OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wasn't this a disaster when FAMU tried this? Why not just join the SoCon if you think you've outgrown the MEAC?

Last edited:
There's a reason the Texas schools and Oklahoma stopped recruiting Arjei Henderson early on. Guess Mullins is just now finding that out.

And witnesskb24 witnesskb24 what's going on with Marques Beason? Read he got carted off the field. Kid is gonna be a stud for Illinois.

I’ve heard he’s gonna miss the season but nothings been confirmed yet, Lovie has only said “it’s not good”. Hope the kid will be able to play :smh:

Don't forget about Terrelle Pryor, Julian Edelman, Hines Ward, etc. there are a lot of examples of it working in the past, I'm just not sure about his instincts for the position and his top end speed

Oh yeah it can definitely work. I’ll never forget the first time I saw Pryor play (while he was at OSU). That kid didn’t look super quick on TV but when he scrambled and hit the edge good lord. I always wish I could’ve seen him play in Urbans offense, he was so underutilized under Tressels

Have any of you guys watch the new season of QB1 on Netflix? Spencer Rattler comes across as kind of a d***, almost bordering on Tate Martell level arrogance. He's constantly downing his backup quarterback and blaming his receivers. Then towards the end he mysteriously has a code of conduct violation that causes him to miss the the last few games of the season.

I realize that this is just a TV show, and they can edit the tape however they want and that he's also a young guy who still learning but he didn't come across very well on the show. He's a super talented kid that just needs a little bit of humbling at the college level. Hopefully Jalen Hurts can mentor him.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys watch the new season of QB1 on Netflix? Spencer Rattler comes across as kind of a d***, almost bordering on Tate Martell level arrogance. He's constantly downing his backup quarterback and blaming his receivers. Then towards the end he mysteriously has a code of conduct violation that causes him to miss the the last few games of the season.

I realize that this is just a TV show, and they can edit the tape however they want and that he's also a young guy who still learning but he didn't come across very well on the show. He's a super talented kid that just needs a little bit of humbling at the college level. Hopefully Jalen Hurts can mentor him.

Is QB1 still only available on that one website?

Notes from Georgia's scrimmage today

Radi Nabulsi Publisher
Staff

New After asking around, here is what we were told from multiple sources about Georgia's second scrimmage of the season.

This was a much better-looking team than last week. This is how we expected them to look. Smart mentioned in his press conference how much he liked the competition out there. He was not exaggerating, as both sides looked a lot more polished, and the players were going all out.

DJ Daniels looks like he belongs out there. He is getting a lot more snaps with the first team. His experience is paying off.

Jake Fromm looked very impressive, night and day better than last week. “So much better,” per one insider.

Fans should not sleep on Brian Herrien. He was great versus the second team. He had a 50-yard TD last week that was not mentioned a whole lot.

Jermaine Johnson was second string. When he gets to the QB, you can see how fast he is. He just needs to get there more often. Of course, that’s easier said than done, when facing Andrew Thomas

Speaking of, the coaches played Cade Mays at the left tackle spot to give him some reps out there. Word is he did fine.

The starting offensive line, in general, came to play.

Kenny McIntosh can play. Don’t overlook him either. Ran hard vs. third team; will be interesting to see how he progresses against the first or the second team.

James Cook was catching the ball out of the backfield well. He is going to be huge. I saw him make a one-handed grab in warm-ups. That was impressive. He also bounced the ball outside for a big gain.

Zamir White was fine, but not as gaudy in the stats like last week. No 50-yard wheel route TD for him this week.

Walk-on quarterback Nathan Priestley has potential.

Overall, the discipline for the second scrimmage was good, meaning there were few penalties.

Charlie Woerner made a first down when the offense needed it. John FitzPatrick dropped a sure TD. That is rare for FitzMagic.

Georgia Pickens scored a 30-plus yard touchdown on a pass from Stetson Bennett.

Lewis Cine looked great and Mark Webb did well. Both had interceptions today

The defense tackled well, and the goal-line defense was good. There was good gang tackling and the players were flying to the ball.

Tyler Simmons was catching punts. He also caught a 65-yard touchdown pass right off the bat.

Nolan Smith is going to be a problem for offenses.

UPDATE - Nakobe Dean has what they think is a high ankle sprain, but not serious. Should be fine.

Was able to attend the scrimmage today and here’s what I observed.

First team offense lined up with Cager Simmons D-Rob and Landers with Woerner at TE. One of the first plays was a 60-70 yard TD bomb to Simmons with Stevenson in (great) coverage. Ball was placed perfectly. Simmons went on to have another long TD later in the scrimmage in situational downs where he just ran away from the defenders down the sideline.

Early on Pickens was targeted in the corner of the end zone and apparently made a wrong cut or turn as it looked to be a back shoulder throw from Jake and Pickens had to try and adjust and make an acrobatic catch. He nearly did but got an ear full from Jake and Coley as he went back to the sidelines for turning the wrong way.

Herrien is better than he’s ever been by a lot. He has great hands good vision and balance. He runs so hard. Might play himself onto an NFL roster. Was very impressed with his performance.

Mark Webb was everywhere. He’s got star locked down but Divaad will play a lot.

Kirby was on a mic all day and was really “coaching up” Channing Tindall most of the day. Was really fun to watch him motivate guys by essentially calling them out over the loud speaker.
During 1v1 goal line drill the offense had scored once maybe twice in the first couple plays and Kirby basically asked anyone if they wanted to take 52s spot because he didn’t want to be in there. Told the DL everyone there was watching 95 99 and 52. Continues to talk about how 52 didn’t have it. The next two plays were stone cold stops by the defense. The collisions at the line sounded like explosions and the offense may have even lost yards. 52 busted through a couple times and he and Isaiah Wilson got nose to nose after both downs. It was absolutely awesome. Kirby is a master motivator.

Starting D was the usual suspects with DJ Daniel being the other CB opposite Stokes. Had a good day.

James Cook is Kamara 2.0. We got him to the edge and used him in passing situations a lot. He can make them miss and get up field as good as anyone I’ve seen. McIntosh isn’t as big as I thought and he probably won’t play a ton but he’s a talented guy that got a lot of action today. I liked what I saw.

Simmons appears to be #1 PR with D Rob at #1 KR. Cook had a KO return that might’ve been a TD in 100% live action but was blown dead for some reason. He looks really good back there. He gets my vote as KO returner.

Swift and Justin Young jogged the end zone all day.

Lewis Cine is a baller. Period. 2 INTs. Knows exactly where to be and very sure tackler.

Zeus is going to make us really really happy. He’s a hard physical runner like Chubb with the dynamics of a Sony. Catches the ball very well. Absolute beast between the tackles.

I think Trayvon Walker is a contributor immediately. Really really powerful guy.

We still can’t defend a Hail Mary in the west end zone. Defenses gave up two Hail Mary TDs to close practice in a situational drill. After the scrimmage the team did several wind sprints and had a long team huddle. Afterwards the entire DB group was sent to the east end zone with the QBs to continue working on batting the ball down with assistants pulling on them and slapping them with pads. The rest of the team was free to mingle with friends and family.

The main take away is we just have a lot of guys. Even when it was 3 on 3 it was hard to spot a lot of walk ons. We’re a very deep and talented team. I loved Coley and Lanning’s energy on the sideline. They’re very intense and demand perfection. We seem to want more tempo offensively. Coley was heard screaming “get down, get set” over and over and over and over. He wants to go go go.

If/when a couple of these WRs emerge, watch out.

This team is really good.

have you guys heard about this new Maximum College Football game coming out next month? Obviously it's not going to have any real teams but it's going to be fun to have a college football game to play again

have you guys heard about this new Maximum College Football game coming out next month? Obviously it's not going to have any real teams but it's going to be fun to have a college football game to play again

Maximum football 2018 looked terrible

To be fair to SDSU, Qualcomm is a dump and they need a new stadium.

This isn’t Alabama installing LED lights for light shows because they ran out off room for more waterfalls in the lockerroom.

To be fair to SDSU, Qualcomm is a dump and they need a new stadium.

This isn’t Alabama installing LED lights for light shows because they ran out off room for more waterfalls in the lockerroom.

Toss up between Oakland and SD for worst NFL stadium I’ve ever been in. The “outer ring” where the concessions, restrooms etc in Oakland looked like f’ing Beirut, but the field and big screens were a better there than SD. Q was cleaner but a dump nonetheless. My cell phone was bigger and better than their large monitor. Made a grand total of one trip to Qualcomm my entire time in SD and I live 2.5 miles away; thing should have been replaced probably 15-20 years ago.

The more I hear him talk and reason out his picks and opinions ... is Barton Simmons really bad?

The more I hear him talk and reason out his picks and opinions ... is Barton Simmons really bad?

I think his high School football calendar valuation is a lot better than his college football analysis. I listen to him on the Cover 3 podcast and not only are his takes bad, his rationale behind them is even worse. He should definitely stay in his Lane of evaluating high schoolers and not providing any insight into college

Back
Top Bottom