Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't deserve the max but the Nets might have to give him a 5 year/100m type deal. He's still young and a budding superstar, right? Injuries and limited minutes are the only thing holding him back from reaching his potential, right?
We'll see.

What magic and pelinka are saying might make sense if they didnt sign a bunch of nut jobs like Lance, McGee, KCP, and Rondo. Lance, rondo, and KCP all had one of the worst defensive ratings of their careers last year.

The defensive rating thing is overstated.

Avery Bradley plays the best on ball D on the perimeter that I've seen in the last 3 years and correct me if I'm wrong, but his defensive rating is abysmal, is it not?

and how far has that gotten you?
1315dy.jpg

He was in the running for most improved player until the injury got him. If he is healthy this year, I expect him to be int he running for allstar selection.

The defensive rating thing is overstated.

Avery Bradley plays the best on ball D on the perimeter that I've seen in the last 3 years and correct me if I'm wrong, but his defensive rating is abysmal, is it not?

It was in the low 100s with boston which is really good and below 100 with the clippers last year. It was bad with the pistons though.

If you look at the list of players who are tabbed as "good" or "elite" defenders it is pretty in line with the rating.

https://stats.nba.com/players/advan...G*20&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season

I used to listen to Tim Grover and reminded me of PJ with his approach. He used to remind me more of a psychologist than a trainer :lol:

Lakers definitively won the D'lo trade. There is no question now. The trade was Mozgov and D'lo for 1st Round Pick (#27).

That pick became Kyle Kuzma, unloading Mozgov allowed us the have the cap space to sign Lebron and the Nets are about to either giv D'lo the bag or he'll walk away.
Magic Man making them smart moves from jump :pimp:

What magic and pelinka are saying might make sense if they didnt sign a bunch of nut jobs like Lance, McGee, KCP, and Rondo. Lance, rondo, and KCP all had one of the worst defensive ratings of their careers last year.

Looks like Rondo was actually pretty good after Boogie went down. KCP is an overrated defender but he can be disruptive. Javele and Lance are wildcards, they can be good in spurts but you don't want to depend on them. Hopefully we won't have to play them for more than 15 min.

What I've learned as a Grizz fan is to be careful on judging a player off prior circumstances. Players are always in situations that may not bring the best out of them.

Different environment/culture means a chance at better opportunity. Outside of Javale who is who he is, I think most of those guys have the ability to be better. For the most part, you want those guys around come playoff time. Rondo still takes it to another level in the playoffs. Not saying they about to be Warrior killers :lol: , I just agree with the statement. You're not beating the Warriors trying to put up 110-120 points. CLE didn't stand a chance against Golden State because their defense sucked last year.

You have an elite defensive team with Lebron and a few other guys capable of scoring the ball, you give yourself a CHANCE.

Where?

It was in the low 100s with boston which is really good and below 100 with the clippers last year. It was bad with the pistons though.

If you look at the list of players who are tabbed as "good" or "elite" defenders it is pretty in line with the rating.

https://stats.nba.com/players/advanced/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&CF=MIN*GE*15:GP*G*20&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season

What I'm thinking of with Bradley must be that players shot an unusually high FG% against him when he was the main defender.

KCP gets after it on D though. And considering that the Lakers switch everything how much does his rating really matter?

Zo is already an excellent defender.
BI is pretty good.

Those 2 alone are better defensively than anything Bron had on the court with him in CLE last year on that end. Plus they're not 40 years old which helps out a lot too.

Yea I'm not confident in our defense at all. Your PG can't be your best defender

Yeah I'm concerned about what is going to happen at center. McGee is going to give you about 20 good minutes a night then he is going to be awful. No clue who is going to fill in the rest of those minutes protecting the rim. If its a combo of Wagner, Kuzma, and Zubac then good lord that will be a layup line.

Yeah I'm concerned about what is going to happen at center. McGee is going to give you about 20 good minutes a night then he is going to be awful. No clue who is going to fill in the rest of those minutes protecting the rim. If its a combo of Wagner, Kuzma, and Zubac then good lord that will be a layup line.

Think we're going to see quite a bit of Bron at small ball 5. It'll be up to the perimeter guys to lock down which I think most of them are capable of.

Think we're going to see quite a bit of Bron at small ball 5. It'll be up to the perimeter guys to lock down which I think most of them are capable of.

Bron is an absolutely atrocious help defender. Dude rarely rotates and I dont see him giving much of an effort in his age 34 season. I pray to god that they have a different plan than that.

Bron is an absolutely atrocious help defender. Dude rarely rotates and I dont see him giving much of an effort in his age 34 season. I pray to god that they have a different plan than that.

True but I'll force teams to match up. And if the perimeter guys do their jobs, those lanes won't be there as often anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom