OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Willy shouldn’t get fired but I’m not sure what FSU thought they were getting when they hired him. The dream job story was cute but let’s be real, the dudes been mediocre literally everywhere he has coached and is continuing it at FSU.

Willy shouldn’t get fired but I’m not sure what FSU thought they were getting when they hired him. The dream job story was cute but let’s be real, the dudes been mediocre literally everywhere he has coached and is continuing it at FSU.

Probably the same thing Oregon did. All 4 HC jobs he took over weren't exactly turnkey. WKU was winless the season before he took over and had them at 7-5 years 2 and 3. USF was a catastrophe when he took over for Holtz and was 10-2 before heading to Oregon. Helfrich went 4-8 his last year and Willie got them to 7-5 the following season. Jimbo was 5-6 before he took off for College Station. We looked like complete trash last year, but Willie was 5-7.

I guess the most concerning thing is how terrible we've looked in losses and wins. Regardless, as bad as this team has looked, it could easily be 5-1. To be fair, it could also be 2-4. Either way, the previous 2 games going into Clemson, they looked halfway decent and showed some life. Also may have been a completely different ball of wax had the guys he wanted from Day 1 were there from the beginning (Briles (Clements), Leavitt, Dugans etc).

All that said, he's clearly not an elite HC, but if anyone is judging him soley based off his overall record, probably isn't being exactly fair IMO. If you're looking at positives, each one of his season at the respective school, their record either improved or was the same, rather than regressing.

Last edited:
Chris Steele is gonna be the most veteran corner playing against Arizona. Greg Johnson, ITS, and OG are all out injured as of today. Oh man...

:lol:

Chris Steele is gonna be the most veteran corner playing against Arizona. Greg Johnson, ITS, and OG are all out injured as of today. Oh man...

:lol:

I got tickets to this game because I thought we would have a shot. Dah well. Gotta go see my boys.

Shootout on deck?

looks like it. ITS said last night he hopes to be able to go Saturday (he has an ankle sprain) but behind Steele is Max Williams who played in 1 game vs Washington but is still coming back from a torn ACL, and then a bunch of freshmen who have never been in a game.

Palaei Gaoteote is also out at WLB and in a boot. Zona’s gonna score some points if they want to.

Last edited:
Willie T should be given an extension.

Fun fact UF the only top 10 team with ZERO 5 stars on the active roster. (B. Cox still ineligible).

ASU really the class of the PAC 12?
201edce2cf7a3569e697fbdd5509b9dd_w200.gif

I’ve never left a game at halftime before... but drinking at my old local dive bar was way more fun than the first thirty minutes of that garbage

ALabama offered this kid? Holy ****... ahahahha

David Shaw gotta go.

Back
Top Bottom