OFFICIAL 2018 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD::

Well.....we're not down 30, yet. :lol:

We usually get murdered on short weeks on road, so hey.

We have guys open, need to block so BO can throw.

Offseason:
QB
Guard
Center
Guard
CB2
DLine Depth
All receivers healthy

GM + Coach?

Last few drafts have been damn good man.
The FA periods have been decent.

GM + Coach have nothing to do with injuries.

Doesn’t matter who you have at coach when a grip of your team is on IR.

I think I've seen it all when Tannenbaum is getting defended. I give up. We're never going to win much but damn if we don't have all the excuses lined up.

He’s not the GM though...

Grier is the GM.

CF195593-1B25-492A-BE77-75F25F2173A0.png

Tunsil, Howard, Drake - starters, good
McMillain, Davon, Vince - starters, good
Harris/Tank - upside, Coach them up
Minkah, Baker, Sanders - starters
Geisicki/Ballage - upside, Coach them up

by the way, mighty interesting that the guy who the coach wouldn't put out there because of ego is going off on national TV.

And the defensive coach is either snorting lines with Foerster or our guys out there are insanely bad at everything. This is a disaster of a football team, injuries or not. A couple guys on IR equals every team destroying us?

He’s not the GM though...

Grier is the GM.

So have we confirmed that he's drafting without input from Mikey?

In the end, a lot needs to be fixed. This is still the Pats division until further notice.

So have we confirmed that he's drafting without input from Mikey?

In the end, a lot needs to be fixed. This is still the Pats division until further notice.

See the update looking at Grier’s recent history.

And I couldn’t tell you what the dynamic is, but last I knew Grier has the last say with Gase as direct input on what he wants.

You get to play the role of owner...

What do you do?

I force Gase's hand for one, I bring in a talented OC to call plays or Gase is gone.

I'm not a fan of the drafts you posted. Tunsil fell in our lap, but what has Harris done? Is Tank that bad that he doesn't even get burn? What is impressive to you, honestly? If you want to say 2016, I'll give you that. But 2017, McMillan was hurt his rookie year, Harris has been a non-factor, Tank can't get on the field, DL gets no pressure. Minkah will be a stud, Gesicki has some skills, the rest is average. So you give me Tunsil, Drake, and Howard with Minkah and Gesicki. What about that core is any more special than what the better teams are doing? In order to be the best, you've got to have better talent

I just posted what has been impressive/what I like... 9 good starters... 8 on O/D, 22 total spots.

Tank doesn’t tackle well apparently, but that doesn’t match what he ended with last season. I don’t know if that’s the full reason either.

Him and Howard ended the year well.

Again, you are owner what do you do fully.

All moves, everything.

I just posted what has been impressive/what I like... 9 good starters... 8 on O/D, 22 total spots.

Tank doesn’t tackle well apparently, but that doesn’t match what he ended with last season. I don’t know if that’s the full reason either.

Him and Howard ended the year well.

Again, you are owner what do you do fully.

All moves, everything.

Draft QB as high as possible, time to roll. Draft a OG and LB in rounds 2-3. Force Gase to give up play calling duties. Fire Matt Burke, hire a legit veteran DC to clean this @!$! up. Spend money in FA to shore up the LB corps, cut Kiko. Get rid of Wake. Keep Grant/Stills/Wilson/DVP since we have too many other holes. Gotta check if Amendola is still signed next season. Wouldn't mind a vet TE across from Gesicki.

This defense is the worst thing about this team so spend all the FA money on defense. No more Suh, Wake, McDonald on the cap, clear it out and find me 2 CB's, 2 LB's, 1 pass rusher

I’d agree to a degree... who would you draft a QB with Herbert supposedly not coming out for this draft? Other than Herbert I wouldn’t touch anyone... still need two guards and a center. No line, no wins.

I’m fine with Gase giving up on calling plays, I believe in having an OC though and having him coach the whole thing. Remember, everyone healthy 3 - 0 this year, 10 - 6/playoffs first year. Hard to argue the success he has had though when he has his people in place.

DVP cannot stay on the field... he hasn’t, he can’t. His value will be at it’s highest now, trade him. And I’m a fan, if dude was on the field he’s a beast... can out jump everyone. Geisicki figures it out at some point then you have two jump ball red zone beasts... is what it is.

Agree on Burke, didn’t get it then and don’t now. His temper tantrum at the end of the game didn’t do much for me.

Wake should have been traded years ago unfortunately... don’t know what his contract situation looks like.

Kiko has been the second best LB in the league statistically speaking, dude has been balling. You’re wrong about the LBs, DLine depth is needed desperately. Need to start Harris opposite Quinn. Number 2 corner and a coordinator who knows how to call a game, play to players strengths. Two blitzing in the box safeties and you keep sending Minkah out of coverage so TJ gets burned. Dumb.

I’d agree to a degree... who would you draft a QB with Herbert supposedly not coming out for this draft? Other than Herbert I wouldn’t touch anyone... still need two guards and a center. No line, no wins.

I’m fine with Gase giving up on calling plays, I believe in having an OC though and having him coach the whole thing. Remember, everyone healthy 3 - 0 this year, 10 - 6/playoffs first year. Hard to argue the success he has had though when he has his people in place.

DVP cannot stay on the field... he hasn’t, he can’t. His value will be at it’s highest now, trade him. And I’m a fan, if dude was on the field he’s a beast... can out jump everyone. Geisicki figures it out at some point then you have two jump ball red zone beasts... is what it is.

Agree on Burke, didn’t get it then and don’t now. His temper tantrum at the end of the game didn’t do much for me.

Wake should have been traded years ago unfortunately... don’t know what his contract situation looks like.

Kiko has been the second best LB in the league statistically speaking, dude has been balling. You’re wrong about the LBs, DLine depth is needed desperately. Need to start Harris opposite Quinn. Number 2 corner and a coordinator who knows how to call a game, play to players strengths. Two blitzing in the box safeties and you keep sending Minkah out of coverage so TJ gets burned. Dumb.

That always happens to us. If we get a need for drafting a QB early, no one there. Kiko can't cover and maybe that's Burke scheming poorly but I've seen this guy get burned all season, not a stat.

Your plan isn't far off from mine, but year after year nothing develops in that next step, so what can ya do. This 3-0 to 4-4 is just... so Dolphins. Remember, I was a young teen last time this team won a playoff game so whatever.

Draft QB as high as possible, time to roll. Draft a OG and LB in rounds 2-3. Force Gase to give up play calling duties. Fire Matt Burke, hire a legit veteran DC to clean this @!$! up. Spend money in FA to shore up the LB corps, cut Kiko. Get rid of Wake. Keep Grant/Stills/Wilson/DVP since we have too many other holes. Gotta check if Amendola is still signed next season. Wouldn't mind a vet TE across from Gesicki.

This defense is the worst thing about this team so spend all the FA money on defense. No more Suh, Wake, McDonald on the cap, clear it out and find me 2 CB's, 2 LB's, 1 pass rusher

Should only take 4+ years while we use a young QB that will get killed behind your oline, as you didn't pay James, or Tunsil.

And you want to improve the D with a 3rd Rd LB and cutting Kiko/Wake/McDonald.

:lol:

C'mon man.

I hope we trade DVP this week.
Trade Wake too.
Trade back MULTIPLE times in the draft.

Use 10-11 picks. Pay James, Tunsil, Drake now. Try to sign Howard too.

Let Gore/Sitton come back next year cheap, as backups. Amendola is here one more year already.

With the picks, LG, RG, C, DE x 2, DT x 2, CB, LB, TE, S. Not in that order, BPA those spots. Deepen the roster, the whole roster. Then use FA money to add 2-3 more pieces.

True, but seriously what's the difference between giving up 42 and 56? If those vets are worth that much, I mean my thing is the defense is rock bottom. Is William Hayes worth THAT much?

I wouldn't mind dropping back in the draft either. Try something new. we moved up, drafted a guy 3rd overall, and he's... where is he? Yeah. But that plan you posted, hell any of these plans sounds better than just doing the same thing over and over.

Lost 4 of 5, it got real quick.

And now... Vincent Taylor is on IR.

Can’t make this stuff up... Dolphins.

Dolphins won...

Not much to talk about with is.
Brock is still QB.
OLine is still putrid.

Any OLinemen from games 1 through 3 starting today?

Pretty sure these are all backups. Recipe for success... backup line, backup QB, missing both dynamic WRs. Solid... right on track for 8-8.

Sums up the Dolphins season...

How they won 2 additional games beside the first 3 is beyond me. And they’ll win 3 more some how.

Well.......if we're lucky, after the bye we can get Tannehill, Tunsil, James, Harris, Grant, McCain, Larsen, Drake, and DVP back......

:lol:

Frank Gore probably our healthiest player. Just incredible. :smh:

The first drive and Frank Gore was crazy... dude is unreal. Imagine him behind an actual healthy line.

Watching the Chiefs I feel like I’m watching a healthy Dolphins offense from weeks 1 and 2.

Terrible year all around, still have 5 damn wins. Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom