreras goes down with a groin or a hamstring. :frown:

Cub pitchers struck out 15 yesterday with ZERO walks. First time since 1905. :wow:

Rizzo 4 hits, Heyward a leadoff bomb, and Schwarber a bomb of his own.

Now a 1.5 game lead. Need to keep it going until we can get Contreras back.

Zobrist is also down in the minors working on getting back for Sept-Oct.

BIG win last night, but costly to a point.

Castellanos started us off right with his first homer for the Cubs, an oppo shot. But the A's countered with a two run shot of their own, but Javy tied it with a deeeep bomb, and at 2-2, Happ pinch hit and hit a MASSIVE 474 foot bomb to break the tie, then Castellanos added an RBI double, and Javy added a 2-run blast for a 6-2 lead. Cishek came in and gave up 3 runs in 4 batters. :smh: (he's gassed) Then Kinzler came in, and felt a twinge in his pec. :smh: We're a mash unit right now. :lol:

But, somehow we held on, and the Cards lost again. :pimp: 2.5 up. But we need some bodies back or we're going to have some problems real soon.

Lester got rocked in game 2, but then Q shut the A's down in the 3rd game to give us a series win and 5-1 homestand.

Happ an oppo Grand Slam, our 8th GS of the year.
Baez had two rbi singles.

Schwarber added a 3-run oppo shot, and Caratini a solo blast to Center. 10-1 win.

Tonight in Cincy, Castellanos with two homers, Happ another bomb, and a 12-7 win.

:pimp:

One of the worst losses they’ve had in a long time. Totally wasted an amazing start by Yu. Bote playing ss today, just eesh all around.

I've been hella slackin. :lol:

We've been up and down all year, no more than this week. Swept, at home, vs the Nats. Then go on the road, at the Mets, vs Stroman, Thor, deGrom, and sweep them, without Rizzo. :wow: :lol:

Nick Castellanos :pimp: Dude is RAKING.

As I type, Nick hits a 2-run homer in the first to open the series vs the Brewers.

Zobrist will be back on Sunday. :pimp:

Contreras back sometime next week or so. Rizzo hopefully sometime this weekend.

Cubs put up 10 on Thor, and then Caratini hits two homers vs deGrom.

Rumors about trying to trade Bryant in the offseason, but sign Baez to a long term deal. Iono......If we signed Rendon and Gerrit Cole, and traded Bryant for 3-4 prospects MAYBE I could see it, but at the same time, if we were lucky enough to pull both Rendon and Cole, keeping Bryant with that group makes the most sense for 2020-21 anyways, no?

was coming in this thread since MLB thread somewhat dead to say your guys pick up of Nick has been awesome

reminds me of the pick up of Dickerson for the phillies.. awesome deadline pickups

Back
Top Bottom