***OFFICIAL 2019-20 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD (VOL. CALMA)***

Thanks for the response fellas. I ended up keeping Conner and Mack. The value was too good to pass up on, I basically get them for free. I landed the 1st pick in the draft too and BPA are DJ, Adams and Hopkins. Currently leaning Adams but pairing DJ up with those 2 other RBs is pretty enticing.

How often does y’all keeper leagues reset? I’m my auction league, our damn Commish got Mahomes for $2 last year. We’re all pissed about it
You can only keep a player for 2 years in my keeper league.

It's Goedert or Waller. Also adding Irv Smith Jr. to my TE sleeper list.

None of those guys are putting up numbers even close to Kittle. Dude just broke the NFL record for receiving yards by a TE in a single season. I could see Goedert having a solid year but no way he puts up those type of numbers with Ertz there plus Alshon, D-Jax, Agholor, Jordan Howard, Miles Sanders and Sproles.

About to say why the goedert hype when he’s not even the lead te

So we’re not buying the pre draft hype about fant and he other kid being jimmy graham and grind 2.0?

I took over the last place team in this dynasty league. Believe me when I say his team is garbage. I have the first 2 overall picks in this years draft. If y’all didn’t know any of my roster, would y’all go something along the lines of josh Jacobs and nkeal Harry as my first 2 picks?

I took over the last place team in this dynasty league. Believe me when I say his team is garbage. I have the first 2 overall picks in this years draft. If y’all didn’t know any of my roster, would y’all go something along the lines of josh Jacobs and nkeal Harry as my first 2 picks?

Uh hell no unless this is just some strictly rookie draft you’re doing.

Is harry going to make it to the second round? I don't think thats a bad option or Hardman hoping for the upside with Mahomes and banking on Tyreek eventually getting into trouble again

In your guys keeper leagues do you have any rules revolving around keeping Free Agents?

A problem we’ve run into is often enough there’s a player who no one drafts like David Johnson, Kamara, and Freeman who were rookies and then they instantly become a top 2-3 round pick but the team who was lucky enough to have the waiver priority suddenly gets like 6 years of them being a draft pick insanely low compared to their real value.

In your guys keeper leagues do you have any rules revolving around keeping Free Agents?

A problem we’ve run into is often enough there’s a player who no one drafts like David Johnson, Kamara, and Freeman who were rookies and then they instantly become a top 2-3 round pick but the team who was lucky enough to have the waiver priority suddenly gets like 6 years of them being a draft pick insanely low compared to their real value.
In my keeper league FAs are kept as a last round pick in the following draft, and then they move up 2 rounds in the next draft. But that's as long as you can keep them for. There's a 2 year max for all keepers (plus the original year). I agree that it'd be insanely unfair for someone like Kamara to be kept forever as a late round pick, and I'm currently the one who has Kamara in my league :lol:.

If I were you I'd propose a rule for FA keepers to have a max limit of years to be kept. To appease everyone though you'd probably have to grandfather in current FA keepers.

I’m in a two keeper league where you don’t lose a draft pick at all for who you keep and you can keep them as long as you want. I honestly think it’s dumb as hell but I have Kamara and Tyreek so I’m not complaining at the moment.

My league has a two year max and only players drafted after the 10th round/undrafted can be kept. Maximum two players kept and they slot in as your last two draft picks. Keeps the mid/later rounds of the draft somewhat exciting (once the 11th round hit last year there was a run on the rookie qbs). Also i prefer not being penalized a higher draft pick for good scouting/drafting the year before.

I don’t like having a limit on keepers. Feels like it defeats the purpose a little. Not to mention players rise and fall naturally enough that it just complicates things.

With that said stick stick I like your idea of having a limit on how long you keep a free agent. Cap them at 3 years. But if you draft somebody you’re in complete control.

Going to consider that idea for sure.

what we thinking about Fournette this year

want no part of him or Freeman or Cook personally

put Cook > Freeman > Fournette if I had to rank

Fournette should have a bounce back year

Jags QB play was horrible last year

Foles should ease the 8 man in the box on def

Jags Def is still good, should be some grinding games where they pound the ball

Perf RB for zero rb strategy

You still need to grab Fournette by the end of the second round. That definitely isn’t zero RB strategy.

Even if the qb play improves he always seems to miss games with something. Personally I’d avoid the headache unless he falls to around the third at the earliest.

I don’t like having a limit on keepers. Feels like it defeats the purpose a little. Not to mention players rise and fall naturally enough that it just complicates things.

With that said stick stick I like your idea of having a limit on how long you keep a free agent. Cap them at 3 years. But if you draft somebody you’re in complete control.

Going to consider that idea for sure.

Personally I like the way my league has it now. Only being able to keep guys drafted later/undrafted the season before keeps most top options still available for next year’s draft and rewards those who made savvy moves the season prior. I’d hate to be in leagues where players like Hopkins, Zeke Rodgers, etc. are keepers.

Back
Top Bottom