OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like Atlsfinest said, #1 class followed by #3 class.. all those guys that left will be easily replaced except for Roquan. Those other guys (Zo Carter, Bellamy, Dom Sanders, Trent etc) already had backups taking damn near half the snaps from them game 1-15 and they were producing. Our secondary was suspect all year except for Deandre Baker (he didn't allow a TD all season, 305 dawg :wink:) and he came back. JR Reed (SS) came back and Richard LeCounte will take over FS, so the young guys coming in (Tyson Campbell) should make an immediate impact and be an upgrade at the other CB spot that we had 5'8 Malkom Parrish getting roasted all year at.

2018 we'll compete for the title again, 2019 we'll be dominant. #DawgDynasty

We're winning the SEC again this season. That's my expectation.

Ladson to Clemson.

No surprise

They also got Taisun P. Can't say I understand the kids rationale. Once Howell committed, CBs went from 100% FSU, to like 75% Clemson, then committed to Tigers. But they have probably 4 guys that could possible start. I could understood him going to a place where he was gonna get PT because of Howell, but Clemson? Probably gonna be buried on the depth chart for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if he changes his mind and goes to PSU or somewhere else.

He'll be Clemson's only QB this class though. Plus Dabo is definitely selling him on his Watson success. Makes perfect sense. :lol:

Miami seemed to be fighting an uphill battle for Ladson for a while smh. Clemson put in work there.

Lucas finally went public too I see.

He'll be Clemson's only QB this class though. Plus Dabo is definitely selling him on his Watson success. Makes perfect sense. :lol:

Miami seemed to be fighting an uphill battle for Ladson for a while smh. Clemson put in work there.

Lucas finally went public too I see.

Meh. Redshirting could stagger him other places, too, which he's probably going to get at Clemson. Maybe he turns into something, but he's got probably at least 3 years a backup. Probably a few other places he could go that are good programs to get some burn. Just don't see him staying committed to the Tigers. At the end of the day, it's his life/decision, just feel that's some really tough sledding at Clemson.

This is a weak QB class nationally. Don't think the kid would be ready for early playing time regardless. Think depending on him or Howell to play early wouldn't be the best move. Don't fault the kid for going to a system that fits his attributes and a coach that has proven that he can develop them (not saying that Tagg hasn't). How often do QBs flip? Usually only when pushed out or coaching change for high profile QBs. Definitely don't know anything on the inside but I wouldn't bet on a kid that Clemson had as their 1A or 1B target flipping.

This is a weak QB class nationally. Don't think the kid would be ready for early playing time regardless. Think depending on him or Howell to play early wouldn't be the best move. Don't fault the kid for going to a system that fits his attributes and a coach that has proven that he can develop them (not saying that Tagg hasn't). How often do QBs flip? Usually only when pushed out or coaching change for high profile QBs. Definitely don't know anything on the inside but I wouldn't bet on a kid that Clemson had as their 1A or 1B target flipping.

All the more reason not go to Clemson if the class is weak. We all know there are no Justin Fields or Trevor Lawerences this go around. However, I'm sure there are plenty of other quality schools where a system would be compatible for his skillset. His life, he's free to do what he wants, but the kid was pretty much 100% CB'd to FSU till Howell committed. That said, that was more than likely the crux of his decision, not the system. Think I'd take my chances battling Sam for PT than Trevor Lawerence and co. I'm sure that played into Howell's decision making, too. He was 100% CB'd to Clemson up until a day or two before he committed. He pulled the trigger first, so now the roles are reversed. Hell, the way Frenchy has been acting, who knows if he'll get the boot in the near future for being an idiot again or transfer himself. Especially if Blackman is named the starter. If he sticks with Clemson, no skin off my back, but still doesn't make much sense to me. At the end of the day, it also doesn't have to, only needs to satisfy him and his family.

And as a side note, how y'all's teams fairing with the commitments today? Nice to see a little buzz/action.

Last edited:
I think you’re giving too much credence to 247 CB %s. They’re not always based on any real intel.

I think you’re giving too much credence to 247 CB %s. They’re not always based on any real intel.

Didn't say they were. But the script completely flipped based off of Howell's commitment. There was a relationship with Walt Belt for both kids. And I believe he was the first to extend D1 offer for both of them as well. What also holds true is that no sooner that the CBs trending a flip started flowing in, so did the kid; talking a matter of days. If Howell doesn't commit, I would put have money up that Taisun would have committed to FSU. Never thought he was going to commit once Howell pulled the trigger anyway; felt that ship sailed once the Tweet went out.

Last edited:
I mean, it's obvious that Howell committing made him go elsewhere. :lol: I don't know what else there is to say. Kid probably just didn't want to be in a 2 QB class. Dabo selling him on being 'his guy' for the class probably sealed it.

I mean, it's obvious that Howell committing made him go elsewhere. :lol: I don't know what else there is to say. Kid probably just didn't want to be in a 2 QB class. Dabo selling him on being 'his guy' for the class probably sealed it.

I hear ya. I'm not hatin' at all. Whatever they're selling at Clemson is good stuff. Certainly a place I'd consider if I was a kid and talented enough. The thing that always made me wonder is, it's nice to say "you're the guy for the class," but the reality is someone can come in the following year as a True Freshman and you're RS Frosh and you're back to square one, or in an even worse position. That Clemson train, particularly with QB recruits doesn't look like it's slowing down either. You can pretty much be guaranteed another Blue Chipper will be there in '20 also.

5335357D-B326-4838-8212-7C0675DEF070.png
A38FF122-6D55-4A42-B58B-C98FAA7F1B50.png
8AB3DC0C-1B0F-409B-955E-F639AE88E477.png
65B2C5DA-B33B-4629-B1D3-B4F8FC2F0CBB.png
26E2ED2A-B5C4-44A3-B122-48E10462EF19.png

Pretty much lol

Once Howell popped I figured it was over w/ Taisun & Jayden Daniels. Would love to land 2 of those 3 but it was a long shot. Better chance at the kid from IMG

Back
Top Bottom