OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln
kickz4242 kickz4242

Thursday's UGA practice report
Everybody's back, including D'Andre Swift.

That was the big take from Thursday's approximate 10 minutes of media viewing. We told you Wednesday that Swift actually returned to practice, and our sources indicated that he had not suffered an injury. Based on what we saw today, that is absolutely correct. Swift was dressed out and going through drills with the rest of his teammates. He didn't appear to be limited in any way.

That's obviously great news for the Bulldogs, who continued to be impressed by the work of Zamir White, Brian Herrien, and James Cook.

1319x1580.jpeg.f53062b80d964c59b536b394b3804bef.large

...Also returning from the injury front were linebacker Nate McBride and tight end Ryland Goede, who was wearing a club over his right wrist. Sources tell UGASports that Goede had wrist surgery.

Also:

...Was great spending a few minutes with Rennie Curran at practice. Rennie asked me who impressed me.. I said Nakobe Dean, and that he reminded me of him. Rennie said I was the second one who told him that today.

...Trey Blount hasn't been talked about a ton, but made a nice catch during quarterback-receiver drills.

...Cornerback Tyrique Stevenson was back on the field today. I overlooked him, apparently, on Tuesday, but he was back and running drills per usual with his defensive back teammates.

...Ben Cleveland was back with the first team at right guard during the two minutes I was watching, although Sam Pittman continues to rotate throughout.

...Someone who appears to be having a good camp is senior defensive tackle Tyler Clark, who continues to draw praise from position coach Tray Scott.

...DJ Daniel appears to be pushing Tyson Campbell at cornerback, again, just based on what I see in drills.

From Patrick Garbin

…As Dash indicated, most of the media, who promptly turned left to head toward the offensive side of the field, was anxious to see about D’Andre Swift. Even AD Greg McGarity, who reached the practice field just prior to the media, started heading that way, as well. I took a right toward the defensive side.

…For period 3—the first of our two viewable periods—the defensive linemen worked on a drill ending with them hitting a bag. After Jordan Davis took a rep, Kirby Smart took him aside and said he came in “too high.”

…The outside linebackers drilled with a chute because, according to DC Dan Lanning, their pad level had been “too high.” The rotation was as follows: Jermaine Johnson—Nolan Smith; Azeez Ojulari—Walter Grant; and Adam Anderson—Robert Beal.

…In period 4, the safeties worked on tracking down and gathering long passes thrown their way. For the two reps I watched, Otis Reese looked really impressive, easily locating the ball while moving with what seemed like little effort.

…For the final period we observed, I primarily watched Charlton Warren work with the cornerbacks. The corners worked on keying on the hip of an opposing player, while placing his hand “near the crack of his a**,” according to Warren. Upon a pass being thrown, it was up to the corner to break off the hip and defend the pass. For what it’s worth, I really like Warren. You can certainly tell he has a military background. At one point, the group appeared a tad sluggish, not hurrying to take their turns, when Warren boomed, “Nobody wants to get better today!?!”

…During the aforementioned drill, an NFL scout asked a staffer about Ameer Speed. After the staffer detailed a few of Speed’s athletic attributes, the scout promptly asked, “What about his character?”—not asked like it was a concern, but more like a standard question routinely asked.

…On Tuesday, we reported that Tyrique Stevenson walked off the practice field when we first got out there with trainer Ron Courson by his side. Today, Stevenson was out there. However, just before the start of the group’s last viewable drill, Warren instructed him to sit it out because, from what I overheard, something on the order of “You can’t run.”

Last edited:
Feldman's heard the rumors about this being Dantonio's last year too. He didn't go into it but I guess there's something in MD's contract that makes it advantageous to retire now.

Also said this could be Solich's last year at Ohio.

Dang near a quarter of UF's 2019 recruiting class didn't make it on campus

Last edited:
Tyson Campbell about to get passed up?

Word on the street is that he is being "pushed" bye DJ Daniel and Tyrique Stephenson (all we've heard is that tyreke has been balling since the moment he got on campus); Eri Stokes is the entrenched starter at the other cornerback spot. Personally, I think that some of this is motivational in order to push Tyson. I think he'll be the starter in our base defense for the first game of the season but I'm glad he's being pushed and he's not just being handed the job because he was a five-star last year. The competition is only gonna get tougher, I think we have a good shot at Ringo and he'll be pushing to start day one too if he comes.

This is why I don't understand the complains about players being "recruited over". Just because a program has good defensive backs doesn't mean they'll stop recruiting other good DBs, Ohio State is never gonna say 'we already have really good receivers, lets stop recruiting other ones'. Top programs are always recruiting the best players, regardless of who's already on their roster.

Last edited:
BJ to Tennessee. I don't think Georgia was really in the hunt for him until fairly recently we'll see if he sticks with Tennessee if Georgia really puts a pressure on now that they need to take a defensive end with Cox gone

Sounds like Miami has suspensions coming for UF...

And Tate considering a move to WR.

Last edited:
Tate moving to WR reminds me of Braxton Miller (granted Braxton had to because he couldn’t throw anymore), scrambling QB who can’t throw very well. Pretty close comparison? I didn’t see Tate in any spring games but sounds like he struggles throwing. Braxton was definitely not a polished passer

There's a reason the Texas schools and Oklahoma stopped recruiting Arjei Henderson early on. Guess Mullins is just now finding that out.

And witnesskb24 witnesskb24 what's going on with Marques Beason? Read he got carted off the field. Kid is gonna be a stud for Illinois.

Tate moving to WR reminds me of Braxton Miller (granted Braxton had to because he couldn’t throw anymore), scrambling QB who can’t throw very well. Pretty close comparison? I didn’t see Tate in any spring games but sounds like he struggles throwing. Braxton was definitely not a polished passer

Don't forget about Terrelle Pryor, Julian Edelman, Hines Ward, etc. there are a lot of examples of it working in the past, I'm just not sure about his instincts for the position and his top end speed

Man, Tommy really ain't treating Jimbo too well on top in-state targets this year. Took Broughton, Princely U., and now Xavion Alford right from Jimbo within a week of A&M being the favorites.

Back
Top Bottom