***OFFICIAL 2019-20 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD (VOL. CALMA)***

Yeah I was thinking Chubb or Mixon, then see if a a solid WR was there third round, grab him then probably Josh Jacobs or David Montgomery there on the back end

This was pretty much my plan as well. I may reach a little for Gurley in round 2 though. He was fat and away the highest scoring back last year and he missed like 2 games. I figure if they give him 5 less carries a game that’s still only like 2.5 points a game I’m giving up and that would still put him around the highest scoring of backs

Yeah I was thinking Chubb or Mixon, then see if a a solid WR was there third round, grab him then probably Josh Jacobs or David Montgomery there on the back end

Do not bother with Mixon man. Especially not over Chubb. If the value is there with Mixon then sure but that offense is going to suck and the OL isn’t good. They’re also still going to mix in Gio on passing downs a good amount I’m sure.

Do not bother with Mixon man. Especially not over Chubb. If the value is there with Mixon then sure but that offense is going to suck and the OL isn’t good. They’re also still going to mix in Gio on passing downs a good amount I’m sure.

As opposed to splitting carries with Kareem Hunt during the fantasy playoffs? Mixon had 1500 total yards last year missing 3 games and damn near double digit TDs behind a ****ty line with a terrible coach and no AJ green for a good portion of the season. The line will still be below average, but they hired an offensive coach an Mixon was the three down back pretty much all of last year. You dont get 60 targets not playing on third downs...

As opposed to splitting carries with Kareem Hunt during the fantasy playoffs? Mixon had 1500 total yards last year missing 3 games and damn near double digit TDs behind a ****ty line with a terrible coach and no AJ green for a good portion of the season. The line will still be below average, but they hired an offensive coach an Mixon was the three down back pretty much all of last year. You dont get 60 targets not playing on third downs...

Hunt could be an annoyance in the fantasy playoffs but I think Chubb could legit be a top 3 fantasy RB this year. Dude is going to put in work and is in a great offense with a good OL. I would much rather put my trust in him than Mixon.

the thing about fantasy football is that people worry about the schedule in weeks 12-15 as if they MADE the playoffs already after the draft. every week can be a battle and getting 7-8 W's in the first 10-11 weeks is more important than worrying about the playoff picture. after week 4-5 your roster will be so different if you keep up with FA and picking up the hot players after injuries occur so i wouldnt worry about Hunt stealing carries until it actually happens

Darwin Thompson :nerd:

Was already targeting him...ima need him to chill these next two weeks.

He’s going to be the Chiefs highest scoring RB this season. Not sure if that’s going to start Week 1 or what...but it’s not looking like it’s going to take long.

I can see it. Kubiak is gonna want to run the ball a ton. Would rather stay away from him and Diggs unless the value is really there.

Kubiak is not the OC. He is there to teach the scheme. I'm not naive enough to believe he won't have influence, but the offense is going to be all about balance and efficiency. A lot of the influence is to open things up for Kirk and get him on the move more...while they'll certainly run the ball more, the pass game will not suffer and is probably more impactful. For Thielen and Diggs, it might mean less targets, but their production won't take a huge dive because the results will still be there.

QB to WR isn't apple's to apple's, but Seattle put their focus substantially more on the run game in 2018 than they had in 2017 and Russell Wilson's production/numbers were similar...One reason is it opened up the PA, which Russ excels at, which Cousins is also adept at. The big difference with Russ' season was efficiency. Seattle and Schotty Jr. created better opportunity for him. I see the same with the Vikings O this season. They'll all eat.

Last year my surprise player was Phil Lindsay...Was a believer from the get, even though everyone was enamored with Royce Freeman.

I think this season, the surprise player I'm leaning towards is Jake Kumerow. Kid was a boss at UW-Whitewater and I remember he went bonkers in the DIII Natty against Mt. Union and was on my radar for the next level ever since.

It's early and he's not even a sure bet to make the team, but the Packers would be dumb not to do that. He's had good rapport with Rodgers going on two camps now. A few injuries and/or opportunities and he'll show out, similar to how it worked out for Lindsay.

It took me playing Madden last night to really think about this but...Jared Cook is going to be a top 5 fantasy TE this year. He should EAT in that Saints offense and is basically gonna be their #2 WR. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him have double digit TD’s.

The more I think about it the more I’m convincing myself to pick Fournette in the 3/4th round. Great defense, better QB play, line is healthy again, zero competition for carries, and guy was a top 10 pick last year in fantasy. I could see him being a steal at his current ADP

Going to try to get Kittle this year... his YAC numbers were insane in 2018 without Jimmy G.

The more I think about it the more I’m convincing myself to pick Fournette in the 3/4th round. Great defense, better QB play, line is healthy again, zero competition for carries, and guy was a top 10 pick last year in fantasy. I could see him being a steal at his current ADP

If he's there for me R4 I would do it. Don't think I could get myself to take him R3 tho.

couple notes for anyone who cares

-not touching gurley in any round this year. his value is not there for a 24 year old with a 50 year old knee

-not touching fournette either. he’s a beast when he plays but his ankles are a real issue that will lead to other problems

-don’t overdraft mahomes. i think he’s be a stud again but the difference is this year you need to sacrifice a 2-4th round pick where as he was a league winner last year because most leagues he went undrafted.

-i’m fading drew brees and michael thomas this year despite they were either or both on my team last 3 years. this team is transitioning to a running team. and MT basically had all his #s in weeks 1-3 last year then went ghost

-to piggy back michael thomas info, i’m over drafting Juju in all of my leagues this year. i think he’s a real contender to finish as WR1 in the entire league. his ceiling is stupid high. i have him in the same tier as hopkins and adams

-latavious murray is NOT a handcuff. draft accordingly.

Am I the only one that wants no part of Saquon this year? As good as he is I can’t shake the Gurley 2016 vibes.

I love the Kupp, Woods, Godwin, Golladay, Boyd tier of WR’s.

Also a big fan of the Kirk, Ridley, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Curtis Samuel tier of WR’s.

I’d like to grab three of these dudes in all of my drafts.

Back
Top Bottom