***OFFICIAL 2019-20 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD (VOL. CALMA)***

Don’t think he was close to playing at all

he didn’t practice a single day or participate

no updates as of today either

I won’t be made if he’s out one more week as long as there’s some progress and he actually does some work at practice

if not, it ain’t looking for us in the long term fellas

I would grab N’Keal Harry asap and stash him on your IR if you can. Started practicing today and is returning in two games. Considering Josh Gordon’s injury he could help out big time starting Week 9.

Picked up Jamaal Williams to cuff Aaron Jones but also looking to cuff Conner with Snell. Sucks to take up roster spots but I think it’s the move. 4 bench spots is the worst but this is my money league.
Do you guys cuff both your RBs?

Picked up Jamaal Williams to cuff Aaron Jones but also looking to cuff Conner with Snell. Sucks to take up roster spots but I think it’s the move. 4 bench spots is the worst but this is my money league.
Do you guys cuff both your RBs?

Yeah it’s worth it. Especially in your case cause Jamaal could take on close to a 50/50 share with Jones and Conner took a mean *** hit to the quad last game.

Was thinking of grabbing Snell too as a Conner owner.

I didn't realize my claim for Mixon won't go through until Saturday's period, not today.

Picked up Snell last week as my Conner cuff when Samuels went down. Gotta be proactive with Conner. Mans is lowkey frail :lol:

Diggs owners, who are you trading him for? He's obviously in Sell High mode right now.

Traded Fuller for Diggs last week and benefited :lol: want to do the same this week

Just saw the Dissly owner in my work league drop him for Fells. I want to offer him one of my Waller or Henry but he's 6-0 and I'm not trying to make him stronger :lol: .

Week 7 fantasy football waiver wire | Streaming QBs and DST
JoshALlen_Gettty-1024x831.jpg

By Jake Ciely Oct 14, 2019
comment-icon@2x.png
save-icon@2x.png

Week 7 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups
Heads up: Players must be under 60% owned on Yahoo and are listed in order of preference.
Heads still up: Yes, I purposefully don’t include FAB amounts or percentages. I stop a few years ago because they were worthless for 95% of the readers after Week 1. It’s always relative, as if you lost your RB1 to injury and there is a clear backup (Leonard Fournette à Ryquell Armstead), you’re going to be more aggressive than everyone else (or, need to be). Aggressiveness also varies by league, and additionally, if I said 60% or $40, that’s relative too because the percent might be way off depending on how much you spent, and the dollars might be too much of your budget to leave enough wiggle room the rest of the way. See? It’s a relative amount based on fluctuating factors skewed by numerous variables.

BYES: Carolina, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay
ICYMI: Weather Concerns | Trade Strategy and Advice
Waiver Wire Quarterbacks | Streaming Quarterback Rankings
Top Streamers
  • ? Josh Allen vs MIA ?
  • Kirk Cousins at DET
  • Jacoby Brissett vs HOU
  • Gardner Minshew at CIN
  • Matthew Stafford vs MIN
NOTE: Per alarm emojis – I don’t usually add any insight with quarterbacks, since it’s mainly about the matchup, but just as I did early this year, I’m pointing out that Allen needs to be owned… period. He’s not a matchup play. He’s the new Cam Newton and in the QB1 discussion most weeks with a mid-to-upper QB2 status at worst.
If You’re Needy
  • Sam Darnold vs NE
  • Joe Flacco vs KC
  • Daniel Jones vs ARI
No Sir, I Don’t Like It
  • Derek Carr at GB
  • Teddy Bridgewater at CHI
  • Andy Dalton vs JAX
Waiver Wire Running Backs
I Tried to Tell Ya ? : Adrian Peterson, WSH – But, I’m also going to remind you that Peterson is still matchup dependent, and as with last season, there is a very good chance that Peterson goes belly up the week after heavy work.

Jake Ciely

@allinkid

https://twitter.com/allinkid/status/1183819363280969728

AP regularly disappoints week after heavy work (past 2 years)

"Heavy work" (19+ touches, average 42 snaps, 61.8 snap%, 60.8 touch%)

Lead In (10)
Touches 25.5
YDS 115.9
YPC 4.21
TD total 6
FPPG 16.4

Following Games (9)
Tocuhes 16.8
YDS 63.7
YPC 3.17
TD total 3
FPPG 9.8

2:58 PM - Oct 14, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Jake Ciely's other Tweets

And that’s before factoring in facing the 49ers defense this week (or accounting for the touches typo).
Check to See if Dropped ? : Frank Gore, BUF; Jamaal Williams, GB – Due to the bye, many cut most of their Bills, including Allen, Gore and the receivers (more on them below). Gore isn’t flashy, exciting or even “fun” to own, but the man just keeps producing. Devin Singletary is certainly more enticing, but he’s mainly the passing game option and seeing limited snaps. Gore is a good RB3 for most all teams.

Williams is back after being… back… and showing up big on Monday Night Football. If you have followed me, you know that I believe in Williams more than most, but I also have said time and again that I would always take Aaron Jones in a direct athleticism/talent comparison. However, Williams is more well-rounded, and also I also said constantly this offseason, I was down on Jones (comparatively) solely because of his use… whether before or after Matt LaFleur. I say all of that not as an “I told you so,” but to say that even as one of the highest on Williams and lowest on Jones, I still didn’t expect that. After Jones destroyed the Cowboys, I thought the Packers might turn to him as more of a bellcow even with Williams back. The Packers proved that if healthy, Williams will be involved and a serious threat to Jones’ value and touches each week. And with us in full-blown bye week madness, Williams can have RB3 with the obvious upside for more.
Malcolm Brown, LAR; Latavius Murray, NO – Brown stepped in for a sidelined Todd Gurley, and Murray saw his best game yet with Alvin Kamara less than 100%. Brown wasn’t too impressive, but neither should be sitting out there at this point.
Benny Snell, PIT – The Steelers are on a bye, but Snell must be stashed in all leagues with Jaylen Samuels out indefinitely. Here’s my pre-draft breakdown of Snell:
+ Strong and physical; keeps moving through contact; shows good vision; doesn’t go down easily; very good pass blocker
– Lacking athletically; don’t have short-yard explosiveness or great lateral movement; no breakaway speed
= Emory Hunt told me someone compared Snell to David Cobb… that shouldn’t be a compliment. Snell is a heavy runner in the good way with physicality but also the poor way with his legs and feet. Snell found the end zone often in college, but he’s more of a grinder that will need volume to sustain; think Jordan Howard.

Howard is doing well with his work in fantasy, but is also helped by the Eagles offense… particularly the offensive line. Well, good news, as the Steelers line will help Snell, as seen, if Conner misses time.
Chase Edmonds, ARI – No, Edmonds is not in the discussion for Austin Ekeler, James White or similar running backs where he can sustain RB2/3 Flex value most weeks. Edmonds looked to be in for a big day on the first drive, but even dealing with a back injury, David Johnson saw 75.4% of the snaps and Edmonds just 29. That’s too few snaps for RB2/3 value, but Edmonds is still here for his upside and combination of Johnson not being 100%. As we saw with Todd Gurley, all it takes is a surprise tweak or setback for Edmonds to be the starter any week.
Mark Walton, MIA – As mentioned in the preseason, it’s always important to note which players “come” with a coaching change. Kenyan Drake and Kalen Ballage were under the old Dolphins regime, while Walton was signed and Myles Gaskin drafted. The Ballage experiment already ended, mercifully, and Walton got his first real shot with the Dolphins in Week 7. Drake still led in snaps and touches (46 snaps, 10 carries, 6 receptions, 70 yards), but Walton checked in with 32, 6 and 5 (75 yards). Granted, it was a favorable matchup, but Walton brought a little extra spark that the Dolphins offense hasn’t seen much of and could push for the lead.
Darrell Henderson, LAR – The Rams offense was horrid in Week 7, and while plenty of credit should go to the 49ers defense, you have to wonder how much the loss of Todd Gurley hurts. C.J. Anderson proved more than capable last year, but going back to the game, Jared Goff was the biggest problem. It may take a talent of Gurley’s level to bring balance versus backups like Malcolm Brown and Henderson. Either way, Henderson had the most yards… a massive 48… in the game. On the downside, he only had 17 snaps (32.1) while Brown had 36 (67.9).
Meh ? : Jay Ajayi, FA; Dare Ogunbowale, TB; Brandon Bolden, NE – I’ve answered way too many Ajayi questions. Look, he’s only finally medically cleared off a torn ACL and drew little interest this offseason. You can’t expect much from him, even if he were to sign with a team, and it should be telling that the Giants didn’t even sniff around…

The Goon is the primary third-down back for the Buccaneers, but this was his first game with more than 5.3 points, and he still hasn’t topped four touches in a game… Granted, I bet that Bolden would have more points than Jonathan Hilliman, but I didn’t rank Bolden higher because of the workload. He still only had five touches, six is his season-high, and Bolden hit a season-high in snaps… with 12.
Future Stash Handcuffs: Tony Pollard, DAL; Alexander Mattison, MIN; Ryquell Armstead, JAX; Wayne Gallman, NYG; Gus Edwards, BAL; Giovani Bernard, CIN; Jordan Wilkins, IND; Dion Lewis, TEN; Reggie Bonnafon, CAR; Ito Smith, ATL; Ty Montgomery, NYJ; Mike Davis, CHI; Ty Johnson, DET
Dumpsville, Population, You ? :
I can’t really think of anyone with how thin running back is getting. You could argue Drake, but until Walton takes over completely, you can’t even cut him.
Waiver Wire Wide Receivers
I Tried to Tell Ya ? : Jamison Crowder, NYJ; Auden Tate, CIN – I do have some reservations about Crowder’s consistency now that Demaryius Thomas is involved. The Jets ran a ton of three wide, but Thomas and Crowder had the same amount of snaps. Crowder is valuable, but he’s not the guaranteed WR3 in PPR that he appeared to be… Tate’s reliability will come crashing down as soon as A.J. Green returns, but he’s still startable for now.
Check to See if Dropped ? : John Brown, BUF; Corey Davis, TEN; Phillip Dorsett, NE – As mentioned with Gore, many dropped Bills players for the bye… Hopefully, Ryan Tannehill can spark the Titans offense and passing game… Dorsett, if healthy, still appears to be the best bet behind Julian Edelman and Josh Gordon, and Gordon left TNF banged up.
Dolphins – Parker still hasn’t hit 60% ownership, despite now having 9.0, 7.1, 15.0 and 10.3 fantasy points, respectively, in the games not facing the Patriots. Albert Wilson returned and played just 38.2% of the snaps, but he still saw as many targets as Preston Williams (six) and caught five… even though he totaled just 15 yards. Williams caught just two for 31 yards. I still like Williams long term, particularly more next year, as Wilson will push for more time and higher use as he gets back to 100%.
Jakobi Meyers and N’Keal Harry, NE – If Gordon misses time, both Meyers, and to a lesser degree, Harry, will come into play… if Dorsett is out too. Dorsett’s absence would help Meyers more given his quicker development and fit, but Harry is worth monitoring given his higher ceiling when it comes to pure ability. I’d rank Meyers ahead of Williams and Wilson (above) if Dorsett or Gordon sits out, while Harry would check in down by Devin Smith (below).
Darius Slayton, NYG – Unfortunately for Slayton, while Sterling Shepard appears to miss another game, Slayton gets another ridiculously tough draw. Slayton is the sacrificial lamb to Patrick Peterson’s PED return. Slayton has great big-play ability and brings a dynamic to the Giants offense that Shepard, Golden Tate and Evan Engram don’t, but it doesn’t end for Slayton this week. He gets Darius Slay next week, then Byron Jones after (if healthy), gets a reprieve with the Jets but then it’s the Bears and Packers in back-to-back games before a cakewalk finish.
Cole Beasley and Duke Williams, BUF – Once again, it’s the Bills players off a bye. Williams has a higher ceiling and out-snapped Beasley before the bye, despite it being his first active game. Beasley is still the better PPR gamble, but the Bills might look to get Williams more opportunities after a solid game versus the Titans. Fortunately for all Bills, they get the Dolphins this week.
Zay Jones, OAK – Don’t forget about the Jones trade. At the same time, don’t forget that midseason wide receiver trades rarely hit (significantly), but the Raiders need help. Jones can make Devin Funchess look sure-handed, but the opportunity to surprise is here for the taking.
Keke Coutee, HOU – Coutee loses value if the Texans go back to Kenny Stills (if healthy), and his ceiling isn’t too high, but similar to Wilson and Beasley, he can have PPR value… though a bit less.
DaeSean Hamilton, DEN – If Emmanuel Sanders misses time, it’s BAESean time! The Broncos are on a short week and face the Chiefs. Hamilton would vault into the WR4 conversation – at least – with plenty of upside for more with no Sanders.
Allen Lazard, GB – If Geronimo Allison can’t return from his concussion and Davante Adams is still sidelined (toe), Lazard is an intriguing gamble against the Raiders. I called Lazard, Auden Tate with a killer smile in the pre-draft 2018 process, and it still fits. And like Tate, Lazard can certainly make some fantasy noise, but it’s going to depend on both Adams and Allison being out. If either play, it’s tough to gamble on Lazard outside of extremely deep leagues.
Devin Smith, DAL – This is another receiver with value contingent on an injury. If Amari Cooper misses time, Smith would gain fantasy relevance again, but still as a boom/bust upside play. With Michael Gallup back, Smith would battle Randall Cobb for targets, but Cobb hasn’t been much of a threat in general.
Meh ? : 49ers; Adam Humphries, TEN – Here are the leading 49ers wide receiver lines for each game: 2/1/39/1; 7/5/86/1; 4/3/44/0; 4/3/41/0 and 6/3/45/0. By the way, that was Richie James, Deebo Samuel (x2), Marquise Goodwin and Dante Pettis. The Bengals game was the only one with two receivers making noise. There isn’t much value here, and even if there was, it’s wildly inconsistent and a receiver by committee situation… Tannehill might make Humphries have value again in PPR, but it would be more Beasley level than anything, and I’d rather just roll the dice on A.J. Brown pushing him aside for No. 2 work before long.
Dumpsville, Population, You ? : Emmanuel Sanders, DEN; Chiefs; Diontae Johnson, PIT – I’m old enough to remember when we were shocked at Sanders’ cyborg-ness coming back from an injury so fast and looking so good. Even if healthy, Sanders has gone dark since his hot start… Mecole Hardman was already droppable with Byron Pringle mixing in, and Demarcus Robinson was in the conversation with Tyreek Hill returning, and then put up a goose egg. If Sammy Watkins returns, none of the three is usable, and even if not, it’s hard to trust any… The entire Steelers passing game has gone belly up no matter who is at quarterback. Outside of JuJu Smith-Schuster, who has become a WR3, and the running backs, this is a wasteland.
Waiver Wire Tight Ends
I Tried to Tell Ya ? : Hunter Henry, LAC; T.J. Hockenson, DET; Jason Witten, DAL – There is a precipitous drop here, even among the “told ya’s”. Heck, the fact that Witten is one is kind of sad. Henry is obvious, and with Hockenson back, he’s a fringe TE1 even as a rookie given how thin the position is.
Check to See if Dropped ? : Dawson Knox, BUF – Waiver wire Week 7 brought to you by the Buffalo Bills. Alliteration anyone?
alliteration-alliteration-everywhere.jpg

Darren Fells, HOU – It’s been up-and-down for Fells, but he has 13.4, 1.7, 15.0 and 9.9 fantasy points, respectively, the past four weeks. Fells is becoming a decent piece of this offense.
Noah Fant, DEN – Fant has one game with more than five points. One. He has 4/3/22/0 over the past two games for 3.7 points. Nevertheless, this is where we’re at, and he’s getting more snaps than most available tight ends currently under 60% owned.
Ben Watson, NE – It was a bit surprising to see the Patriots cut Watson after his return from a suspension, but he’s back. And, Watson is better than anything the Patriots have rolled out to date and could see some red zone opportunities, especially if Gordon is out.
Cameron Brate, TB – Blame Bruce Arians, but Brate has more fantasy points than O.J. Howard does despite having 41.4% of the snaps Howard does (143 to 345). Brate is getting more red-zone targets, as Howard continues to block half of the time… just four to two, but still, we’re in desperate tight end times.
DST Streaming
  1. NO at CHI
  2. GB vs OAK
  3. TEN vs LAC
  4. NYG vs ARI
  5. KC at DEN
  6. DET vs MIN
  7. SEA vs BAL

How on earth was Joe Mixon on the waiver wire

1-5 team dropped him yesterday. I'm going to put a few dollar FAAB bid in, but I won't be mad if I don't land him. I currently have Conner, Carson, Jacobs, Shady and will likely now add Snell as the Conner-cuff.

I would grab N’Keal Harry asap and stash him on your IR if you can. Started practicing today and is returning in two games. Considering Josh Gordon’s injury he could help out big time starting Week 9.

Per his Yahoo player-page:

Patriots WR N'Keal Harry (ankle) returned to practice Tuesday.

Advice: Harry was officially designated as New England's first player to return from injured reserve. It's the rookie's first practice since the end of August following an injury-riddled training camp and preseason. Harry can't play for another two games per the league's policy since he was just activated, but it's likely he's limited or simply takes a backseat to undrafted rookie Jakobi Meyers if he's available in Week 9. Phillip Dorsett (hamstring) also returned to practice on Tuesday. Harry's merely a cross-your-fingers stash since he was most recently considered to be behind Maurice Harris on the depth chart prior to final cuts.

1-5 team dropped him yesterday. I'm going to put a few dollar FAAB bid in, but I won't be mad if I don't land him. I currently have Conner, Carson, Jacobs, Shady and will likely now add Snell as the Conner-cuff.
I’d pick Mixon over Shady and Snell tbh. Better to have a starting RB than 1)one belonging to a RBBC and 2)a handcuff that my never pan out

been a slow year for Mixon but the usage and carry counts are still pretty high.

I’d pick Mixon over Shady and Snell tbh. Better to have a starting RB than 1)one belonging to a RBBC and 2)a handcuff that my never pan out

been a slow year for Mixon but the usage and carry counts are still pretty high.

Not opposed to dropping Shady. My three drop-candidates for making any new moves are Witten, Preston Williams and add Shady to the list.

i was salty my friend picked up dissly in waivers and i didnt... all good though cuz i got fells in waivers since olsen and oj aint doing jack... ya i need davante adams to play this week to... if not then im a roll with Sutton, ty Hilton and diggs as my flex… if davante adams comes back though who should I take out of the 3? Im thinking diggs but he had a great week last week

We dropping OJ or holding him? I was able to land Everett last week and he did jack **** too.

If Christian Kirk plays this week, would u go with him vs Giants or Hunter Henry vs Titans?

both are currently FA’s

Deep league. Need to fill an RB slot. This what I have to choose from. Any advice?

Untitled.png
Untitled2.png
Need to play this week or just for the ROS?

This week: Hines or Hilliman (assuming Saquon doesn't play)
Rest of season: Minus whale go with a handcuff in Bonnafon or Snell. Mark Walton too if Kenyan Drake gets dealt

Need to play this week or just for the ROS?

This week: Hines or Hilliman (assuming Saquon doesn't play)
Rest of season: Minus whale go with a handcuff in Bonnafon or Snell. Mark Walton too if Kenyan Drake gets dealt

Yeah I just picked up Snell for the future, as he's on a BYE. Need someone just for this week and it's slim pickins.

Back
Top Bottom