Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a trade to the Lakers, draft assets aren't even a part of the deal, so doing it tomorrow wouldn't matter.

If it's to the Celtics, it's pretty much the same, because it would be future picks involved.

Sixers pick isn't high enough for it to really matter. Whoever they get at 10 would be a good player anyways that would be useful to the Spurs.

It would be dope if celtics get kawhi then they would have two ex disgruntled players in the lockerroom and also with expiring contracts. They could teach tatum how to sit out a season for a payday and to threaten knee surgery.

giphy.webp

They didn’t shed salary. They added it. They’ve had trouble drafting solid players at the top of the lottery, I have little faith in them find a steal in the second round.

23 > 17
Looks like they did shed salary for next year
As mentioned, they want to lessen their tlixury ax hit

Lebron is at the sunset of his career.

He’ll be 34 years old this year which is right around the time that you start to see some decline with players. He’s had a phenomenal run over the past 8-10 years, but he’s human and at some point his body is going to start breaking down.

Building around a 34 year old guy who probably will not even be in the league in 4-5 years is not the answer to turning your franchise around. If he was 28 years old this wouldn’t be a conversation and I’d agree with you; however, I wouldn’t mortgage my future on him right now especially when I know it’s not going to equal titles even with him they don’t beat Golden State heck I don’t even know if they are better than Houston either.

When you get a player like him it’s championship or bust.

Let those young guys continue to grow and maybe sign PG13. Go after Kawhi next summer when he can sign there on his own without them giving up anything. Now you got a nice young core with a couple of superstars in their prime.

LeBron might be at the twilight of his career but he still by far the best basketball player in the league and I'm very confident he will continue to be atop 5 player over the 3-4 years. He's built like a tank, he takes care of his body, and he's never injured. He's more resilient physically than players who've been in the league half as long. He's declining but a declining Lebron is still a top 5 player. He's a better use of $35 million in cap space than any other player available.

Also, you're assuming that a Zo, Kawhi, Paul George, LeBron led team wouldn't want to championship. I don't know that for sure. Could they beat the Warriors? Maybe. I'd love to see us try, and it would be foolish to pass up the opportunity.

I'll tell you one thing, I have more confidence in a LeBron, PG, Kawhi, Zo team winning a championship in the next 2 or 3 years then I do our young core ever winning one period.

Reactions: God

Does anyone in the league like this guy?

Its funny, because it took a teams and the media a while to catch on to Dwight Howard and his crappy attitude. Remember in Orlando, people thought it was Stan Van Gundy. Then in LA, people thought it was Kobe. Then in Houston, people thought it was Harden and his lack of leadership when it was Dwight Howard and his awful attitude the entire time.

It's sad, because he's in a year 14 and he still acts like a child.

Last edited:
EVERY SINGLE YEAR with this Dwight thing. The power of perception is so real. Him being so disliked has really swayed the opinions on his talent.

:lol: Maybe it ain't "perception" then if he keeps bouncing from team to team.

There seems to be this small "leave Dwight alone" crowd but he obviously got too much clown in him and his production on the court ain't worth it. Everywhere he's been it's the same thing, that ain't perception.

Was able to hang out with Steve Ballmer and some of the Clippers FO yesterday. We had Robert Williams in for a meeting. Good kid. If we don't move up, I fully expect to take Rob.

My uncle's friend's barber knows a butcher that used to order meat for Kawhi. Supposedly they still have a decent relationship.

I'm not saying giving me a job would help your chances of getting Kawhi, but it wouldn't hurt.

Its funny, because it took a teams and the media a while to catch on to Dwight Howard and his crappy attitude. Remember in Orlando, people thought it was Stan Van Gundy. Then in LA, people thought it was Kobe. Then in Houston, people thought it was Harden and his lack of leadership when it was Dwight Howard and his awful attitude the entire time.

It's sad, because he's in a year 14 and he still acts like a child.

Read the last line as Dwight being with a 14 year old child and thought "not again"

When projected first-round pick Jaren Jackson met with the Oklahoma City Thunder, team executives asked him to sell them a pen, a move reminiscent of the Wolf of Wall Street movie (Jake Fishcer, Sports Illustrated)

• The Bulls are interested in moving up from the seventh spot in the draft to the third or fourth spot, likely looking to take Michael Porter Jr. (Vincent Goodwill, NBC Sports Chicago)

• The Kings, who hold the second overall pick, are also developing interest in Michael Porter Jr. (Vincent Goodwill, NBC Sports Chicago)

• Warriors GM Bob Myers shared that Draymond Green is helping scout players for the draft and might be in the team's draft room on Thursday night. (Anthony Slater, The Athletic)

• The Cavaliers won't know LeBron James's plan for free agency by draft night. The team is taking calls from other teams looking to move up in the draft via a trade. (Joe Vardon, Cleveland.com)

• The 76ers are interested in taking Kevin Knox with their 10th pick after his private workout with the team on Tuesday. (Keith Pompey, The Philadelphia Inquirer)

The Suns have the No. 1 pick for the first time in franchise history. Sports Illustrated's Jeremy Woo says in his latest mock draft that teams are looking to trade picks up and down, but the Suns seem set on taking Deandre Ayton first overall.

Luka Doncic is moving up the board as the Hawks are reportedly interested in taking the European star third overall, reports ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Gregg Popovich reportedly traveled to Southern California to meet with Kawhi Leonard on Tuesday ahead of the draft, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelbourne. Leonard is looking to leave the Spurs and be traded to Los Angeles to either the Clippers or Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom