Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playoffs showed us more of Tatum.

The question remains, is there anyone who would take Kuzma>?

I'd take Tatum. There's definitely a recency bias going on though. If you asked me this question on the final night of the season I would have said it's a toss-up.

Is there anyone who would say Kuzma> Tatum, now?

So here's the thing.

Both are good players with endless potential. But ultimately in the NBA, what you become as a player is dictated by things that are beyond the players control. For example:

-Quality of coaching player receives
- Number of coaching changes
-Front office changes
-Roster shuffles
-injuries
- players role as dictated by the head coach

Quality of coaching:

As far as coaching goes, Tatum has the better coach and its not even close. I'm not ready to give up on Luke but he is average right now. However I like that Luke created an environment where the players get along and actually like spending time with each other. Luke can get better. Brad Stevens is a genius and Tatum will benefit from that.

Number of coaching changes:
I don't anticipate any for Tatum or Kuz at this point. But lets say there was, theres always potential that new coach can come in and destroy a players confidence or something along those lines.

Front Office Changes:

Danny and Magic aren't going anywhere for a little while. Neither is Rob.

Roster Shuffles: This one is KEY!!!

Tatum had such a great year in part because Hayward went down the first game of the season. And Kyrie went down later. This created way more shots and responsibility for Tatum, to which he responded like a seasoned vet.

Once Kyrie and Hayward are back, it's not like Tatum will suddenly regress, but he's not going to be getting the same looks or opportunities and obviously his numbers will drop.

For Kuzma a few things could happen:

Lebron could arrive making Kuz's scoring go in the toilet or best case scenario, his scoring would be more inconsistent.

Paul George could arrive causing Kuz to play mostly with the second unit

Or neither could arrive and we could see Kuz make a nice leap into the 20ppg range assuming he put in the work over the summer.

Injuries:

Hopefully neither one suffers a major injury, But I will say Kuz's movements scare me a little bit. He doesn't move as fluidly as Tatum.

Player Role:

This one could make all the difference.

Tatum effectively goes to being the third option on a playoff team that was this close to a finals appearance. That could be a hard cap on his numbers for a couple seasons. We'll have to see how that plays out

Kuz got jerked in and out of the Laker starting lineup all season. He played better as a starter. His role could grow, stay the same or be diminished to the second unit depending on what happens in Free Agency.

It'll be interesting.

Tatum is better overall as of today but not by so much that Kuz can't catch up and pass him.

Tatum needs to work on his confidence and just polishing the remarkable skills he's already go in his bag.

Kuz needs to improve his ball handling a lot so that he can develop counter moves when attacking the basket and working the baselines.

Both need to become more consistent rebounders and Freethrow shooters.

Last edited:
i was hoping with the final nail in brons top 8 coffin, we'd never have to hear about him again besides opening another school or calling the cheeto a bum again.

Summer of Lebron?

gimme a ****in break.

i was hoping with the final nail in brons top 8 coffin, we'd never have to hear about him again besides opening another school or calling the cheeto a bum again.

Summer of Lebron?

gimme a ****in break.
He's one of the few players who can go to a team and automatically make them a contender. Why you knuckleheads don't understand why he gets all this coverage and media attention about where he goes is because he can literally go to any team and their basketball sales will skyrocket. Get used to lebron coverage 24/7 until he makes his decision. LeBron is more important than who won the reds/Rockies game.

This is what I'm firmly against. I'm all for bringing LeBron but I want no part of Chris Paul. It's LeBron demands Chris Paul come with him then I don't want LeBron. I'm not signing a 33 year old injury-prone point guard to a max contract when you have a 20 year old future All Star.

To be honest, logically I don't even understand why Lebron would want for his call. He literally just saw his body break down for like the eighth consecutive time in the playoffs. I understand that they're good friends but LeBron wants to win right?

Also, is this scenario assuming that we trade Lonzo? I'm not Trading a 20 year old with All-Star potential for an injury-prone 33 year old who wants her max contract.

Day 3 of Lebron watch. 3 more weeks remaining.

Yeah we got to pace ourselves. I can't get riled up after every Twitter headline. I remember 2010 and all the rumors swirling around that, there were so many reports that weren't even close to true. Got to keep perspective.

If LeBron really does want to bring Chris Paul then I want no part of LeBron.

This is what I'm firmly against. I'm all for bringing LeBron but I want no part of Chris Paul. It's LeBron demands Chris Paul come with him then I don't want LeBron. I'm not signing a 33 year old injury-prone point guard to a max contract when you have a 20 year old future All Star.

To be honest, logically I don't even understand why Lebron would want for his call. He literally just saw his body break down for like the eighth consecutive time in the playoffs. I understand that they're good friends but LeBron wants to win right?

Also, is this scenario assuming that we trade Lonzo? I'm not Trading a 20 year old with All-Star potential for an injury-prone 33 year old who wants her max contract.

Since Bobby Burrack wrote it you have nothing to worry about :lol:

This about to be crazy man, everyone gonna be aiming to have "breaking news" and every headline on twitter gonna be trending smh.

Whoever breaks the news gonna be in for a payday though. ESPN hoping its them and Woj haha

If the previous decisions and free agency's have taught me anything, it's that all of this talk about lebron going to the lakers makes it almost certain he is going anywhere but the lakers

If the warriors end up getting Trevor ariza the season is over. Getting a longer and more athletic iguodala for cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom