OFFICIAL 2018 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD::

There is A LOT coming out on Twitter about team vs Gase. Lost locker room, lost respect, etc. Who knows what’s true but where there’s smoke there is fire.

I feel like he has it, time will tell.

I like Grier and the recent drafts. He already said old bodies are gone. Tannebaum is now getting paid to clean the toilets. They fixed the power structure (finally) and we’ll see what Grier can do going forward.

At the end of the day two things will happen, Dolphins will move on and Gase will have another HC job somewhere.

Curious to see where it goes, not excited about the first two names to pop up however.

Stills' name was the first name to come out, and he's the first one to say I didn't say that, so all this smoke is just that, smoke.

It could be true, it could be bs. But Gase was a really good coach, the problem is, he was wanted elsewhere, found out, and let us go. After the Miami miracle, he started acting weird, that's when the smoke clears up a bit......

I’d fully agree... to blow off your boss (Ross) after the Colts game. Just something to be said.

Curious to see direction Grier goes.

Watching Haskins play... he's intriguing. Going to dive some more into him.

Do still feel trade down, picks + line building. Offense and Defense.

upload_2019-1-2_15-24-3.png

I hope folks realize Tannehill is like the 5th-6th best player we've taken in Rd 1 in 30+ years. :lol:

1 isn't up for debate.
2 Webb?
3-4 Bowens and Gardener?
5 McDuffie?
6 is Tannehill, right? Brown, Long, Pouncey all missed more games, shorter tenures.

Vincent, Coleman, Oliver were all decent, for like a year or two.

The other thing I notice, when is the last damn time we've had TWO picks in the first round? 1992? We had 4 out of 5 years WITHOUT a first round pick since the last time we had two. :lol: :rofl: :sick: :smh: :stoneface:

Man... really kind of crazy how many people are coming out in support of Rizzi.

Current, former and current players on other nfl teams.

Don’t think I’ve seen something like that before.

God damn that’s a sad list.

Yep that 2012 pick still haunts us. Should've finished the job at 0-7, and we wouldn't be in this predicament. I hope Miami loses 14 games next season. @#$% Grier, #@%% Ross, #@$% the equipment managers. The losing is so old with this franchise. So let's lose for real and make some money in Vegas :pimp:

Dolphins keep not wiping the slate clean... I don’t know why. Ross likes his familiarity I suppose, but it doesn’t make sense.

With that said Grier has done a good job shopping for groceries. He didn’t lose the locker room, he wasn’t calling plays, he didn’t sign free agents (that was Tannebaum + Gase), he wasn’t calling that god awful defense, he wasn’t not running the ball...

Colts shut it down on Luck... what did they do with their first two picks? Guard and RT... plug and play and Luck is the LEAST sacked QB in the league. Think their success is a fluke? Strong OLine, Strong Defense... it wins.

Curious to see what they do with this coaching situation.

Dolphins keep not wiping the slate clean... I don’t know why. Ross likes his familiarity I suppose, but it doesn’t make sense.

With that said Grier has done a good job shopping for groceries. He didn’t lose the locker room, he wasn’t calling plays, he didn’t sign free agents (that was Tannebaum + Gase), he wasn’t calling that god awful defense, he wasn’t not running the ball...

Colts shut it down on Luck... what did they do with their first two picks? Guard and RT... plug and play and Luck is the LEAST sacked QB in the league. Think their success is a fluke? Strong OLine, Strong Defense... it wins.

Curious to see what they do with this coaching situation.

Agreed, I don't know how Ross was such a successful businessman with all these half measures, but it must work in real estate.

I would love linemen like the ones the Colts put on that line. I don't mind the tackles we have, I guess, but the interior is all complete and utter garbage. These guys need to hit 3 top picks on the interior line, PLUS the defensive line which was screwed up. And we waste picks on guys like Charles Harris and Raekwon who are just mediocre @$% players :smh:

We don’t know about Harris... he doesn’t play because Cam Wake and co. were calling the rotation apparently. Raekwon was good in run defense and played well towards the end of the year, he had over 100 tackles, some forced fumbles. Jerome Baker had a pretty good campaign as well... remember with both it was essentially their rookie season.

X had some “injuries” but I think that was a pure shut down. Minkah played ALL over the place and didn’t blink an eye, had a good rookie season. Both late round D Tackles were good, hurt when Taylor went down. Lot of talent and youth on Defense to build with.

Was really weird as a whole to watch this season just slowly and then rapidly go into pure kitchen fire mode. 3 - 0, dominant, to what it is now.

Draft I trade down and ride a FA QB, not Bridgewater. That’s false hope and no point spending that coin with 2020 around the corner. Trade down, draft guard, center... MAYBE a QB drops too with that extra pick. I doubt it and I’m not a huge fan of anyone really. I like some of Haskins, been watching Lock and there’s some things I like there as well. I’ve seen Grier and I can’t stand his game. Could care less about anyone from Duke and N.C. State unless they really did something. The two in consideration did not.

Buckle up boys... probably gonna be rough.

Only second round interview right now is Kris Richard.

Rizzi hasn’t had his interview yet.

I’d say by end of next week we know who the Dolphins HC is.

Supposedly they met with Flores twice as well. That night and the next morning.

Not official.

I’m glad Tua is getting exposed finally... wasn’t and haven’t been a fan. Don’t like the hype around this guy.

Very much a Trevor Lawrence fan, that kid could be something special.

Obviously a lot of QB interest this and next year.

No updates in here for quite some time... so here we go.

Brian Flores is going to be the next Dolphins head coach.
Jim Caldwell will join the staff as an assistant head coach and a QB coach. It seems not only will he help with the new QB this/next year but will also mentor Flores a bit.
The Dolphins will get a younger coordinator and possibly Chad O’shea.
Supposedly Flores could poach some more people from the Patriots as well, something we haven’t seen from any other coach leaving the Patriots way.
Patrick Graham, LB coach from the Packers and previously worked with Flores for years, will be the DC.
Also in the pipe line is bringing on Bret Bielema, former HC for Arkansas and Wisconsin.

Currently in Mobile is Gase and co., Dan Marino over looking and getting info on all QBs there.

Happy offseason.

Early draft deep dive...

Fan of the following:
Trade down and acquire more picks (going to always be the first option)
Jeffery Simmons
Cody Ford
Devin White (lot of 4 LB looks, logic behind this)
Montez Sweat
Greedy Williams

I believe all could be there pending how far the trade down is, probably not Greedy and Devin but chance.

Back
Top Bottom