Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
20201112_155805.jpg
20201112_155809.jpg

20201112_155820.jpg

I knew mookie wouldn't get it but I'm still disappointed.

Our team had the numbers, he had the numbers...smh

I knew mookie wouldn't get it but I'm still disappointed.

Our team had the numbers, he had the numbers...smh

Mister Cartoon championship card was $20 I think? I forgot, but I bought it the same time as the Ben Baller Championship box.

As for NL MVP, Freddie balled the eff out and deserved that thing. Knew Mook wasn't winning because MVP voting is still heavily steered toward offensive numbers, which Freddie's were just that much better. Would've been interesting to see how things played out over 162, but that could be said about everything this past season. This won't be Mookie's last chance, he's solidified himself as a Top 3 player currently and he'll be essentially playing out the rest of his career on house money, having fun, and winning. I mean damn, he already has an MVP and 2 World Series rings as a damn 28-year-old who is still in his prime.

The thing I'm really mad about is how Mookie only got 21 2nd place votes. Like come on...

Fansedge finally took restrictions off most of the Dodgers/Lakers champ gear. Time to load up with that 30% off code.

Mister Cartoon championship card was $20 I think? I forgot, but I bought it the same time as the Ben Baller Championship box.

As for NL MVP, Freddie balled the eff out and deserved that thing. Knew Mook wasn't winning because MVP voting is still heavily steered toward offensive numbers, which Freddie's were just that much better. Would've been interesting to see how things played out over 162, but that could be said about everything this past season. This won't be Mookie's last chance, he's solidified himself as a Top 3 player currently and he'll be essentially playing out the rest of his career on house money, having fun, and winning. I mean damn, he already has an MVP and 2 World Series rings as a damn 28-year-old who is still in his prime.

The thing I'm really mad about is how Mookie only got 21 2nd place votes. Like come on...

Stopped collecting cards as a kid during the 94 strike basically, but I'd be interested in a team set this year. I saw that Panini (which wasn't even a thing when I was collecting lol) did like an easily purchased Lakers set for like $30 that even hit Fanatics. Any idea if they are doing that for the Dodgers?

When is that vin scully extra 23 hour blu ray getting released I don’t want to order the wrong one.

Stopped collecting cards as a kid during the 94 strike basically, but I'd be interested in a team set this year. I saw that Panini (which wasn't even a thing when I was collecting lol) did like an easily purchased Lakers set for like $30 that even hit Fanatics. Any idea if they are doing that for the Dodgers?

The only team set I’ve seen sold at retail level was Ben Baller’s Championship Topps set. Panini doesn’t have a license with MLB so they can’t produce anything with team logos, but I guess if they wanted to they can just have something with the players and sell it as “Champions Set.”

In regards to cards, I think I’m stopping after this year. It was fun building a Dodgers chrome set, especially because they ended up winning the whole thing, but cards like any hobby just gets pricey. One of the only cards I’m missing for my Chrome set is a dual card with Gavin Lux’ and Dustin May’s autographs, not even sure it’s going for less than $400 anywhere and there’s only 25 of them made.

The only team set I’ve seen sold at retail level was Ben Baller’s Championship Topps set. Panini doesn’t have a license with MLB so they can’t produce anything with team logos, but I guess if they wanted to they can just have something with the players and sell it as “Champions Set.”

In regards to cards, I think I’m stopping after this year. It was fun building a Dodgers chrome set, especially because they ended up winning the whole thing, but cards like any hobby just gets pricey. One of the only cards I’m missing for my Chrome set is a dual card with Gavin Lux’ and Dustin May’s autographs, not even sure it’s going for less than $400 anywhere and there’s only 25 of them made.

Tight, repped for the info. I saw like a $9 Topps team set on amazon that I would have been fine with because its more of a way to remember the team for me, but it had Maeda and someone else we traded and didn't have Graderol or Mookie. So.....worthless for what I was trying to do.

What was the estimated shipping for the Ben Baller set? It’s been like two weeks, no?

What was the estimated shipping for the Ben Baller set? It’s been like two weeks, no?
I think it said 4-6 weeks? Probably going to be one of those things where it takes so long you forget about it and it pops up out of nowhere one day LOL!

USPS delivered my copies of the nov 1st LA times I got off the bay to the wrong addresss smh. :sick::smh::smh:

update.

Went to go check my mail today and there was a key for the mail box for oversized packages. Mail man corrected his mistake and I have copies of my LA Times now.

will post pics once I’m home

Last edited:
my world series champ new era cap finally came in today after fedex was playing games ( :stoneface: )

its the same size/cm as my other dodger hat but way bigger for some reason. like almost "sup, my hats too big" bigger.

its not gonna shrink some crazy amount right?

my world series champ new era cap finally came in today after fedex was playing games ( :stoneface: )

its the same size/cm as my other dodger hat but way bigger for some reason. like almost "sup, my hats too big" bigger.

its not gonna shrink some crazy amount right?

I have a lot of New Era fitted hats and have run into inconsistency in the sizing. Always get the same size, but have a few that are a little loose and some that are tighter than the others. None of the hats that fit more loosely have ever shrink that I can recall.

I have a lot of New Era fitted hats and have run into inconsistency in the sizing. Always get the same size, but have a few that are a little loose and some that are tighter than the others. None of the hats that fit more loosely have ever shrink that I can recall.

damn thanks. google is telling me the same that sizing is wild inconsistent. I measured my old hat it's slightly smaller now but not by much. Ordered from Fanatics gonna try to do an exchange without receipt at Lids.

Dodgers Hall Of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda hospitalized. :emoji_angry:😢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom