OFFICIAL 2018 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD::

24-14 in the 4th, we blow it.

This game + Cincy, had a shot at being 7-4.

Part of our downfall started after Colts TD, Howard gets late hit. Puts us inside the 5, Gase has to play it very safe.

We still had a shot to force punt, 3rd and 9, we pressure Luck but don't hit him, he gains 34.

3rd and long. How many years have we been burned on 3rd and 9-10-11+? :smh:

With this L, gotta tank. We are at the 13th pick right now. Lose out and get into the Top 10, trade back 1-2 times, add 2-3 more picks.

RG, DT, OC, DE the first 3-4 rounds, build up the middle of both lines.

I love how you and I always say to trade back... it just makes sense to fill areas and get depth.

That Saints trade last year would have been great... but they’ve been picking well. Last year (1st pick) has been exceptional to date. I hope they lose out though... So often it’s 8-8 no matter the FO or Coach.

Gase is too stubborn to lose out, he’ll find a way to win two more minimum. Dolphins will have the 12th to 17th pick per usual.

NE
At Minny
Jax
At Buff

We SHOULD go 0-4, but we'll likely steal one of these for no reason.

I wonder if it costs us a chance at keeping Gase/Tannehill and continuing to build rather than starting all over.

The implication being they ever started over.

Not much of the case, it’s been one party in the FO staying while the other was going.

Dolphins will win 2 and lose 2. They were destined to go 8-8.

Need to keep Gase, keep RT17, draft a QB... still really want Herbert, probably not gonn happen.

I've slowly been showing Finnnnnnns evidence that he's blaming the wrong people.

Things like Gase/Tanne combo are 12-8. Not "that" great, even tho that's a .600 win %, HOWEVER.......factor Cincy/Indy blown leads. Could/should have been 14-6.

Those 20 games, Ryan has a 96 QB rating. Not elite, but not terrible. But he with a garbage oline, no TE, and a billion DVP DNP's.
Also, losing Landry.......has it hurt Ryan? How he doin in Clev? :nerd:

We are 6-6 with Ryan out half the year, Oline is crap, half the WR's out, our O is 29th, our Def is 29th, lost like 15 players to injury, and we have 6 wins.

Aaron Rodgers has 4. :nerd:

We need health and we need to add a few extra picks. BTW, we don't have any huge salary issues either. MAYBE McDonald, but he hasn't been Julius or Maxwell terrible. Overall his salary is minimal.

Beating Brady without the best CB in the NFL.

With Tannehill held together by duct tape and bubble gum.

Touchdowns from Bolden and Butler (???????)

2 punts blocked.......

Zero quit, all heart. 60 minutes. (Literally)

Give Gase more talent (and better luck with health) he can get this team over the hump when Brady/Belichick head off to sunset) Stay patient. Build. Keep building.

3 straight games with an opening drive TD.

Just double checked this......

Gase and Tannehill together, at home.

10 wins (9 straight)
1 loss (Tenn, their 2nd home game)

If we could have closed Indy/Cinn on the road..... :frown:

Just double checked this......

Gase and Tannehill together, at home.

10 wins (9 straight)
1 loss (Tenn, their 2nd home game)

If we could have closed Indy/Cinn on the road..... :frown:

What, how is that possible lol

Those uni's, what the #@$! is Ross thinking not making them permanent?

Nike contract homie... not on Ross entirely.

I do believe this is the last year of the contract though, able to update for 2019. I think though, not 100%.

The looks on Ross' face say it all.

Going to be a very interesting off season.

I'd expect to see Tannebaum gone for sure, possibly Tannehill. If RT goes I don't know the scenario where Gase/Grier don't go as well.

If they're gonna do this, it has to be everyone.

If they fire just GM, or just Gase, or just Tannehill, it won't matter anyway.

Clear it all out, or leave them all in another season.

But the biggest, most important must have, for the love of F, DRAFT MULTIPLE OLINE EARRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY.

I don't care who the QB is, Tannehill, Winston, Wentz, rookie, build that oline or it's all a waste.

RB is solid. Gore, Drake, Ballage, Bolden is perfectly usable.

I absolutely agree... since his administration he hasn’t done that (Ross). It’s never been a pure wipe out.

Perfect time would be now, if it’s JUST Tannebaum though that would be acceptable too but that means no one else is fired this offseason. Seems Gase and Grier are in alignment based off of last seasons offseason.

I believe we have been saying OLine for some time now, which is crazy to me. LT is solid, draft a LG, draft a C with Kilgore being able to start for now (get a starter and depth is done), Sutton should be more than fine for next year (was playing excellent in his limited time), and re-sign James with depth as a a big need for Tackle. If I see one more game with Young (or the equivalent to him) as the replacement I’ll lose my entire sh-t.

Get rid of Brock, draft Tannehill’s successor. RT keeps getting hurt, he’s not reliable at this point. Luke is on the team now, no idea how he looks. Only QB I like is Herbert, and it’s not even close for me.

Draft two OLine early this year, get Sutton’s successor next. Get the next QB in line.

Defense...

Burke needs to go no matter who is in house. I hope Bowels or Vance will be available to be honest.

Move on from Wake, make Harris and Quinn the full time starters. Get rid of Branch and his contract.

Move Fitz to FS full time, cat is the goods and can’t wait to see where he goes. Find a corner to start opposite X, it’s of great need. Never, ever put Brice on the boundaries again... slot 100% of the time. Don’t put your players out of position where they will fail... stupid concept.

EE0045D3-FBC2-4BAD-9EB3-CE922F19C9D3.png

Swapped this year’s, gave up next two.

Traded back like three times.

Unrealistic but essentially what I would do to get ahead of the Jags. I believe Jenkins is the goodsand love Sills. Don’t know much about guards yet so I took BPA. Line depth and a player from the U, just happened to be Homer.

:lol:

They haven't updated the rankings and grades I'm guessing. I'm hella early.

So Gase/Grier to be retained. Tannebaum to be let go. I'm in favor of this.

Burke has to be next... off season is set already and they can look to the team, FA and draft.

Herbert headed back to Oregon.

There is no better offseason for the Dolphins to load up for next year’s QB class.

Address: OG, C, OG

Develop Brice, get rid of Parker (don’t re-sign), get all injured WRs back, grab another WR (big, red zone), Stills

Continue development of Geisicki

Continue development of Ballage and Drake

Re-sign Gore, he is last on depth chart and not cutting into Ballage and Drakes touches. Pure spell back and coaching only. He wants to be number 1 then he can go somewhere else.

Re-Sign James, continue development of Tunsil who’s had an excellent season. (really showed how much it hurt when he went down against the Bengals).

Tannehill, Free Agent QB, Luke for next year.

I’ll do defense at some point... but I’ve been saying roughly the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this boat race continues...

Tannebaum
Grier
Gase
Burke
Tannehill

Maybe they last 12 seconds after the game. Maybe.

I don't think we should clean house. But, if we are going to do it, it needs to be 100%.

Not just QB and pres, or HC and QB, ALL of it.

Pres, GM, HC, DC, QB. Wake. Reshad. Kiko.

All of it. IF you're going to clean out.

Don't trade everything for Kyler Murray. Hell, trade down and add picks/bodies.

Try to flip anything. Can you trade Tannehill for a 6? Wake? Reshad? DVP? Kiko? Anything, even 6th and 7th round picks would help.

All we have right now is Drake, Tunsil, James, Ballage, Grant, Gesicki on O, Howard, Minkah, Baker, McMillan on D. Get 10+ draft picks year 1 and some one year vets like Amendola, Gore, Sitton as new staff settles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom