***OFFICIAL 2019-20 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD (VOL. CALMA)***

Montgomery has gotten loads of hype all camp :nerd: you all of people should know.

Yeah... Looking like Baby Kareem Hunt tbh. Only thing I worry about is the weapons Bears have on offense and if he can be counted on as a RB2.

Allen Robinson is poised for a 1k 10 TD season, Anthony Miller is ready to go crazy (he had 7 TD's as a rookie with a separated shoulder) Tarik is Tarik, Taylor Gabriel is a deep threat, Trey Burton.

Plus my league is all people from Chicago... I'm pick #10 in a 12 team snake format.. Idk If Montgomery will make it to me at in the early 4th.

I did some scouting yesterday the 49ers caught my eyes. I’m big on jimmy, berdia, Goodwin and the rookie sensational wr Jalen hurd who is getting reps in the slot. 6’4 has the height and the power former rb. also scored 2 tds this past preseason game. Has the build to be dominant. The strength of schedule is great all around. 49ers are a fantasy gold mine right now. Imo

Last edited:
conner for me over leveon

Conner has the better schedule for sure my issue is Samuels will also see a lot of work. Will Conner burn out early again this season ?....... if you darft Conner I’m almost Postive you’ll have to reach for Samuels. Instead of reaching you can end up with 3 back fields bell,hunt and Samuels. Instead of conner, Samuels and hunt would be gone then.

Last edited:
Conner has the better schedule for sure my issue is Samuels will also see a lot of work. Will Conner burn out early again this season ?....... if you darft Conner I’m almost Postive you’ll have to reach for Samuels. Instead of reaching you can end up with 3 back fields bell,hunt and Samuels. Instead of conner, Samuels and hunt would be gone then.

Yeah I'm passing on Conner in RD1 and going back for Jaylen Samuels later on in the draft. They are going to use him alot and in passing situations.

Thinking Mixon RD2 Pick #15? or Chubb if he's still there

Josh Jacobs beginning to get overvalued I feel. Playing behind an already horrible o-line coached by Tom Cable, and is now without a couple of starters on the line - I don't see the appeal for where his ADP is. Not to mention game script will probably never be in his favor.

Josh Jacobs beginning to get overvalued I feel. Playing behind an already horrible o-line coached by Tom Cable, and is now without a couple of starters on the line - I don't see the appeal for where his ADP is. Not to mention game script will probably never be in his favor.

yup

much rather get Geice at his adp

Damien Williams is going down from second round pick to third or fourth in the mocks ive been doing and Gurley has been constantly in the first or early second. Interesting.

Where are people realistically taking Gurley?

If you can draft well, taking him in the 2nd round could set you apart from the rest of your league. Your team just needs some anchors where you can count on guys exceeding expectation every now and then. For example, Nuk-Gurley-Kelce with your first 3 picks. Guys like Nuk and Kelce are often passing projections on a weekly basis. Mahomes is another anchor, etc. - you might need that if Gurley's knees are sore in the middle of a game and now instead of him getting 20 carries, he'll be getting 12 that week. Come back later and secure your RB spots with guys like Montgomery, Sanders, White, Murray, etc.

Even when Gurleys usage rate gets reduced - because it will, him at 18-20 touches per game, in that offense, is still a great gamble.

If you can draft well, taking him in the 2nd round could set you apart from the rest of your league. Your team just needs some anchors where you can count on guys exceeding expectation every now and then. For example, Nuk-Gurley-Kelce with your first 3 picks. Guys like Nuk and Kelce are often passing projections on a weekly basis. Mahomes is another anchor, etc. - you might need that if Gurley's knees are sore in the middle of a game and now instead of him getting 20 carries, he'll be getting 12 that week. Come back later and secure your RB spots with guys like Montgomery, Sanders, White, Murray, etc.

Even when Gurleys usage rate gets reduced - because it will, him at 18-20 touches per game, in that offense, is still a great gamble.

Bro there’s nooo way somebody can get Gurley, Nuk and Kelce in a competitive league with at least 10 people :lol: could probably get Kittle or Ertz but no way you’re getting Kelce unless everybody in that league just despises TE’s.

yea but you know what I mean :lol: It doesn't even have to be a TE, but put ertz or kittle there and the point still stands

basically just draft well and you'll be alright :lol:

one pick cant sink your team

I have the same thoughts on Jacobs. He’s way overvalued. In my dynasty league I have the first 2 overall picks. I traded the first to a guy who is going to take Jacobs for Godwin and Lockett. My wr’s are atrocious and I still have the second overall pick of which I’ll pick up Montgomery with.

checks grossman checks grossman

Which start would you rather have in a 0.5 PPR two keeper league with Kamara and Tyreek as your keepers

RB - Kamara
RB -
WR - Tyreek
WR - Kupp
FLEX - Godwin

Or

RB - Kamara
RB - Montgomery
WR - Tyreek
WR - Godwin
FLEX -

Best RB’s available when it gets back to me would probably be Guice, Cohen, Ekeler, Ballage, Latavius, Lamar Miller, Duke, RoJo, Justin Jackson, Royce

Best WR’s available when it gets back to me would probably be Kirk, Fuller, Dede, Samuel, Shepard, Fitz, Sanders, Marvin Jones, Corey Davis, Moncrief, James Washington

Think I’m feeling a little better about the chances of one of those RB’s (or a little later on Darwin Thompson and Singletary) turning into a viable every week RB2 then I am about those WR’s turning into a consistent every week starter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom