OFFICIAL 2018 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD::

Nope... I like what they did.

Top the best defensive player in the draft at 11. If Minkah was gone along with Raq, then I would have been fine with that.

Loving this first two picks.

Round 3:
Jerome Baker
Maurice Hurst
Malik Jefferson
Conor Williams
Guice if possible/still there

DE Harris
DT Philips
DT Godchaux
CB Howard
CB Tank
LB Rake
LB Baker
S Minkah

There's finally some youth/speed on the defense, along with the vets like Reshad/Wake/Kiko.

We're not the 98-99 Dolphins on defense, but we "SHOULD" be improved and able to match up better. Key is, they need to develop and play well, early. We don't want to wait 2-3 years for 1 player to develop at a time, need them to start helping in year 1-2.

He can't block for **** but.....

upload_2018-4-27_21-53-33.png

3rd best out of 781? :wow:

In fact, all 3 picks so far have scored very well in these tests.

Like I said to DSA... do not care that he can't block. The Dolphins brought in one of the best OLine coaches in the league. He can learn, if he scores 10 TDs and opens up the red zone offense along with seams and mismatches then he serves his purpose.

No worries now, we drafted another TE that can absolutely block. :pimp:

And a big(ger) RB to go along with Drake/Gore.

Thing is, and I'm pretty sure it will be the case again this year, Gase doesn't use rookies a whole lot. Minkah will play, but the rest likely will only play in small spots, not a ton of snaps. MAYBE one of the TE's gets some time, but the rest look like "year 2" guys where they grow and develop a lil bit. We'll see.

Seemed to be a change in philosophy.

More speed and athleticism, actual role specific athletes.

Versatile weapon on D in Minkah
Pass catching red zone target TE
3rd down coverage linebacker
Run blocking red zone target TE
Depth/developmental CB
Big receiving target RB to pair with Drake
Kicker
Another LB for stash purposes

All with speed/size measurables necessary for today's game. Just need them to develop quickly.

*way too early take* A live look at the Dolphins starting defense:

525ABC61-8BAB-460A-BD19-C7186EC779BF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom