Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too surprised. He pretty much only touches the ball at the 3pt line.
To be that one dimensional of a player, you can’t be 7/21 from 3 and below 50% ts in summer league going into your third season

And ya, I’m still surprised he didn’t get a single free throw. As much as he plays around the 3 point line, the odds of going 111 minutes without getting a free throw would have been nuts

Lolz. Spoken like a dude who plays in sandals. And you're right I don't hoop.

I'm a hooper. It's different

that might be one of the dumbest thing posted here b. similar to when girls write something to make sound like they're different from other girls, but it only makes them sound like another dumbass girl. Do Better.

that might be one of the dumbest thing posted here b. similar to when girls write something to make sound like they're different from other girls, but it only makes them sound like another dumbass girl. Do Better.

What's understood aint gotta be explained. You play basketball? I'm a basketball player. You get buckets? I'm a bucket getter. (We are not the same). You might come close to coming close but you really don't come close. Ya feel me?

Johnson and Winslow has been a huge disappointment. Had high hopes :smh:
Winslow has definitely shown more flashes than Johnson. Still disappointing though.

Not really surprised by Johnson though. Wasn't a fan of his at Arizona.

To be that one dimensional of a player, you can’t be 7/21 from 3 and below 50% ts in summer league going into your third season

And ya, I’m still surprised he didn’t get a single free throw. As much as he plays around the 3 point line, the odds of going 111 minutes without getting a free throw would have been nuts
Still holding out hope that he's just a late bloomer. His shooting made a jump from Y1 to Y2. Needs to be much, much more aggressive.

Could still be a decent piece as a backup big for them in a couple years.

Very glad the Celtics didn't end up taking him.

What's understood aint gotta be explained. You play basketball? I'm a basketball player. You get buckets? I'm a bucket getter. (We are not the same). You might come close to coming close but you really don't come close. Ya feel me?
DC7DB704-8CF2-4C10-A11E-319815B7BE0E.gif

Still holding out hope that he's just a late bloomer. His shooting made a jump from Y1 to Y2. Needs to be much, much more aggressive.

Could still be a decent piece as a backup big for them in a couple years.

Very glad the Celtics didn't end up taking him.
The pod said they’d question extending the team option on him

He’s only 20 but didn’t look like an nba player in summer league even though he’s been a pro for 2 years

I don’t see why they couldn’t opt in though

The pod said they’d question extending the team option on him

He’s only 20 but didn’t look like an nba player in summer league even though he’s been a pro for 2 years

I don’t see why they couldn’t opt in though
Yeah I listened to something saying that PHX may not pick up their team option on him next summer if they need the cap space to sign someone.

Simply stretching Noah gets us within $3M of one max cap slot which might be enough.

If we want two, we'd have to trade THJr & Lee without taking back money + renounce all our free agents (Kanter, Hezonja, Mudiay, Baker, Burke, Kornet, Dotson).

Our roster would be:

Max player
Max Player
Porzingis
Knox
Robinson
Ntilikina
+ league minimum players

Kinda tricky but it's possible

Simply stretching Noah gets us within $3M of one max cap slot which might be enough.

If we want two, we'd have to trade THJr & Lee without taking back money + renounce all our free agents (Kanter, Hezonja, Mudiay, Baker, Burke, Kornet, Dotson).

Our roster would be:

Max player
Max Player
Porzingis
Knox
Robinson
Ntilikina
+ league minimum players

Kinda tricky but it's possible
Im sure kanter would take a buyout to play with okc

Ran into this problem in MyLeague when I extended Porzingis' contract in the 2018-19 season before realizing he'd take up that single max spot we have and I'd have to gut the team for a 2nd. And then wondered how we'd make the numbers work in real life to get Kyrie (I initially spelled it Myrie. I hate all of you) and Butler.

Im all for attaching a protected FRP to get rid of Noah instead of stretching him. Especially if we have a agreement with a star FA in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom